Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop bashing Becht!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The guy is not the greatest....but as long as he does what we need him to do (block) he and Ricks will form a nice 1-2

Although I like Baker......unless Goodwin or one of the new guys can snap....he may be gone!!

Yea but someone has got to go.....

did you get my PM sucka?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Dearth is the snapper, and he's yet another TE. Despite what TB says, [i]somebody[/i] will go.

Now if you wanna bash ARod, go right ahead.

Kangaroo F*cker
    Becht has stone hands. The guy couldn't catch a cold.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 10:27 PM
    [b] Becht has stone hands. The guy couldn't catch a cold. [/b][/quote]
    I think last year he got over that a little....but for god sakes this man cannot break a tackle.

Ive seen him drop like he took a bullet whenever any 5'9 DB hits him.....i mean JetGirl could break more tackles than this clown.

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy+Jul 8 2004, 10:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Smizzy @ Jul 8 2004, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gainzo[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 10:27 PM
    [b] Becht has stone hands. The guy couldn&#39;t catch a cold. [/b][/quote]
    I think last year he got over that a little....but for god sakes this man cannot break a tackle.

Ive seen him drop like he took a bullet whenever any 5&#39;9 DB hits him.....i mean JetGirl could break more tackles than this clown. [/b][/quote]
    Funny stuff Smizz&#33;

Becht did make a big TD catch againt the Giants last year when Chad threaded the needle between two DB&#39;s, but then again he was falling, and Chad hit him where he couldn&#39;t possibly drop it&#33;

Apart from that &#39;shining moment" I have no memories of Becht last year.

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

The Jets haven&#39;t had a decent tight end since Johnny Mitchell.

I love the signing of Ricks. Let&#39;s hope it lights a fire under Becht and Baker&#39;s butts. If Ricks beats one or both of them out, so be it. In Becht&#39;s case it will just be one less free agent we have to worry about resigning next year anyway.

Seriously, TE has continuously been one of, if not THE weakest link on our offense for years. It&#39; time for somebody to put up or shut up. :) May the best man win. :D

[quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy+Jul 8 2004, 10:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Smizzy @ Jul 8 2004, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Gainzo[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 10:27 PM
    [b] Becht has stone hands. The guy couldn&#39;t catch a cold. [/b][/quote]

Ive seen him drop like he took a bullet whenever any 5&#39;9 DB hits him.....i mean JetGirl could break more tackles than this clown.[/b][/quote]
    Exactly&#33; For a big guy, he goes down too fast for my money. Any of you guys remember Mickey Shuler? Now there was a guy who could break tackles. Then again, we haven&#39;t had a real quality TE since Shuler either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You know, Becht really wasn&#39;t terrible. For all the passes that bounced off his mitts, he made some clutch grabs. Don&#39;t know where he ranked in the league, but I&#39;d say he was better than average.

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 10:43 PM
    [b] You know, Becht really wasn&#39;t terrible. For all the passes that bounced off his mitts, he made some clutch grabs. Don&#39;t know where he ranked in the league, but I&#39;d say he was better than average. [/b][/quote]
    LOL, why are you talking about him in the "past tense" Jumba. :)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Well you never know, SOMETHING&#39;S gotta give, but I was referring to last year. Don&#39;t have a clue who, but somebody&#39;s getting cut.

Hall Of Fame
    If Becht doesn&#39;t get cut, they&#39;ll probably use him more for blocking purposes, especially if Ricks turns out to be a real player.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 10:12 PM
    [b] The guy is not the greatest....but as long as he does what we need him to do (block) he and Ricks will form a nice 1-2

Although I like Baker......unless Goodwin or one of the new guys can snap....he may be gone&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    BECHT SUCKS :D

Becht is an average TE, like most other starting TE&#39;s in the league. Seriously there are very few TE&#39;s who are in any way special, Becht is pretty good at what he does, I don&#39;t think there&#39;s much difference.
    And its not really a concern that we now have 4 TE&#39;s and that&#39;s too many cuz Dearth is really just a special teams guy, the fact that he takes maby 10 snaps a season at TE doesn&#39;t really make him a TE.

All Pro
    I know Becht is a good blocker, and has made "clutch grabs" at random times.

But hes slow, he can&#39;t really catch that well, and gets no extra yards. Plus, hes gonna want some &#036;&#036;&#036; at the end of the year.

Baker&#39;s only problem is that people say he "can&#39;t block". My question to those people is, "How did he get to the pro level if he can&#39;t at least do an average job?" Is the better WCO offensive player a better "catcher" who is faster, or just a big lumbering body who cant really catch?

I love Ricks. In a perfect world, he would be the number one, and Baker would be number two. That would be a fabulous one two punch at the goal line.

But hey, Camp is approaching. Let the best man win.

Veteran
    Becht is a decent TE. he gets better every year. like hes the biggest problem we have. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by sandz[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 01:46 AM
    [b] Becht is a decent TE. he gets better every year. like hes the biggest problem we have. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Maybe some serious competetion lights a fire under BECHT , if a long snapper is the only thing keeping DEARTH here there has to be another one somewhere out there that plays another position we can use some depth at , then we`d have BECHT ,RICKS & BAKER

Becht was drafted by Parcells, looking for TE similar to Howard Cross. My point is that the offensive schemes under Parcells required a TE to be an inline blocker first.

Becht has been a good inline receiver, and a very good passblocker. Watch Becht take on a DE and let the O-line slide in protection, this saved Fabini&#39;s butt .

Becht has given the Jets smurf receiving corp . some height. His hands are average, his yards after the catch are poor. To his credit,last year, he began to make an effort (risking some scary fumbles) to lunge forward for an extra two yards. That got a couple of first downs.

The question is , how important is Becht to the running game. The Jets are not a pass happy team, they maybe closer to a Carolina type team that needs to establish the run big time. Certainly going into the season with only Pennington at quarterback signals that you have to be a run oriented team.

Net, Becht out of 32 starting tight ends ranks between 12 and 16th , not bad. Becht is not a WCO tight end, but his skills will enable him to play in this league for another 5 to eight years. Again Becht was drafted by Parcells for a different offensive scheme, and Anthony will leave the Jets after this year, and start the second half of his career enjoying moderate success with another team that is a better match for his skills. ( Similar to Kyle Brady in Jacksonville ).

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetOrange[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 06:34 AM
    [b] Becht was drafted by Parcells, looking for TE similar to Howard Cross. My point is that the offensive schemes under Parcells required a TE to be an inline blocker first.

Becht has been a good inline receiver, and a very good passblocker. Watch Becht take on a DE and let the O-line slide in protection, this saved Fabini&#39;s butt .

Becht has given the Jets smurf receiving corp . some height. His hands are average, his yards after the catch are poor. To his credit,last year, he began to make an effort (risking some scary fumbles) to lunge forward for an extra two yards. That got a couple of first downs.

The question is , how important is Becht to the running game. The Jets are not a pass happy team, they maybe closer to a Carolina type team that needs to establish the run big time. Certainly going into the season with only Pennington at quarterback signals that you have to be a run oriented team.

Net, Becht out of 32 starting tight ends ranks between 12 and 16th , not bad. Becht is not a WCO tight end, but his skills will enable him to play in this league for another 5 to eight years. Again Becht was drafted by Parcells for a different offensive scheme, and Anthony will leave the Jets after this year, and start the second half of his career enjoying moderate success with another team that is a better match for his skills. ( Similar to Kyle Brady in Jacksonville ). [/b][/quote]
    Great post&#33;

Keep Becht around this year and let him block as the O-line will need some help. Hopefully Ricks works out as a pure TE and we can let Becht go next year and sign some upgrades to the O-line. Then we will be all set&#33;

I have been very critical of Becht for the easy drops as well as the less than average yards after catch (tackled by grass blades). I like the signing of Ricks to maybe light a fire under Becht&#39;s ass or to even replace him when he wants a big contract next year.