Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giants Message Board

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67+Jul 9 2004, 08:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetman67 @ Jul 9 2004, 08:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Kentucky Jet[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 08:20 AM
    [b] screw the GIANTS and the tailgaters too. That stadium belongs in NYC on the westside&#33;It is hard to believe that some are anti stadium because of tailgating. I suspect that if it were proposed for QUEENS or wherever, many would still oppose moving from NEW JERSEY&#33; But they would not be able to balme the lack of tailgating&#33; :o [/b][/quote]
    I agree that a new stadium is long over due. If the previous owner had built a stadium this would not be an issue.

Fans are now used to tailgating. It is as much a tradition as the game itself. Woody is very aware of the fans desire to tailgate. I am sure there will be space in lots across the river available on game day. (Think about it, anyone who owns a lot in Hoboken will love to be charging &#036;20.00 each for parking and tailgating. It will open up a new source of revenue for the property owners)

Would I enjoy just going to the stadium, watching the game and going home? Probably not.
    I major part of the fun is spending time with friends for a few hours before the game.

I assure you that tailgating will still happen. [/b][/quote]
    Well said Jetman............now, get on the horn and find me and you a lot to buy in Hoboken......... :lol: :lol:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetChefJR+Jul 9 2004, 09:09 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetChefJR @ Jul 9 2004, 09:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Kentucky Jet[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 08:20 AM
    [b] screw the GIANTS and the tailgaters too. That stadium belongs in NYC on the westside&#33;It is hard to believe that some are anti stadium because of tailgating. I suspect that if it were proposed for QUEENS or wherever, many would still oppose moving from NEW JERSEY&#33; But they would not be able to balme the lack of tailgating&#33; :o [/b][/quote]
    Do you go to the games? KJ? Judging from your name, I highly doubt it... I, for one, am against a West Side Stadium mostly because of the tailgating... Since I was 8 yrs old, Ive stepped foot in the Giants Stadium parking lot 4 hours before every home game. Nothing will ever beat all the great times I&#39;ve had there with all my friends who have become a second family to me. Rain, Sleet, Snow... nothing stops us. Having been with such a tight knit crew for 13 yrs now makes me never want to leave our B4 post...

Needless to say, I wouldnt mind a new stadium because of all the flash and whatever, but I would forever miss tailgating and I think that is something that the Jets FO is not taking into account.

B4 Crew ::Learn to Live it, Learn to Love it:: [/b][/quote]
    :( I&#39;m with you......I don&#39;t want to give up my friends in 16-G.......I met Lawyers Guns and Money in that parking lot and I am so happy I did......

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 08:30 AM
    [b]Fans are now used to tailgating. It is as much a tradition as the game itself. Woody is very aware of the fans desire to tailgate. I am sure there will be space in lots across the river available on game day. (Think about it, anyone who owns a lot in Hoboken will love to be charging &#036;20.00 each for parking and tailgating. It will open up a new source of revenue for the property owners)

Would I enjoy just going to the stadium, watching the game and going home? Probably not.
    I major part of the fun is spending time with friends for a few hours before the game.

I assure you that tailgating will still happen.[/b][/quote]
    it ain&#39;t that easy - you can&#39;t just park in a lot and start serving alcohol. it&#39;s not even legal at the meadowlands, but they turn a blind eye b/c of tradition - try that in the lot before a concert, it&#39;s not as easy. and the stadium has a license - states are not that fond of granting liquor licenses to parking lots... especially, i imagine, for people to amp up and then go spend they&#39;re money across the river. you&#39;ll be drinking your beer parked on a side street in weehawken, high school-style :o

there&#39;s always sail-gating, right? that should be a ball in nov-dec. maybe i can make a buck investing - anyone know which medications people need to treat frostbite? or should i just put my money in prosthetics?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by isired[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 09:32 AM
    [b] I assure you that tailgating will still happen.[/QUOTE]
    it ain&#39;t that easy - you can&#39;t just park in a lot and start serving alcohol. it&#39;s not even legal at the meadowlands, but they turn a blind eye b/c of tradition - try that in the lot before a concert, it&#39;s not as easy. and the stadium has a license - states are not that fond of granting liquor licenses to parking lots... especially, i imagine, for people to amp up and then go spend they&#39;re money across the river. you&#39;ll be drinking your beer parked on a side street in weehawken, high school-style :o

there&#39;s always sail-gating, right? that should be a ball in nov-dec. maybe i can make a buck investing - anyone know which medications people need to treat frostbite? or should i just put my money in prosthetics? [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s tradition to drink while tailgating :( ..........Is there any football stadium that does not permit it?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 09:38 AM
    [b] It&#39;s tradition to drink while tailgating :( ..........Is there any football stadium that does not permit it? [/b][/quote]
    i think most/all stadiums permit it for football, but unaffiliated parking lots are a different story

hey DICKKOTITE, flushing meadows would be a great idea, but when was the last time you drove by the old roosevelt raceway?? they have built a mall on top of the old property, the idea to place a stadium there was brought up in 1989 when the jets original lease with the meadowlands ran out. leon hess never pursued the idea with any tenacity, and so more shopping was added instead.
    the only long island idea for a stadium that would work is the excess land around belmont park.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by isired[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 09:22 AM
    [b] ther are other things that can be done w/ the hudson yards that will benefit the city of new york much more than a football stadium (namely javits expansion + commercial/residential development). [/b][/quote]
    Seriously, have you ever even been over to the hudson rail yards? Do you really think that anyone in their right mind would use that for commercial/residential expansion??? No one would ever want to either a) live or B) shop in that dump of an area.

The Javits clearly hasn&#39;t improved that waste of an area, while I think that a stadium or convention expansion would entice businesses to invest in the area. Without the stadium, you&#39;d have to be an idiot to invest a dime in that area.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Big Al NYC+Jul 9 2004, 11:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Big Al NYC @ Jul 9 2004, 11:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--isired[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 09:22 AM
    [b] ther are other things that can be done w/ the hudson yards that will benefit the city of new york much more than a football stadium (namely javits expansion + commercial/residential development). [/b][/quote]
    Seriously, have you ever even been over to the hudson rail yards? Do you really think that anyone in their right mind would use that for commercial/residential expansion??? No one would ever want to either a) live or B) shop in that dump of an area.

The Javits clearly hasn&#39;t improved that waste of an area, while I think that a stadium or convention expansion would entice businesses to invest in the area. Without the stadium, you&#39;d have to be an idiot to invest a dime in that area. [/b][/quote]
    i&#39;ve been there, it&#39;s not much to see now. but that&#39;s the kind of thing large-scale urban developers salivate over.

we&#39;re talking about building an entire neighborhood, not just some apartment buildings. battery park had the same issues, before they built WTC/WFC, etc., etc., and all of a sudden it didn&#39;t seem like such a crazy idea, did it?

BTW, do you know why "the dakota" is called that? b/c when they built it, someone said "you might as well build that in north dakota, no one will want to live all the way up there".