Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you now trade Becht?

carrying 4 TE's is absurd.

I hope they try and deal Becht for a OG or draft pick.

Hall Of Fame
    is long snapping really that hard to do???

and if we tarde becht what could we get......unless we call spielman in miami, we might get a 1st for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 06:10 PM
    [b] is long snapping really that hard to do???

[/b][/quote]
    ask Giant fans that question :lol:

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 06:10 PM
    [b]

and if we tarde becht what could we get......unless we call spielman in miami, we might get a 1st for him [/b][/quote]

The Phins only give up high draft picks for 3rd stringers.

Banned
    If we can get anything remotely decent for him, I say we trade him, i.e, anything higher than a 7th rounder.

All League
    I doubt we could get more than a third or 4th rounder for Becht - Ricks was originally a wr-I think that Jets might try to use him on the outside or in two T/E sets. Dearth is vital as a long snapper-that role is keeping him on the roster.

YES! We are lucky to have a LS as good as Dearth, we have been spoiled w/ first John Hudson and then James Dearth. If it was easy to find a good one then we wouldn't have kept John Hudson for so many years as his only position was LS. Dearth's job is one where you don't hear of him when he's doing his job but you'll hear alot of him if he screws up and luckily we don't hear much about him.

Veteran
    Now that we have this guy, trade becht for something worth our while.

Help me out here. What team would be interested in Becht? Not trying to be a jerk here, but can someone please let me know who would offer us anything for Becht? I'm thinking we'll most likely have to release him eventually.

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Miracle In The Meadowlands[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 08:07 PM
    [b] Help me out here. What team would be interested in Becht? Not trying to be a jerk here, but can someone please let me know who would offer us anything for Becht? I'm thinking we'll most likely have to release him eventually. [/b][/quote]
    Same thing I was thinking. Plus the fact that trades pretty much never happen after the draft in the NFL.

[quote][i]Originally posted by BleedinGreenNC[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 07:42 PM
    [b] Now that we have this guy, trade becht for something worth our while. [/b][/quote]
    I think you'd be lucky to get a half eaten bag of chips for him..... :blink:

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote][i]Originally posted by FlyingElvis+Jul 8 2004, 08:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (FlyingElvis @ Jul 8 2004, 08:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--BleedinGreenNC[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 07:42 PM
    [b] Now that we have this guy, trade becht for something worth our while. [/b][/quote]
    I think you&#39;d be lucky to get a half eaten bag of chips for him..... :blink: [/b][/quote]
    What kind of chips? Any dip with that?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by BleedinGreenNC[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 07:42 PM
    How about a new Hot Tub for the locker room?? :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo+Jul 8 2004, 08:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gainzo @ Jul 8 2004, 08:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Miracle In The Meadowlands[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 08:07 PM
    [b] Help me out here. What team would be interested in Becht? Not trying to be a jerk here, but can someone please let me know who would offer us anything for Becht? I&#39;m thinking we&#39;ll most likely have to release him eventually. [/b][/quote]
    Same thing I was thinking. Plus the fact that trades pretty much never happen after the draft in the NFL. [/b][/quote]
    Skins are light at TE, Gibbs likes the 2 TE set, they were in on the pursuit of Ricks, and they don&#39;t mind sacrificing draft picks. Sounds like a match&#33;

gotta agree dearth is valuable... the only bad snap i really remember is vs. the raiders during 2001 (but tupa got it down)... im sure there were others but thats the only one that really sticks out.

Gardner is unhappy in Washington.....we might have to throw in a 4 or a 5...but imagine our offense then? What about Mickens too and we get a pick back.

I know it is a reach.

WR - Moss, JMac, Chrebet, Gardner, Cotchery.

Keep the RB from Nebraska as our KR, #3 RB......

Secondary would still be good with Donnie, Barrett, Strait as our 3 main CB&#39;s. We will need to get another...perhaps Otis for depth? There will be someone available.

Keep Becht, let him play his heart out in this contract year, then re-evaluate the TE spot. If Ricks has a good year then let Becht go and be average somewhere else. We may have to let Becht go anyway, as we have Chad, Abe, and Ellis to worry about.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Becht isnt going anywhere this year.

why don&#39;t we just trade our whole team and start from scratch?
    some of you people, and you must be young kids to think this way, really have no clue about football. I can&#39;t believe I&#39;m saying this but Jetman is right, Becth isn&#39;t going anywhere. stop blowing a guy that had only 27 catches last year and 2 td&#39;s. Becth had 40 catches and I think 4 or 5 td&#39;s and he can block. Trade Mickens, are you kidding?

In addition, Ricks couldn&#39;t block a paper bag, never mind a LB. They&#39;d be nuts to trade Becht.

Much more likely to try to trade Baker. Ricks has similar, if not better, talent for catching the ball. Baker would be the odd man out.