Thread: Ricks at WR?

Ricks is listed at 6'5", 260. look for him to drop 10 pounds and line up in the slot and be used in motion a lot over the middle. he'll be able to play with becht....and maybe with both becht and baker in goal line situations. he's obviously not fast enough to be a traditional WR, but they won't use him as a traditional TE either. They'll basically invent a position for him in certain sets, and it's definitely going to help a lot. He's got good enough hands to make short yardage catches in traffic and big enough to make a difference sealing off the perimiter on sweeps by martin.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We need that down the middle threat that becht doesnt give us.....I love this pick up..Who knows, he could be the pass catching tightend we so desperately need....Baker has some promise but is still an unknown and Ricks could really help us....Love this pick up big time...

I could see Ricks splitting out wide in certain W/R sets, with another T/E staying inside, but I think that'll be rare. This is the big target over the middle that we need. It helps the team.

ricks was a pro bowl 1st alternate, so the guy can pretty much do it all. hopefully he does well for us

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 12:08 PM
    [b]
    ricks was a pro bowl 1st alternate, so the guy can pretty much do it all. [/b][/quote]

Hey barton, you think they will bring Ricks into QB when the Jets need a deep out on 3rd and 15?

Or how about having him line up and kick that game winning 53 yard FG?

For crying out loud, he was signed by the Jets as a situational TE.

"so the guy can pretty much do it all" :blink:

dumbass

he can do it all at his postion (catching TE)

YOU STUPID IDIOT. piss off

Hall Of Fame
    I HATE PATS FANS!!! :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

[quote][i]Originally posted by spjets[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 12:55 PM
    [b] I HATE PATS FANS!!! :<!--emo&Angry:-->[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> [/b][/quote]

I know, they think because their team won the SB that they are smart. they are still stupid as s**t, and they need to stop twisting sentences around

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 12:53 PM
    [b]

[/b][/quote]

His position is a "catching TE"?

Besides cathing the football, what else does he do at that position for you to make the claim "he can pretty much do it all"? :blink:

Dumbass.

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jul 9 2004, 12:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Jul 9 2004, 12:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 12:53 PM
    [b]

[/b][/quote]

Besides cathing the football, what else does he do at that position for you to make the claim "he can pretty much do it all"? :blink:

Dumbass. [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t be so hard on the poor Jet fans, all they have is hope in the off-season and excusses during the season. This year will be no differen&#39;t. :lol: :lol:

I&#39;m a little confused here.. Ricks was dropped from one of the worst teams in the NFL. A team that really doesn&#39;t have any proven pass catchers. But this guy who was released by the LOWLY LIONS is now a savior at TE for the JETS and everyone is ready to drop Becht. Just don&#39;t get it.. IF it was Bubba Franks I would understand but not this guy (only used Bubba Franks because yesterday everyone talking about him)..

[quote][i]Originally posted by mcsully[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 01:13 PM
    [b] I&#39;m a little confused here.. Ricks was dropped from one of the worst teams in the NFL. A team that really doesn&#39;t have any proven pass catchers. But this guy who was released by the LOWLY LIONS is now a savior at TE for the JETS and everyone is ready to drop Becht. Just don&#39;t get it.. IF it was Bubba Franks I would understand but not this guy (only used Bubba Franks because yesterday everyone talking about him).. [/b][/quote]
    Its because according most Jet homers, the team never makes a move just to fill a training camp spot, or increase depth. No every move they make is the difference making missing piece of the championship pie.

All League
    ricks provides a better receiving option. baker is probably the odd man out unless herm decides to keep 3 te&#39;s and a long snapper. he didn&#39;t last year. the pats fans hanging out in this thread need to find something else to fill their time with. it&#39;s not our fault we have better websites to visit.

Banned
    he was a pro bowl alternate...so he has got to be worth something...they got rid of him because he was making too much money when they have stephen alexander and 2 high first round wide recievers...

i forgot that no one is cut that belongs on a team

When you pay a very large portion of your cap at 1 position, you need to keep other positions a bit lower than avg. Lions are way over on the W/R slot, so a logical area to cut back is on a different receiving slot, and that&#39;s either a pass catching back or a T/E. Probably the pass-catching back does not make much &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;, so Ricks became the fall guy.

He&#39;s not the "missing link", but he helps strengthen an area on our team.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 01:41 PM
    [b] he was a pro bowl alternate...so he has got to be worth something...they got rid of him because he was making too much money when they have stephen alexander and 2 high first round wide recievers...

i forgot that no one is cut that belongs on a team [/b][/quote]
    didn&#39;t you know that no talented players play on bad teams? duh&#33; ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jul 9 2004, 12:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Jul 9 2004, 12:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 12:53 PM
    [b]

[/b][/quote]

Dumbass. [/b][/quote]
    you are such a dumbass. go change your diaper

his role will be a recieving TE for us, and he can do it all as a recieving TE, meaning he does more then just catch the football you stupid a**hole. he can break tackles, stretch the field, stiff arm and get YAC

something we haven&#39;t had for a while now. stop feeling like you have to rain on our parade to make yourself feel better, seek counseling.