Thread: Abe Hirschfeld releases alternate stadium plan

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PR Newswire[/i]@ July 8, 2004
    [b][b][SIZE=3]For Immediate Release[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]US Senate Candidate Abe Hirschfeld: Regardless of the 2012 NYC Olympics, Improve the Javits Center Anyway -- Without Cost to New Yorkers![/SIZE][/b]

[i]Friday July 9, 5:05 am ET[/i]

NEW YORK, July 9 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether the Big Apple wins its bid for the 2012 Olympic Games, building tycoon Abe Hirschfeld wants to expand the Javits Center into an Olympic quality stadium without utilizing tax dollars.

Experienced in creating complex sports facilities, Hirschfeld, 85, envisions the renovation of the Javits Center to hold even more than the one presently designed by the City Council. The mammoth construction presently under consideration is scheduled to begin in 2005 and cost an estimated $1.4 billion.

"I have colossal new plans for the Javits center to make it into The Coliseum and do it tax free," Hirschfeld says. Why would he do it? When asked if he was crazy, Hirschfeld responded: "I am. Any person that achieves things and accomplishes things is a little crazy."

Hirschfeld's plan will take up less space given his original new design and also create more functionality for the center given its flexibility of internal space. None of the work that Hirschfeld proposes would have any public funding, as Hirschfeld wants the power to completely design, construct, and finance everything himself.

Aside from including all of the necessary meeting, residential, parking, and sporting centers, Hirschfeld wants to add a football field on the roof to house the New York Jets as well.

To illustrate the determination behind Hirschfeld's vision, even if New York fails to win the selection among the other candidate cities, Hirschfeld still proposes to improve the Javits center in the hopes of providing the city with a larger comprehensive area to enjoy sporting activities.

Hirschfeld believes the Olympics should not be the sole reason to improve the existing Javits Center as it is already in need of a desperate renovation. This is good news to all New Yorkers who can look forward to a renewed Landmark Convention Center without having to pay a cent.

For those who may doubt the capability of this parking garage king, Hirschfeld welcomes all to visit his Vertical Sports Coliseum in Manhattan, and observe first hand the sophistication he is capable of generating. He has constructed 76 other buildings around New York City, including: Zeckendorf Towers, the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Trump Park, Walman Skating Ring, Pennsylvania Hotel, and Drug Enforcement Building.

Source: Abe Hirschfeld[/b][/quote]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Visit his "Vertical Sports Coliseum in Manhattan"??? Where? How? Is there a Virtual demonstration of this thing on the web? Sounds like an interesting idea I would like to see what they are talking about.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    good idea to save space...on top of everything else...i wouldn't mind seeing a graphic of what he wants to see...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't this the guy who was indicted for attempted murder a couple years ago (and was somehow involved in the whole Paula Jones / Clinton thing? )

Or am I crazy???
    [SIZE=1](I know, they're not mutually exclusive.)[/SIZE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup that's the guy [url=http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/7860p-7288c.html]http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/786...860p-7288c.html[/url]

[url=http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a368493120707.htm]http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a368493120707.htm[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    excuse me mr hirshfeld, the mics werent on,,,,, can you please repeat that entire thing?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 04:56 PM
    [b] excuse me mr hirshfeld, the mics werent on,,,,, can you please repeat that entire thing? [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

admittedly, he's a loon, but sometimes it takes just thgat kind of a loon to pull something like this off. he's a loon with $$ and influence, kind of bulletproof too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, he is a loon and NO-ONE in the real estate business takes him seriously. The Vertical Club is a far cry from building a 60,000 seat football stadium. This guy is a quack.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Build a Spruce Goose II!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Baddniss[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 10:13 PM
    [b] First of all, he is a loon and NO-ONE in the real estate business takes him seriously. The Vertical Club is a far cry from building a 60,000 seat football stadium. This guy is a quack. [/b][/quote]
    if they build a 60,000 seat football stadium there are going to be 20-30,000 seriously irate jets fans with means, motive and opportunity.