Thread: Signing Draft Picks?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When do you think the Jets will have their first through third picks signed?
    Is there a time table for this?
    Is it still way too early?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think any #1 picks from any team was signed yet, although someone will soon, possibly even by this weekend.

The flurry of signings will take place the week before camps open, and continue right up to the 1st day. There will always be some holdouts. Hopefully, Bradway can get everyone signed and in camp on time, as he has done in year's past.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Texans are the only team that has signed their first round pick and he was their second choice in first round-not Dunta Robinson. Once one of the top guy signs-it will set the market and others will follow.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once the picks start signing near the top of the draft, the other 1st rounders will follow quickly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks dudes

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just recently read an article about that, here's the excerpt referring to draft signings and the full link:

[url=http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/columnist/balzer/2004-07-08-bucs-cheap_x.htm]http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/co...ucs-cheap_x.htm[/url]

[color=purple]SIGNING THOSE ROOKIES: In about two weeks or so, the mad rush will begin as teams get serious about signing their draft choices. But there's nothing unusual with the slow pace of signings that currently exists. It happens every year.

As of Monday, only 32 of the 255 drafted players had signed, and 19 of the 32 were selected in the sixth and seventh rounds. Texans linebacker Jason Babin is the only first-round pick to have signed, followed by two second-round picks, two third-round choices, five from the fourth round, three from the fifth, eight from the sixth and 11 from round seven.

Exactly half of the league's 32 teams have signed at least one pick, with the Texans leading the way with four players signed. Buffalo, Chicago, the New York Jets and Pittsburgh have signed three; Carolina, New England, Kansas City, St. Louis and Seattle have signed two; while Denver, Jacksonville, Minnesota, the New York Giants, San Diego and Washington have signed one.

The players signed by the Bears and Patriots were selected before the fifth round, with both teams signing their No. 2 choices: defensive tackle Terry Johnson by Chicago and defensive end Marquise Hill by New England.

Yes, there's a lot of work to be done by the time training camps open. It always gets done, although some holdouts are inevitable.[/color]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsflagboyz[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 09:43 AM
    [b] When do you think the Jets will have their first through third picks signed?
    Is it still way too early? [/b][/quote]
    Flag the rule of thumb set by Giants former GM George Young was to get your draft picks signed by Bastille Day. (July 14th) Camps open late this year so I would give it until next week at this time when things start popping. Then the offseason doldrums will be over.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by WestCoastMole+Jul 10 2004, 01:11 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (WestCoastMole @ Jul 10 2004, 01:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetsflagboyz[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 09:43 AM
    [b] When do you think the Jets will have their first through third picks signed?
    Is it still way too early? [/b][/quote]
    Flag the rule of thumb set by Giants former GM George Young was to get your draft picks signed by Bastille Day. (July 14th) Camps open late this year so I would give it until next week at this time when things start popping. Then the offseason doldrums will be over. [/b][/quote]
    Was George Young french?

just kidding......

ps. to the other poster,,,thanks for the article. exactly what I was looking for.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r: It&#39;s pretty much like this every year for every team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    im gettin this from profootballtalk.com (who i know you guys look down on...) but they said that the contract signed by the texans pick was a shorter contract than usual and higher than the normal bump up for a draft pick from last year... they said it could throw off negotiations because if team sign picks to shorter contracts they have to pay more money this year because of the signing bonus and that the rookie pool didnt go up that much if at all. At least thats what i think i read lol