Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bush and the black vote

Bush declines NAACP invitation
    Thursday, July 8, 2004 Posted: 11:40 AM EDT (1540 GMT)

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (AP) -- President Bush declined an invitation to speak at the NAACP's annual convention, the group said.

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People expects more than 8,000 people to attend the convention, which opens on Saturday.

Democratic challenger John Kerry accepted an invitation to speak next Thursday on the final day of the convention, the NAACP said.

Bush spoke at the 2000 NAACP convention in Baltimore when he was running for president.

NAACP spokesman John White said Wednesday that Bush has declined invitations in each year of his presidency -- becoming the first president since Herbert Hoover not to attend an NAACP convention.

Is this the same NAACP that ran ads claiming Bush was responsible for the death of Mr. Bird in Texas????

Gee I wonder why Bush would snub these racist pukes.....

are you the same hick who thinks gays are immoral?

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 01:38 PM
    [b] are you the same hick who thinks gays are immoral? [/b][/quote]
    That would be me....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yeah...declining to speak before the NAACP pretty much spells doom for the Bush re-election campagn. I guess it's time to go buy a Nader bumper sticker.

In other news...

[quote][b]Thursday, July 8, 2004
    [b]Lily-White Democrat Ticket Angers Black Activists[/b]

The Democrat establishment loves to talk about "diversity," but its failure to practice what it preaches has black activists threatening to flee the party's plantation.

"Minority activists are unimpressed with the Democrats' new middle-aged-white-guys presidential ticket," the Boston Herald reported today.

"From city councilors to clergy, black community leaders charge that Sen. John F. Kerry's choice of Sen. John Edwards as a running mate fails to diversify the ticket ... ."

The black vote is "wide open," said the Rev. Eugene Rivers of National Ten Point Leadership Foundation.

"If Karl Rove makes a decision to mount a serious bid with a real proposal for the cities, we could see some de-alignments and realignments," he told the Herald. Kerry and Edwards have failed to make an "intellectually credible" case for the minority vote, he said.

Democrats' 'Terrorist Attacks' on Blacks

The Rev. Wayne Perryman says blacks should have given condescending, exploitative and vicious Democrats the boot long ago.

"For 150 years blacks were victims of terrorist attacks by the Democrats and their Klan supporters, including lynchings, beatings, rapes and mutilations," he writes in "Unfounded Loyalty: An In-depth Look Into the Blind Love Affair Between Blacks and Democrats."

Note that the only known ex-Klansman on Capitol Hill is Democrat Sen. Robert Byrd of West Virginia.

The Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, head of Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny and author of "Scam: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America," has long exposed the unsavory ties between the Democrat establishment and the likes of Jesse "Shakedown" Jackson.

As for the nation's largest ethnic minority, Latino activists are upset that Kerry didn't tap New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson to be his running mate. It was so embarrassingly obvious Richardson was out of consideration that, in a pre-emptive strike last week, he staged a sour-grapes photo op to announce he didn't want the job ... a claim he had already been uttering for weeks.

[/b][/quote]

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 08:33 PM
    [b] Yeah...declining to speak before the NAACP pretty much spells doom for the Bush re-election campagn. I guess it's time to go buy a Nader bumper sticker.

In other news...

[quote][b]Thursday, July 8, 2004
    [b]Lily-White Democrat Ticket Angers Black Activists[/b]

The Democrat establishment loves to talk about "diversity," but its failure to practice what it preaches has black activists threatening to flee the party's plantation.

"Minority activists are unimpressed with the Democrats' new middle-aged-white-guys presidential ticket," the Boston Herald reported today.

"From city councilors to clergy, black community leaders charge that Sen. John F. Kerry's choice of Sen. John Edwards as a running mate fails to diversify the ticket ... ."

The black vote is "wide open," said the Rev. Eugene Rivers of National Ten Point Leadership Foundation.

"If Karl Rove makes a decision to mount a serious bid with a real proposal for the cities, we could see some de-alignments and realignments," he told the Herald. Kerry and Edwards have failed to make an "intellectually credible" case for the minority vote, he said.

Democrats' 'Terrorist Attacks' on Blacks

The Rev. Wayne Perryman says blacks should have given condescending, exploitative and vicious Democrats the boot long ago.

"For 150 years blacks were victims of terrorist attacks by the Democrats and their Klan supporters, including lynchings, beatings, rapes and mutilations," he writes in "Unfounded Loyalty: An In-depth Look Into the Blind Love Affair Between Blacks and Democrats."

Note that the only known ex-Klansman on Capitol Hill is Democrat Sen. Robert Byrd of West Virginia.

The Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, head of Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny and author of "Scam: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America," has long exposed the unsavory ties between the Democrat establishment and the likes of Jesse "Shakedown" Jackson.

As for the nation's largest ethnic minority, Latino activists are upset that Kerry didn't tap New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson to be his running mate. It was so embarrassingly obvious Richardson was out of consideration that, in a pre-emptive strike last week, he staged a sour-grapes photo op to announce he didn't want the job ... a claim he had already been uttering for weeks.

[/b][/quote] [/b][/quote]
    This Country isn't ready for a minority candidate as VP. Sorry but that is a fact. Even a woman would be the death of any presidential ticket. Mondale anyone?

Here is my criteria for a President (based on ALL Presidents):

White
    Married
    Children
    Goes to Church

We will see a single President (white of course) before we see a minority as President or VP and that is too bad.

Thats the facts jack.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 09:02 PM
    [b] This Country isn't ready for a minority candidate as VP. Sorry but that is a fact. Even a woman would be the death of any presidential ticket. Mondale anyone?

White
    Married
    Children
    Goes to Church

We will see a single President (white of course) before we see a minority as President or VP and that is too bad.

Thats the facts jack. [/b][/quote]
    If Cheney decided to step aside, Bush wouldn't hesitate a second to ask Colin Powell to share the ticket.

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318+Jul 8 2004, 09:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shakin318 @ Jul 8 2004, 09:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gainzo[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 09:02 PM
    [b] This Country isn&#39;t ready for a minority candidate as VP. Sorry but that is a fact. Even a woman would be the death of any presidential ticket. Mondale anyone?

White
    Married
    Children
    Goes to Church

Thats the facts jack. [/b][/quote]
    If Cheney decided to step aside, Bush wouldn&#39;t hesitate a second to ask Colin Powell to share the ticket. [/b][/quote]
    I hate to say this but I believe a lot of Americans don&#39;t think Powell is "that" black. If he looked like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton do you think he would be a viable candidate?

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet+Jul 8 2004, 10:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (valleyjet @ Jul 8 2004, 10:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gainzo[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 09:56 PM
    [b] I hate to say this but I believe a lot of Americans don&#39;t think Powell is "that" black. If he looked like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton do you think he would be a viable candidate? [/b][/quote]
    Besides, I have a hunch that Colin Powell has had enough of that ass-clown Bush anyway. [/b][/quote]
    Not sure about that.

I don&#39;t know how his son became the head of the FCC but the backlash over the Stern stuff has been pretty nasty. I believe Powell Sr. is feeling the heat.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

While we&#39;re on the subject of race, get a load of the last five paragraphs (highlighted in blue).

Un-freakin-believable.

[quote][b][b]California education chief calls preschooler &#39;stupid dirty girl&#39;[/b]
    Riordan apologizes for remark
    Friday, July 9, 2004 Posted: 7:13 AM EDT (1113 GMT)

California Education Secretary is under fire after telling a child her name, Isis, meant "stupid dirty girl"

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- State Education Secretary Richard Riordan jokingly told a child her name, Isis, meant "stupid dirty girl," prompting the head of the California NAACP on Thursday to call for his resignation.

Riordan, the wealthy former Los Angeles mayor known for his support of public schools, startled even friends last week with the comments at a promotional event for summer reading at the Santa Barbara library.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, his longtime friend, called Riordan&#39;s statement to the girl "unacceptable in any context" but gave no hint his job was in danger.

But Alice Huffman, president of the California chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said Thursday that Riordan "is not suitable to lead education in our state" and should be removed.

The conversation, videotaped by KEYT-TV, took place July 1. The girl, 6-year-old Isis D&#39;Luciano, asked Riordan if he knew her name meant "Egyptian goddess."

Riordan replied, "It means stupid dirty girl."

After nervous laughter in the room, the girl again told Riordan the meaning of her name.

"Hey, that&#39;s nifty," he said.

A day later, Riordan issued a statement that said he "teased" the girl. "I immediately apologized to her, and I want to do so again for the misunderstanding," Riordan said.

The governor&#39;s chief spokesman, Rob Stutzman, said Thursday Riordan had not been asked to resign and, "That&#39;s the end of the issue, as far as we are concerned."

The girl&#39;s mother, Trinity Lila of Goleta, said her daughter was fine, and she considered the issue over.

"Obviously it hurt her feelings, but she didn&#39;t take it personally. She knew he was wrong and she let it go," Lila said. "I&#39;m not going to sue them for therapy bills."

"He&#39;s already apologized repeatedly," Lila added. Although Riordan&#39;s office has tried to contact her, "I don&#39;t see what else is to be done."

But the issue has persisted. In an editorial Thursday, The Sacramento Bee said California "shouldn&#39;t have an education secretary who makes offensive, damaging remarks to young children for no apparent reason."

"He&#39;s the governor&#39;s top person on education, which means we would expect him to have some love and respect for children," Huffman said. "I think he is the wrong man for the job. There is no way for him to explain this away."

Riordan, a venture capitalist who started a foundation supporting literacy, has a reputation for awkward -- some might say insensitive -- remarks and behavior.

As mayor, he once greeted hunger strikers outside his office eating a hamburger. In a speech to school administrators earlier this year, he told a story about a nun physically disciplining a student that startled some in the audience.

"There wasn&#39;t an uproar, but some people felt the comment was inappropriate," said Joseph Jones, assistant executive director of the Association of California School Administrators.

[b][color=blue]Democratic state Assemblyman Mervyn Dymally, who had scheduled a protest by civil rights organizations, canceled the demonstration after an apparent mix-up over the girl&#39;s racial background.

Dymally was quoted in the San Jose Mercury News Thursday saying the child was "a little African-American girl. Would he (Riordan) have done that to a white girl?"

The girl is white, with blonde hair.

Dymally did not return telephone calls. His office issued a statement Wednesday calling Riordan&#39;s remarks to the girl "outrageous and irresponsible," then issued another statement Thursday saying, "To err is human; to forgive is divine."

"Race is not a factor in this issue," Dymally said in Thursday&#39;s statement, adding that Riordan had apologized a second time. "It is time for us to move on."[/color][/b][/b][/quote]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 01:34 PM
    [b] Is this the same NAACP that ran ads claiming Bush was responsible for the death of Mr. Bird in Texas????

Gee I wonder why Bush would snub these racist pukes..... [/b][/quote]
    Maybe this also has something to do with it:

[b]YORK, Pa. - President Bush said Friday that he declined an invitation to speak to the NAACP&#39;s convention in Philadelphia because of harsh statements about him by leaders of the venerable civil rights group. [/b]

&#39;&#39;I would describe my relationship with the current leadership as basically nonexistent,&#39;&#39; Bush told reporters. ``You&#39;ve heard the rhetoric and the names they&#39;ve called me.&#39;&#39;

Bush added that he &#39;&#39;admired some&#39;&#39; NAACP leaders and said he would seek members&#39; support ``in other ways.&#39;&#39;

The decision not to speak was a far cry from candidate Bush&#39;s appeal to the NAACP four years ago when he conceded at its convention in Baltimore that Republicans hadn&#39;t always gotten along with the group.

`NOT ALWAYS ALLIES&#39;

&#39;&#39;The NAACP and the GOP -- have not always been allies, I know that,&#39;&#39; Bush said then. ``But recognizing our past and confronting the common future with a common vision -- by doing that, I believe we can find common ground.&#39;&#39;

They haven&#39;t. NAACP President Kweisi Mfume is to respond to Bush&#39;s comments today at a news conference.

It&#39;s the fourth straight year that Bush has declined an invitation to attend the NAACP convention, which opens today in Philadelphia. He&#39;s the first sitting president since Herbert Hoover not to address the group.

White House officials initially said scheduling conflicts prevented Bush from making the journey to Philadelphia or addressing the conference via satellite, as he did Thursday to the League of United Latin American Citizens convention in San Antonio, Texas.

Administration officials traveling with the president on Friday on a campaign swing through south-central Pennsylvania signaled that White House annoyance with the NAACP was the major factor.

REASON REVEALED

&#39;&#39;The current leadership of the NAACP has certainly made some rather hostile political comments about the president over the past few years,&#39;&#39; White House spokesman Scott McClellan said.

NAACP Chairman Julian Bond, speaking to lawmakers and business leaders in Indiana last month, said Bush and other Republicans appeal to a racist ``dark underside of American culture.&#39;&#39;

&#39;&#39;They preach racial equality but practice racial division,&#39;&#39; Bond said.

``Their idea of equal rights is the American flag and Confederate swastika flying side-by-side.&#39;&#39;

On Thursday, Mfume accused the Bush administration of treating the black community cynically by courting the black vote while stiffing black organizations like the NAACP.

&#39;&#39;We&#39;re not fools,&#39;&#39; he said.

McClellan said the Bush administration has been courting African-American voters through its political agenda. When Bush talks about his &#39;&#39;No Child Left Behind&#39;&#39; education program, he often speaks about eliminating the &#39;&#39;soft bigotry of low expectations&#39;&#39; that minority children experience in public schools. Bush received only 9 percent of the black vote in 2000.

Worden reports for The Philadelphia Inquirer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fact is Julian Bond also likened the Republicans to Nazi&#39;s not to long ago.

Hey here&#39;s an idea......why doesn&#39;t John Kerry go speak at the NRA convention?

[quote][b]Hey here&#39;s an idea......why doesn&#39;t John Kerry go speak at the NRA convention? [/b][/quote]

Meaning?

[quote][b]This Country isn&#39;t ready for a minority candidate as VP. Sorry but that is a fact. Even a woman would be the death of any presidential ticket. Mondale anyone?

White
    Married
    Children
    Goes to Church

Thats the facts jack.
    [/b][/quote]

First, we have already seen a single, unmarriwd President. James Buchanan (pres just before Lincoln) was single.

And if I recall, we have had a number of Presidents that did not have children, but I can not remember which.

Second, I disagree that the U.S. is unready today for a minority, especially a Black, and especially at VP. Colin Powell & Condy Rice could both be serious candidates somewhere down the road (2008 and beyond). And this issue becomes more and more irrelevant every day in the USA. Black culture has swept the youth of the USA, and they will not treat Blacks (at least) as the generations before them has. Their heros are not Larry Bird, Joe Montana, Sinatra or John "The Duke" Wane. Todays white youth worship at the feet of Kobe Bryant, Michael Vick, 50 Cent, Tupac Shakur, and dozens of others.

I predict a Black VP or Pres before 2025. Likely in 2012 or 2016 IMO.

And I gotta be honest......I could give Rats arse if a Presidential candidate goes to Church.

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 10:07 PM
    [b] [quote][b]This Country isn&#39;t ready for a minority candidate as VP. Sorry but that is a fact. Even a woman would be the death of any presidential ticket. Mondale anyone?

White
    Married
    Children
    Goes to Church

Thats the facts jack.
    [/b][/quote]

First, we have already seen a single, unmarriwd President. James Buchanan (pres just before Lincoln) was single.

And if I recall, we have had a number of Presidents that did not have children, but I can not remember which.

Second, I disagree that the U.S. is unready today for a minority, especially a Black, and especially at VP. Colin Powell & Condy Rice could both be serious candidates somewhere down the road (2008 and beyond). And this issue becomes more and more irrelevant every day in the USA. Black culture has swept the youth of the USA, and they will not treat Blacks (at least) as the generations before them has. Their heros are not Larry Bird, Joe Montana, Sinatra or John "The Duke" Wane. Todays white youth worship at the feet of Kobe Bryant, Michael Vick, 50 Cent, Tupac Shakur, and dozens of others.

And I gotta be honest......I could give Rats arse if a Presidential candidate goes to Church. [/b][/quote]
    Going back 200 years doesn&#39;t count.

Powell? Is he "black?" Not in the eyes of most Americans. As I said in another thread he doesn&#39;t exactly look like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.

Geez, Bush has minorities in his cabinet? What a man&#33;

This Country will never elect a black man or woman as President.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo+Jul 11 2004, 11:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gainzo @ Jul 11 2004, 11:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Warfish[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 10:07 PM
    [b] [quote][b]This Country isn&#39;t ready for a minority candidate as VP. Sorry but that is a fact. Even a woman would be the death of any presidential ticket. Mondale anyone?

White
    Married
    Children
    Goes to Church

Thats the facts jack.
    [/b][/quote]

And I gotta be honest......I could give Rats arse if a Presidential candidate goes to Church. [/b][/quote]

Powell? Is he "black?" Not in the eyes of most Americans. As I said in another thread he doesn&#39;t exactly look like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.

This Country will never elect a black man or woman as President. [/b][/quote]
    Colin Powell is not really black?

What does that mean?

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin+Jul 11 2004, 10:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet-Zeppelin @ Jul 11 2004, 10:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Gainzo@Jul 11 2004, 11:35 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Warfish[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 10:07 PM

White
    Married
    Children
    Goes to Church

Thats the facts jack.
    [/b][/quote]

What does that mean? [/b][/quote]
    You want to play pc politics here? Pull your head out of your arse and look at Powell. I guess he is "black" but I think most black people don&#39;t think the same way.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo+Jul 11 2004, 11:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gainzo @ Jul 11 2004, 11:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Jet-Zeppelin@Jul 11 2004, 10:40 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Gainzo@Jul 11 2004, 11:35 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Warfish[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 10:07 PM

White
    Married
    Children
    Goes to Church

Thats the facts jack.
    [/b][/quote]

You want to play pc politics here? Pull your head out of your arse and look at Powell. I guess he is "black" but I think most black people don&#39;t think the same way. [/b][/quote]
    PC? Whatever.

You are actually judging a persons race by the relative darkness of their skin? He&#39;s a light skinned black man, so he&#39;s different than a dark skinned black man?

Whatever man. What you are calling PC - I call rational thought.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 09:12 PM
    [b] If Cheney decided to step aside, Bush wouldn&#39;t hesitate a second to ask Colin Powell to share the ticket. [/b][/quote]
    1) Powell made the case in 1991 and 1995 to both political parties that he would NOT seek elective office and subject his family to the media scrutiny that comes part and parcel with such endeavors.

2) Powell is still steaming over the way Bush used him to make the case for the slaughter in Iraq before the UN. He suffered a big loss in integrity internationally for those statements which later turned out to be lies.

The smart monet is saying he will leave public service and find employment privately.

As to Condeleeza Rice she is bucking for the position at Secretary of Defense (War). Bush wants to move her up to Secretary of State. On June 30th responsibility for the mess in Iraq was transferred from Defense to State. She has made it known that she wants nothing to do with State even though it&#39;s a higher post for this reason. With all the mess Rummy has gotten into it looks like he will be given the boot if Bush is relected.

As to Cheney nothing short of someone pulling the plug on his pacemaker will get him out of the Naval Observatory he&#39;s hiding out at.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 09:40 PM
    [b]

I can relate to this comment, simply because I have heard some liberals actually say this. When talking about Bush, some anti-Bush people love to point out how the Republicans are racist and the Dems arent and all that BS. So I tell them whose in Bush&#39;s cabinet and as soon as I mention Colin Powell, I am told well he isnt "really" black, he acts more white.

So even though I think this spin is retarded, anti-Bush people would never give Bush diversity credit for making Powell his VP, simply because he doesnt act incredibly black like Sharpeton or Jackson,

Fkin ridiculous :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

[quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan+Jul 12 2004, 04:03 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TheBrodyMan @ Jul 12 2004, 04:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jet-Zeppelin[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 09:40 PM
    [b]

I can relate to this comment, simply because I have heard some liberals actually say this. When talking about Bush, some anti-Bush people love to point out how the Republicans are racist and the Dems arent and all that BS. So I tell them whose in Bush&#39;s cabinet and as soon as I mention Colin Powell, I am told well he isnt "really" black, he acts more white.

So even though I think this spin is retarded, anti-Bush people would never give Bush diversity credit for making Powell his VP, simply because he doesnt act incredibly black like Sharpeton or Jackson,

Fkin ridiculous :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62; [/b][/quote]
    If you want to make the point that Rice and Powell&#39;s politics are more in line with upper middle class (and north of that)white people&#39;s, that certainly makes more sense. It&#39;s still not worth discussing, but it makes more sense.