Thread: Is the NFL channel televising Pre-season games?

Anyone know?

Hall Of Fame
    from what i keep hearing , they are showing lots of preseason games....
    i think thats awesome!!

I heard they were going to show all of the preseasons - but that obviously due to scheduling, some would be on a tape delay.

All Pro
    will Cable ever pick up the NFL Channel???

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by djaparz[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 10:53 AM
    [b] will Cable ever pick up the NFL Channel??? [/b][/quote]
    I THINK i heard that comcast was trying to get the NFL channell. but i could be wrong

"A total of 54 NFL preseason games will be shown on NFL Network. Three will be produced in-house and air live, an additional five games will air live using local broadcast feeds, and the remaining 46 games will be shown on a delayed basis in the hours or days following the conclusion of the game."

from the NFL network website

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: thats true IndyJet...I have the NFL Network channel and it's friggin fantastic...you see a little of everything....I mean 54 pre season games...I'm going to watch the Jets pre season games at my favorite sports bar and them I'm gonna scout the other teams when I'm at home.

training camp is only weeks away.........AHHHHHH life is good again!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 12:41 PM
    [b] :ph34r: thats true IndyJet...I have the NFL Network channel and it's friggin fantastic...you see a little of everything....I mean 54 pre season games...I'm going to watch the Jets pre season games at my favorite sports bar and them I'm gonna scout the other teams when I'm at home.

training camp is only weeks away.........AHHHHHH life is good again! [/b][/quote]
    It's like a drug and I need my fix soon!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 12:41 PM
    [b] :
    training camp is only weeks away.........AHHHHHH life is good again! [/b][/quote]
    Add buzzsaw`s qoute also: I can`t get enough football, soon enough to feed my habit... :D :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Edgy[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 10:46 AM
    [b] I heard they were going to show all of the preseasons - but that obviously due to scheduling, some would be on a tape delay. [/b][/quote]
    The NFL Channel and ESPN are both televising pre-season games as well some local networks but the majority will be on the NFL network and ESPN.

Jets Insider VIP
    god, I hope so...I'm missing so much good stuff

during the draft and a week or two after they had a link where you could watch the channel from your pc, really cool.....then they took it down

directv signed an exclusive contract last year with nfl ticket for 5 or 6 years I believe.

Hall Of Fame
    the nfl network will televise all pre season games they will do some live and the rest at a later time during the week. the nfl network is waiting for a better offer from cablevision and other cable companies that dont carry it . they are looking at somewhere in the range of 25 cents per household. but sooner or later the cable companies will be forced to accept this because in the upcoming years the nfl network will be brodcasting nfl season games and possibly an own day game like a mnf but could take over for sunday night games insted of espn. all this information i got from my uncle whos an editor for nfl films and i hope to intern there in a few years