Thread: Carlos Boozer

Practice Squad
    He really put a knife in Paxon's back.

All League
    Yeah, I cant blame him for wanting more money but going back on your word is pretty shameful. And he might even cause Paxson to lose his job.

Banned
    I have a "friend" who is a Cavs fan and has followed them through their ups and downs since the days of LeBron James, so this news comes as hilarious to me. Rock on Jazz, screw Cleveland!

TomShane
    I'm just shocked that Utah signed a black guy. No big loss, really, especially when you consider the money he's going to get. They still have alot of maneuverability and young talent to go get some Horace Grant-type to play the 4. Utah is spending aton of dough on a couple of guys who are not that good in Okur and Boozer. Is Scott Layden back working there?

Originally posted by The Troll@Jul 9 2004, 07:40 PM
    I have a "friend" who is a Cavs fan and has followed them through their ups and downs since the days of LeBron James, so this news comes as hilarious to me. Rock on Jazz, screw Cleveland!
    How old is your friend? 12?

Paxson screwed up. I would trust an agent about as much as a lwayer.

Banned
    He's 19, he's just a moron.

What is really bad about this is the Cavs could have had Boozer playing for chump change this coming season (600k+) had they exercised their option on Boozer. Boozer promised the cavs if they dropped the option (supposedly Boozer needed some money quickly) he would sign their max deal. The Cavs took Boozer's word, agreed to drop the option, and Boozer leaves them in the middle of the night for a bigger pay day.

That is just WRONG.

Don't they have ethics courses at Duke?

Carlos Boozer= Antoine Winfield

That agent for Boozer works with SFX. I expect SFX to can the guy pretty quick, or they will be "blackballed" by other GM's in the NBA.

While player's agents are not the most trustworthy individual around, to go against your word just 4 days later smacks of stupidity.

The agent will get a quick large payday. It will be the last he sees from the NBA.