View Poll Results: Who are your primary baseball and football teams?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jets/Mets

27 28.13%
  • Jets/Yankees

43 44.79%
  • Jets/Other (specify)

11 11.46%
  • Jets/Red Sox

3 3.13%
  • Pats/Red Sox

9 9.38%
  • Pats/Yankees

1 1.04%
  • Pats/Other (specify)

0 0%
  • Other/Other (specify)

2 2.08%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Football and baseball team loyalties

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    jets and mets forever

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes I am one of the weird combo on Jets/Sox
    [color=blue][SIZE=4]YANKEES SUCK!!!!!!!![/color][/SIZE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFan 51[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 04:43 PM
    [b] yes I am one of the weird combo on Jets/Sox
    [color=blue][SIZE=4]YANKEES SUCK!!!!!!!![/color][/SIZE] [/b][/quote]
    I have an uncle who likes the Patriots and Yankees :o

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH+Jul 10 2004, 10:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PFSIKH @ Jul 10 2004, 10:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--chops44[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 02:11 PM
    [b] jets and sox (white that is....pale hose) [/b][/quote]
    I believe you are the King of Droughts.

White Sox - riding ***** in the Windy City, no WS since 1959 and no titles since 1917.

Jets - riding ***** in the City that never sleeps and no Superbowl or title since 1969.

Masochist. ;) [/b][/quote]
    add my blackhawks and their 50 something years since a title, in a city that lately, could care less about hockey and i&#39;m really hurting.

thank god for the bulls and notre dame (both bigtime losers recently) or else i&#39;d never know what a championship feels like.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    jets and...nobody...

when i watch baseball as a little kid i was a mets fan...but i havn&#39;t watched a baseball game in 10 years probably...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The J-E-T-S and The M-E-T-S I think I have always loved them plus the nets and isles.I moved to vegas when I was 10 and our superstation was wwor which covered all those teams back then.so I am sure thats hope i kept my loyalty.

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by faba[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 12:05 PM
    [b] Jetfreak
    A lot of people put down the New York/New Jersey teams across the country but there is no where in this country that you get as loyal as fans no matter what sport or team than in this area.
    Yes there are fair weather fans here but the core fans here live and die with their teams- [/b][/quote]
    Why do some NY/NJ area fans proclaim themselves as the most loyal? That&#39;s crazy. There are loyal/die-hard fans all over the country. I&#39;ve always said that the most die-hard pro sports fans live in Philly, NY, Boston and Chicago. The fans in thses cities love their teams.

I believe you can only count cities with all 4 major sports teams as it is pretty easy to live and die by the Packers as they are the only show in town.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo+Jul 11 2004, 06:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gainzo @ Jul 11 2004, 06:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--faba[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 12:05 PM
    [b] Jetfreak
    A lot of people put down the New York/New Jersey teams across the country but there is no where in this country that you get as loyal as fans no matter what sport or team than in this area.
    Yes there are fair weather fans here but the core fans here live and die with their teams- [/b][/quote]
    Why do some NY/NJ area fans proclaim themselves as the most loyal? That&#39;s crazy. There are loyal/die-hard fans all over the country. I&#39;ve always said that the most die-hard pro sports fans live in Philly, NY, Boston and Chicago. The fans in thses cities love their teams.

I believe you can only count cities with all 4 major sports teams as it is pretty easy to live and die by the Packers as they are the only show in town. [/b][/quote]
    Denver lives and dies by the Broncos............

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Why do some NY/NJ area fans proclaim themselves as the most loyal? That&#39;s crazy. There are loyal/die-hard fans all over the country. I&#39;ve always said that the most die-hard pro sports fans live in Philly, NY, Boston and Chicago. The fans in thses cities love their teams.]

Gainzo-no offense intended to other loyal fans in other areas-I guess my post exaggerated -symptom of my being a die hard Jet, Met and Ranger fan.

Kangaroo F*cker
    No worries faba I know you are a die-hard. I moved to Massachusetts in 1986 from Australia. A few months before we left Australia my Dad told me about the Celtics, Patriots, Bruins and Red Sox. The only team I had heard of was the Celtics but I knew that I would follow all of the local teams becase that is what you do&#33; If

18 years later I&#39;m still a Boston sports fan&#33;

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets / Cards