Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Giants Message Board

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    QUOTES FROM THE MESSAGE BOARD - SOUND FAMILIAR???

    << I am gald that they are looking at it, however my wife a season ticket holder to the Eagles. I know..... The Giants need to make sure that the word "PSL" does not come up. They are bad for the fans and I think that we have a good stadium now and they are replacing the seats in the lower level this season and upper next season. New seats look great. We the Giants fans do not need the pretty boxes and all that we are there for one thing and that is football, that is why we do not have cheerleaders. I think that we just add normal seats. Let more fans in and the place will rock. Keep all the pretty stuff for the other stadiums. I vote we stay with out many Luxary boxes and just add seat to help them on the wait list. >>


    << I think that meadow lands is a fine place. I know
    that there are a lot of people that have season tickets that are not from the city. Have you heard all the Jet fans that hate the fact that they are getting a stadium in the city. What about the tailgate? That is the real reason why many poeple attend games. I would hate to lose the tailgate to move to the city. Where could you build a staduim in the city and still have a big tailgate? >>



    They could build it in Yonkers where the the raceway is. Knock down some tenements and that ghetto mall, and voila&#33; Tailgating for everyone&#33;

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    bangor, maine
    Posts
    2,860
    Post Thanks / Like
    :o I registered there last year and havent posted once

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don;t post i was reading abouut the stadium

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    another quote from that site...

    pay enough in property taxes in NJ, put a fresh coat of paint on it every year.
    I&#39;m sick of taxpayers footing the bill for Billionaire&#39;s Toys&#33;

    Devils, you wanna threaten to leave the state if WE(the taxpayers) don&#39;t build you a palace, for your 7200(that&#39;s being generous) fans per night...don&#39;t let the door hit you on your way out of the state........good riddance

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,125
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got banned from the big blew board. They have the most delusional fans in the NFL. Needless to say, I didnt flame but I did post my OPINION about the G-mice, backed it up with facts and then got banned. No big loss. the board sucks and so does the team.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    bangor, maine
    Posts
    2,860
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JohnnyJet[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 12:10 AM
    [b] I got banned from the big blew board. They have the most delusional fans in the NFL. Needless to say, I didnt flame but I did post my OPINION about the G-mice, backed it up with facts and then got banned. No big loss. the board sucks and so does the team. [/b][/quote]
    we (giants fans) have 2 championships, while we (jets fans) only have 1, which is from the Viet Nam days

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by blackout806+Jul 9 2004, 01:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (blackout806 @ Jul 9 2004, 01:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JohnnyJet[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 12:10 AM
    [b] I got banned from the big blew board. They have the most delusional fans in the NFL. Needless to say, I didnt flame but I did post my OPINION about the G-mice, backed it up with facts and then got banned. No big loss. the board sucks and so does the team. [/b][/quote]
    we (giants fans) have 2 championships, while we (jets fans) only have 1, which is from the Viet Nam days [/b][/quote]
    and the GIANTS havent had a CHAMPIONSHIP since the last milenium , this is just there way of getting more pressure put on the JETS this time to get WOODY to ask to split the cost of a new stadium for both teams.. but nothing should even be considered until they bring a train line or mona rail in there from say seacacus

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet+Jul 9 2004, 04:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (joiseyjet @ Jul 9 2004, 04:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -blackout806@Jul 9 2004, 01:32 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--JohnnyJet[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 12:10 AM
    [b] I got banned from the big blew board. They have the most delusional fans in the NFL. Needless to say, I didnt flame but I did post my OPINION about the G-mice, backed it up with facts and then got banned. No big loss. the board sucks and so does the team. [/b][/quote]
    we (giants fans) have 2 championships, while we (jets fans) only have 1, which is from the Viet Nam days [/b][/quote]
    and the GIANTS havent had a CHAMPIONSHIP since the last milenium , this is just there way of getting more pressure put on the JETS this time to get WOODY to ask to split the cost of a new stadium for both teams.. but nothing should even be considered until they bring a train line or mona rail in there from say seacacus [/b][/quote]
    if the west side stadium goes through (which i am not a supporter of)and the Giants talk Woody into splitting the bill and movong in with us then Woody is a fool.. BUT if they build a stadium on Meadowlands property and work out a deal for more revenue percentages for the Jets - even 50/50 split then i think that is something Woody should consider

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    screw the GIANTS and the tailgaters too. That stadium belongs in NYC on the westside&#33;It is hard to believe that some are anti stadium because of tailgating. I suspect that if it were proposed for QUEENS or wherever, many would still oppose moving from NEW JERSEY&#33; But they would not be able to balme the lack of tailgating&#33; :o

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by djaparz[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 09:22 PM
    [b] "I think that we have a good stadium now and they are replacing the seats in the lower level this season and upper next season. New seats look great."


    "What about the tailgate? That is the real reason why many poeple attend games. "

    "pay enough in property taxes in NJ, put a fresh coat of paint on it every year."
    [/b][/quote]
    Are they talking about the same dump that we play in?

    What a bunch of ass-clowns....

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Kentucky Jet[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 08:20 AM
    [b] screw the GIANTS and the tailgaters too. That stadium belongs in NYC on the westside&#33;It is hard to believe that some are anti stadium because of tailgating. I suspect that if it were proposed for QUEENS or wherever, many would still oppose moving from NEW JERSEY&#33; But they would not be able to balme the lack of tailgating&#33; :o [/b][/quote]
    I agree that a new stadium is long over due. If the previous owner had built a stadium this would not be an issue.

    Fans are now used to tailgating. It is as much a tradition as the game itself. Woody is very aware of the fans desire to tailgate. I am sure there will be space in lots across the river available on game day. (Think about it, anyone who owns a lot in Hoboken will love to be charging &#036;20.00 each for parking and tailgating. It will open up a new source of revenue for the property owners)

    Would I enjoy just going to the stadium, watching the game and going home? Probably not.
    I major part of the fun is spending time with friends for a few hours before the game.

    I assure you that tailgating will still happen.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    We could make them tenants in Jets Stadium. LOL

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Trades[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 08:38 AM
    [b] We could make them tenants in Jets Stadium. LOL [/b][/quote]
    what would that slve though - we would still be "sharing"

    and not for nothing if you think about it the Jets, Mets & Islanders are actualy LI teams where as the Knicks, Yankees Giants and Rangers anre the city.. I hate to say it but the G men belong in Manhattan more than we do&#33;&#33;&#33;
    :ph34r:

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,512
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Kentucky Jet[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 08:20 AM
    [b] screw the GIANTS and the tailgaters too. That stadium belongs in NYC on the westside&#33;It is hard to believe that some are anti stadium because of tailgating. I suspect that if it were proposed for QUEENS or wherever, many would still oppose moving from NEW JERSEY&#33; But they would not be able to balme the lack of tailgating&#33; :o [/b][/quote]
    Do you go to the games? KJ? Judging from your name, I highly doubt it... I, for one, am against a West Side Stadium mostly because of the tailgating... Since I was 8 yrs old, Ive stepped foot in the Giants Stadium parking lot 4 hours before every home game. Nothing will ever beat all the great times I&#39;ve had there with all my friends who have become a second family to me. Rain, Sleet, Snow... nothing stops us. Having been with such a tight knit crew for 13 yrs now makes me never want to leave our B4 post...

    Needless to say, I wouldnt mind a new stadium because of all the flash and whatever, but I would forever miss tailgating and I think that is something that the Jets FO is not taking into account.

    B4 Crew ::Learn to Live it, Learn to Love it::

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    as a football team what is the pros of a new state of the art stadium - Big screens (does not help team win) Fancy Luxury boxes (doesn;t help team win), sound system (doesnot help team win) - all these things do is fill the owners pockets more -

    the things the team needs to win is 1. good front office, 2. good training complex (see Hofstra after Parcells got here) #3 good coaches #4 good scouts and #5 good players

    stadiums is all cosmetic - a good team can play in a sand lot an dbe succesful&#33;&#33;&#33;

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,512
    Post Thanks / Like
    I frankly could care less that the place is called Giants Stadium... all I know is thats where I&#39;ll be every other Sunday come early September&#33;

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetChefJR[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 09:17 AM
    [b] I frankly could care less that the place is called Giants Stadium... all I know is thats where I&#39;ll be every other Sunday come early September&#33; [/b][/quote]
    exactly - look at some of the arena/stadium namesout there...

    Qualcomm Park
    Tropicana Field
    Coors Field
    etc

    who cares what the sign says - i just want to see the Standings and have us at the top &#33;&#33;

  18. #18
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Kentucky Jet[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 08:20 AM
    [b] I suspect that if it were proposed for QUEENS or wherever, many would still oppose moving from NEW JERSEY&#33; [/b][/quote]
    i know i would not oppose queens - and it has little to do with tailgating. many of us who are opposed are opposed b/c there are other things that can be done w/ the hudson yards that will benefit the city of new york much more than a football stadium (namely javits expansion + commercial/residential development).

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    9,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetChefJR[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 09:17 AM
    [b] I frankly could care less that the place is called Giants Stadium... all I know is thats where I&#39;ll be every other Sunday come early September&#33; [/b][/quote]
    me too...

    they should strike a deal with the meadowlands and take down the GIANTS logo and that would be that.

    LOTS of great times tailgating. if you dont like tailgating, kentuky, then you can go to church for a few hours while i drink beers and watch jetman vomit and piss himself (j/k)

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    9,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    flushing meadows (....mmmmmmmmmm flushing meadowssssssss....) as well as roosevelt raceway would RULE

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us