View Poll Results: Who are your primary baseball and football teams?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jets/Mets

27 28.13%
  • Jets/Yankees

43 44.79%
  • Jets/Other (specify)

11 11.46%
  • Jets/Red Sox

3 3.13%
  • Pats/Red Sox

9 9.38%
  • Pats/Yankees

1 1.04%
  • Pats/Other (specify)

0 0%
  • Other/Other (specify)

2 2.08%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football and baseball team loyalties

All Pro
    Jets/Any Team that's playing the Pats/ Any team that's playing the Giants/UCONN Mens Basketball!!!!

But I answered Jets/ Yanks because I have a mild interest in the Yanks, and I don't really like baseball all that much.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 11:19 PM
    [b] Man, if I could only [b]make [/b]that deal... [/b][/quote]
    This question is not for disgruntled/envious Mets fans, who have everything to gain and nothing to lose :rolleyes:

This is for the long-suffering Red Sox fans, who have to give something to get something <_<

Jets/Indians

Go Tribe&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Jets/Tigers

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Jets and Yankees. I really have nothing against the Mets other then their numerous losing seasons. :D

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 03:17 AM
    [b] Okay, how bout some honesty in this thread ... on a really tough question for the Pats/Sox contingient

If you could trade [b]one[/b] SB Winner and the Sox beat the Yankees in Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS, but lose in the WS ... would you make that trade?

If you could trade [b]both[/b] SB Winners and the Sox beat the Yankees in Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS, then cap it off by winning the WS ... would you make that trade?

Would you make one, both, or neither of the two?

And Please ... BE BRUTALLY HONEST [/b][/quote]
    Excellent question.

I would not trade one win for the Sox to lose in the WS. I have experienced that in my lifetime and believe me losing in the WS is no great thrill. ;) Thanks Roger. <_<

I would be tempted by the second offer, but I am a Patriots fan first over the Sox and doubt I would want to give away those two titles. I have been a Sox and Patriots fan since 1979 and up until 2001, it was easier to be a Sox fan because they win more often then they lose. This is always a nice thing.

If push comes to shove, I would say no. As hopefully Jets fans will get a chance to realize one day, winning a title makes all those 1-15, 2-14 and heart breaking losses all that much better.

I would be very happy that the Sox won, but even now I am pratically giddy when I watch my DVDs of the two Superbowls and have to pinch myself to see if it is real.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I don&#39;t think it&#39;s much of a secret who I root for...........

Jets/Mets..........thanks dad&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Veteran
    jets and sox (white that is....pale hose)

[quote][i]Originally posted by chops44[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 02:11 PM
    [b] jets and sox (white that is....pale hose) [/b][/quote]
    I believe you are the King of Droughts.

White Sox - riding ***** in the Windy City, no WS since 1959 and no titles since 1917.

Jets - riding ***** in the City that never sleeps and no Superbowl or title since 1969.

Masochist. ;)

All League
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS, THE YANKEES WIN THE YANKEES WIN

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I guess i was born to be a die hard....my father took me to see the yankees and the Jets in the early seventies (I was 7 years old in 1974) and it just stuck.....I have been loyal to both teams ever since. On the other hand I find no reason to hate the Mets or the Giants....I don&#39;t give a crap about them but only the Jets/Yankees are my teams.

In 1996 I was hoping the Mets beat the red sox though....every Yankees fan had to want the Mets to win (for New York)

Hall Of Fame
    jets/yanks my whole life till i die :)

All League
    [In 1996 I was hoping the Mets beat the red sox though....every Yankees fan had to want the Mets to win (for New York) ]
    Jetfreak you are indeed a rare person because most Met and Yankee fans would never want to see the other team win the championship. I congratulate you on your loyalty to New York.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by faba[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 11:34 AM
    [b]
    Jetfreak you are indeed a rare person because most Met and Yankee fans would never want to see the other team win the championship. I congratulate you on your loyalty to New York. [/b][/quote]
    He is a rare person, a very special person indeed............ ;)

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: thanks Jetgirl/Faba

I live in Florida and I&#39;m surrounded by Dolphin/Jaguar/Bucaner fans (I am in Central Fla so I am an hour from Tampa and Jacksonville and a few hours from Miami. I don&#39;t know if people are just plain ole jealous from people from the north but it gives me pride to waer my Jets and Yankees gear and when I talk about gear I step it up.....Yankees addidas sweat suit/Jets sweater/Jets polos/Yankees and Jets watches/socks....sheesh my checkbook are of the Yankees&#33;&#33; You can tell a fairweather fan and the true die hards and when you live in a place like Florida there are many fairweather fans. The year the Bucs won the superbowl the entire city of Orlando was friggin red and Pewter but in 2003 you only saw a few of these so called fans.....I was watching last years superbowl and I was wearing a Jets polo and hat and this Jaguars fan said "hey the Jets are not in the superbowl...why are u wearing that?" I looked at him like he was a nut and walked away....it&#39;s funny but the most die hard florida fans are actually Dolphin fans&#33;

I&#39;m already breaking ut my new Jets gear.....Jetgirl will see it when I attend the Jets/Miami game&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: I of course meant 1986 regarding the Metsies and the Red Sox (Chowderheads)

All League
    Jetfreak
    A lot of people put down the New York/New Jersey teams across the country but there is no where in this country that you get as loyal as fans no matter what sport or team than in this area.
    Yes there are fair weather fans here but the core fans here live and die with their teams-

Yes, only NY fans are loyal. :blink:

Who is more loyal, KC, a city of 600K that averages 20K a year despite having little hope of winning anything, or NY fans where they not their teams wil be among the big spenders. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    there are plenty of citys that are loyal ny is just the loyalist

Banned
    I gotta love my NY Jets, NY Giants and NY Yankees backrounds :D