Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop bashing Becht!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I think Becht and Baker are safe, if I was Dearth, and being a long snapper was all that was keeping me on the team, I would be nervous.

I used to go to a small gym in Long Beach where Becht used to work out during the offseason. The guy never squated more than 250 during the 5 or 6 times I saw him there. He didn't press more than say 225.

The guy goes down like a tree after contact probably becuase he's got a weak lower body.

BTW, used to bring his girlfriend / wife. Pretty little Italian / Latina? I almost hit on her the first time I saw him at the gym didn't realize she was with him.
    Hahaha!

[quote][i]Originally posted by Lady Jet[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 10:40 PM
    [b] The Jets haven't had a decent tight end since Johnny Mitchell.

I love the signing of Ricks. Let's hope it lights a fire under Becht and Baker's butts. If Ricks beats one or both of them out, so be it. In Becht's case it will just be one less free agent we have to worry about resigning next year anyway.

Seriously, TE has continuously been one of, if not THE weakest link on our offense for years. It' time for somebody to put up or shut up. :) May the best man win. :D [/b][/quote]
    remember the speculation when the jets shoked us and took kyle brady?

typical rationalizing jet faN "...ooooooh wait a minute, brady AND mitchell.......double tight end sets OOOHHHHH this could be something special...." cmon you said it, so did i ... reminds me of this ricks deal

[quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Jul 9 2004, 10:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Jul 9 2004, 10:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Lady Jet[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 10:40 PM
    [b] The Jets haven&#39;t had a decent tight end since Johnny Mitchell.

I love the signing of Ricks. Let&#39;s hope it lights a fire under Becht and Baker&#39;s butts. If Ricks beats one or both of them out, so be it. In Becht&#39;s case it will just be one less free agent we have to worry about resigning next year anyway.

Seriously, TE has continuously been one of, if not THE weakest link on our offense for years. It&#39; time for somebody to put up or shut up. :) May the best man win. :D [/b][/quote]
    remember the speculation when the jets shoked us and took kyle brady?

typical rationalizing jet faN "...ooooooh wait a minute, brady AND mitchell.......double tight end sets OOOHHHHH this could be something special...." cmon you said it, so did i ... reminds me of this ricks deal [/b][/quote]
    Um, I&#39;d say that the first round pick part is an important difference.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo+Jul 8 2004, 10:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gainzo @ Jul 8 2004, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Smizzy@Jul 8 2004, 10:31 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Gainzo[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 10:27 PM
    [b] Becht has stone hands. The guy couldn&#39;t catch a cold. [/b][/quote]
    I think last year he got over that a little....but for god sakes this man cannot break a tackle.

Ive seen him drop like he took a bullet whenever any 5&#39;9 DB hits him.....i mean JetGirl could break more tackles than this clown. [/b][/quote]
    Funny stuff Smizz&#33;

Becht did make a big TD catch againt the Giants last year when Chad threaded the needle between two DB&#39;s, but then again he was falling, and Chad hit him where he couldn&#39;t possibly drop it&#33;

Apart from that &#39;shining moment" I have no memories of Becht last year. [/b][/quote]
    It almost looks as if he is already going down before a defender hits him... I HATE that... how bout a spin or a deke? NOTHING&#33; EVER&#33;...

In Madden, they should take away those abilities from him and just let him go down after first contact. Now thatd be realism&#33; :blink:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Nice to see some of you actually saying something nice about #88. As I have stated all along, Anthony Becht is a good player and deserves to start again this season. You forget he really played hard at the end of last season even though we had no shot at a playoff game. ;)

And, as per Terry Bradway who was on live with Wally & The Keeg last night on ESPN radio, they are going with 3 TE&#39;s, Anthony Becht (yeah&#33;) being on of them.

See you in training camp Anthony, you have a B&#39;Day coming up and I&#39;ll bring the cannolli&#39;s&#33; :lol:

Limo "HEY TONY&#33;&#33; Over here I brought you the canollis...."

BEcht "....ummm do I know you?" ;)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 10:31 PM
    [b] i mean JetGirl could break more tackles than this clown. [/b][/quote]
    :o Hey&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; How and why did I come up in this conversation.......... :P

Anthony&#39;s a good guy..........but I just think it was ironic that he was at the Women&#39;s 101 Football clinic teaching US how to catch a ball... :lol:

In any event...........yes I did make some good tackles in our game at the women&#39;s football clinic, I did protect my QB........so don&#39;t mess with me Smizzy........ :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

[img]http://www.discodelic.netfirms.com/love-chocolatekiss.gif[/img]

Who loves ya Smiz........ ;)

Limolady you know I love you but..."Anthony Becht is a good player and deserves to start again this season. You forget he really played hard at the end of last season even though we had no shot at a playoff game" To think that they are getting paid to play they should play hard...and lets see I remember 2 offensive interference penalties on #88 that cost the Jets a game at the end of the season hmmmm Pass the Koolaid this way ha ha

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 10:40 AM
    [b] Limo "HEY TONY&#33;&#33; Over here I brought you the canollis...."

BEcht "....ummm do I know you?" ;) [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one Dickie. My favorite line from the Godfather is "Leave the gun, take the cannolli&#39;s"................. :P

Anyone who knows me on this board knows that I will always :wub: #88 and has always been one of my favorite players since he put on a Jet jersey. I defended him when you guys started thread after thread after thread :rolleyes: about how bad he sucks, get rid of him, blah, blah, blah.........like this one poor player was responsible for that stellar 6 and 10 season we all suffered through last year.

And that&#39;s right Tony, your gettin your cannolli&#39;s on your B&#39;Day from the best bakery in Brooklyn, Villa Abate&#39;s on 18th Avenue&#33; B)

All Pro
    Can you honestly say that when the ball is thrown to Becht, you don&#39;t hold your breath b/c he is not consistent w/making catches????

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by chrebet73[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 10:25 AM
    [b] Can you honestly say that when the ball is thrown to Becht, you don&#39;t hold your breath b/c he is not consistent w/making catches???? [/b][/quote]
    73......I hold my breath on alot of things that happen on the field at the Meadowlands....... :lol:

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl+Jul 9 2004, 10:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetgirl @ Jul 9 2004, 10:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--chrebet73[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 10:25 AM
    [b] Can you honestly say that when the ball is thrown to Becht, you don&#39;t hold your breath b/c he is not consistent w/making catches???? [/b][/quote]
    73......I hold my breath on alot of things that happen on the field at the Meadowlands....... :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Yeah I know what you mean...... :(

Ok, maybe I should have said, can you honestly say that when Becht gets the ball thrown to him that you don&#39;t then bounce back down into your chair (all pissed off) w/your hands on top of your head&#33;?&#33; I know I do......

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by chrebet73+Jul 9 2004, 10:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chrebet73 @ Jul 9 2004, 10:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -jetgirl@Jul 9 2004, 10:28 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--chrebet73[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 10:25 AM
    73......I hold my breath on alot of things that happen on the field at the Meadowlands....... :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Yeah I know what you mean...... :(

Ok, maybe I should have said, can you honestly say that when Becht gets the ball thrown to him that you don&#39;t then bounce back down into your chair (all pissed off) w/your hands on top of your head&#33;?&#33; I know I do...... [/b][/quote]
    Bounce back down in my chair&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; If I dare to stand up ComebacktoNY yells at people that stand up&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: He sits behind me........ :P

Yeah I do.........but in Becht&#39;s defense, he does make some good catches too.......

[quote][i]Originally posted by Limolady+Jul 9 2004, 10:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Limolady @ Jul 9 2004, 10:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dickkotite[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 10:40 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one Dickie. My favorite line from the Godfather is "Leave the gun, take the cannolli&#39;s"................. :P

Anyone who knows me on this board knows that I will always :wub: #88 and has always been one of my favorite players since he put on a Jet jersey. I defended him when you guys started thread after thread after thread :rolleyes: about how bad he sucks, get rid of him, blah, blah, blah.........like this one poor player was responsible for that stellar 6 and 10 season we all suffered through last year.

And that&#39;s right Tony, your gettin your cannolli&#39;s on your B&#39;Day from the best bakery in Brooklyn, Villa Abate&#39;s on 18th Avenue&#33; B) [/b][/quote]
    LIMO "YOO HOO TONY&#33; Over here&#33; i brought them canollis..."

Becht >..."ummm why do they smell like marcos locker?"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Jul 9 2004, 03:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Jul 9 2004, 03:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Limolady@Jul 9 2004, 10:15 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--dickkotite[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 10:40 AM

And that&#39;s right Tony, your gettin your cannolli&#39;s on your B&#39;Day from the best bakery in Brooklyn, Villa Abate&#39;s on 18th Avenue&#33; B) [/b][/quote]
    LIMO "YOO HOO TONY&#33; Over here&#33; i brought them canollis..."

Becht >..."ummm why do they smell like marcos locker?" [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

LOL @ Yoo Hoo

[b] I COULD BE WRONG, BUT WASN"T HE A FIRST ROUNDER?[/b]

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

You "men" crack me up, do you know how gay you sound? Yoo-hoo???? Who in their right mind talks like that? I mean, maybe down there in sticks where you are people talk like that, but up here in NY we don&#39;t do "ya-hoo&#39;s, yoo-hoo&#39;s, tut-a-loo&#39;s or anything else with a ya or a hoo" in it. :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 08:34 AM
    [b] I used to go to a small gym in Long Beach where Becht used to work out during the offseason. The guy never squated more than 250 during the 5 or 6 times I saw him there. He didn&#39;t press more than say 225.

The guy goes down like a tree after contact probably becuase he&#39;s got a weak lower body.

BTW, used to bring his girlfriend / wife. Pretty little Italian / Latina? I almost hit on her the first time I saw him at the gym didn&#39;t realize she was with him.
    Hahaha&#33; [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s pretty funny that he looks strong as hell in the locker room, but then he gets hit and looks like a big soft pastry. When he catches the ball, he begins to fall towards the ground in anticipation of a hit. No one even needs to be on top of him.

I can&#39;t even recall him running with the ball - not even once. But I drink a lot on gameday, so who knows. ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl+Jul 9 2004, 09:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetgirl @ Jul 9 2004, 09:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 10:31 PM
    [b] i mean JetGirl could break more tackles than this clown. [/b][/quote]
    :o Hey&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; How and why did I come up in this conversation.......... :P

Anthony&#39;s a good guy..........but I just think it was ironic that he was at the Women&#39;s 101 Football clinic teaching US how to catch a ball... :lol:

In any event...........yes I did make some good tackles in our game at the women&#39;s football clinic, I did protect my QB........so don&#39;t mess with me Smizzy........ :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62;

[img]http://www.discodelic.netfirms.com/love-chocolatekiss.gif[/img]

Who loves ya Smiz........ ;) [/b][/quote]
    You are an offensive lineman....guard or tackle....you&#39;d be better than Fabini....that bastard

whoa&#33;

I Think Ricks will unseat Becht as starter..that guy is good as a psuedo tackle...

LL