Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: New Film Exposes Fox News

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/07-09-2004/0002207530&EDATE=]http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....02207530&EDATE=[/url]

[b]Republican Bias at Fox News Documented in New Film, Featuring Former Employees
    Former Fox Journalists, Internal Memos to Blow the Whistle
    on Fox Partisan Bias

Progressives Call for Media Reform[/b]

NEW YORK, July 9 /PRNewswire/ -- At a New York press conference this
    coming Monday, four former Fox News employees will go on the record to expose
    Fox's persistent Republican partisan bias, while releasing internal
    memorandums from Fox News Channel showing executive level instructions to Fox
    on how to bias the news.
    The four Fox whistleblowers appear, along with three others, in Robert
    Greenwald's new documentary "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism,"
    excerpts of which will be shown at the news conference. The film is a
    devastating indictment of the Fox News Channel's purposeful disinformation in
    the pursuit of partisan objectives. Also at the news conference, Common Cause
    and MoveOn will outline their forthcoming campaign OUTFOX, starting with
    thousands of house parties to show the film taking place on Sunday, July 18th.

On Tuesday, media are invited to the official film premiere and to a panel
    on media consolidation and reform hosted by The Center for American Progress,
    with media authors and critics such as Arianna Huffington and Eric Alterman.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this wins the "astute command of the obvious" award for the day

what's next a hard hitting expose about how Madonna is a whore?

it's like tell us something we didn't know.

people love the fact that FoxNews is GOP leaning... it's not exactly a secret

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, amazing! I never knew Fox news slanted to the right, as opposed to all of the other news outlets that don't have biases or agendas!

The popularity of Fox News literally frightens the hell out of libs, huh? Hilarious!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]this wins the "astute command of the obvious" award for the day

[/b][/quote]

Look if all these conservatives are bashing Moore for distorting facts. Isn't it kind of hypocritical when they post all their info from foxnews? It will be interesting to see what lenghts fox goes to and what goes on behind the scenes.

And any of you *****ing about this movie, it is no different than the Michael Moore Hates America movie, except that these are people with first-hand knowledge of how foxnews operates.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 03:43 PM
    [b] [quote][b]this wins the "astute command of the obvious" award for the day

[/b][/quote]

Look if all these conservatives are bashing Moore for distorting facts. Isn't it kind of hypocritical when they post all their info from foxnews? It will be interesting to see what lenghts fox goes to and what goes on behind the scenes.

And any of you *****ing about this movie, it is no different than the Michael Moore Hates America movie, except that these are people with first-hand knowledge of how foxnews operates. [/b][/quote]
    I post info from Fox News?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll get a kick out of this as it proves what horsesh!t this is.

You'll notice at the end of the link that started this thread they mention Moveon...you know that unbiased, non-partisan group. You'll also notice how the article refers to "four former Fox News employees will go on the record to expose Fox's persistent Republican partisan bias"

Well here is the e-mail Moveon send out on 6/30/2004:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear MoveOn member,

For years, Fox News has been distorting the facts, covering for President Bush, and bashing groups like MoveOn. Now Uncovered director Robert Greenwald -- [b]working with a group of Fox-monitoring MoveOn members[/b] -- has put together a documentary film that exposes Fox for what it is: partisan spin, not news.

We're using this movie to launch an organizing campaign with Common Cause and other great groups to "out" Fox News -- making sure everyone in the country knows the network is stumping for the Republican agenda.

Be among the first to see this new movie, help others see it, and take on Fox by hosting an Outfoxed house party on Sunday evening, July 18th. Sign up at: xxxx

Fox News star Bill O'Reilly will stop at nothing in acting as a partisan flak for Bush. When the 9/11 Commission reported finding no evidence of a link between Iraq and al-Qaeda, O'Reilly lashed out at the nation's major newspapers for reporting it. In June alone, O'Reilly compared Bush critics Michael Moore and Al Franken to Nazi propagandists and journalist Bill Moyers to Mao Zedong.

Unfortunately, parroting the Republican Party message is common in Fox's regular news reporting as well. Outfoxed features interviews with seven ex-Fox News employees who describe how, every day, highly partisan talking points are drawn up to influence newscasts.

When Michael Moore was asked what surprised him most during the making of Fahrenheit 9/11, he described his discovery of archived news footage the networks had edited or not aired at all in order to protect President Bush's image. His comments highlight the media's recent failure to independently evaluate Bush's claims before the war -- and no network failed more completely than Fox.

In addition to Common Cause, our partners on this campaign include the Center for American Progress, Free Press, Media Matters for America, and Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR).

On Sunday, July 18th, we'll get together to see the compelling evidence of Fox's partisanship presented in the Outfoxed film. Then we'll all join an interactive coast-to-coast conference call with Al Franken and director Robert Greenwald, to plan out how we'll take on Fox and take back our media.

Can you host a party on Sunday evening, July 18th? Sign up now at: xxxx

Inviting friends, family, and co-workers who have concerns about the media is a great way to get them involved. As a host, you have the option of just inviting people you know, or allowing MoveOn and Common Cause members in your area to join you. We'll provide you with a simple step-by-step guide to putting on a house party. We'll also ask some others to bring snacks and drinks, and to stay late to help clean up.

After you sign up to host a house party, you can get a DVD or VHS copy of Outfoxed for a $10 contribution.

Together, we will make a tremendous difference in this campaign.

Thank you, for all you do.

Sincerely,
    --Wes Boyd and Noah T. Winer
    MoveOn.org
    June 30th, 2004

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, ten days ago they were "Fox-monitoring Moveon members" now they are former employees.

Notice to see the film you have to hope someone in your nieghborhood must be willing to host a party and pay ten bucks for the copy of the DVD then you must ask them to be invited.

Also notice one of the signers of this e-mail has a last name of "Winer" :lol: :lol:

I just hope there is a party by me so I can go protest the bastards as I did for their Moore-on movie party!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 04:41 PM
    [b] we'll get together to see the compelling evidence of Fox's partisanship presented in the Outfoxed film. Then we'll all join an interactive coast-to-coast conference call with Al Franken [/b][/quote]
    Oh boy, Al Franken will be there to guarantee that it's a non-partisan event!!! Hahah.

Also, hope all those unemployed people who hand out "Beat Bush" brochures outside my office can make it!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is this even an issue?

FoxNews leans right (and I admit, I post articles from FoxNews.Com all the time), and CNN and most other major media/news organizations lean left.

The same way the Wall Street Journal leans right, and "most" other major newspapers (with a few exceptions) lean left.

Again, I have to ask why this is an issue for Liberals to get worked up over? I would say 90% of the Media is still leftist leaning, so why the complaint??

:blink:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lefties are so concerned over one network and two newspapers. My heart bleads for you, it really does...

[url=http://www.mrc.org/]Media Research Center[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 08:00 PM
    [b] Lefties are so concerned over one network and two newspapers. My heart bleads for you, it really does...

[url=http://www.mrc.org/]Media Research Center[/url] [/b][/quote]
    Yea, it wouldn't be bad if they were really conservatives..........Thing is, Fox News is neo-con central for all the mid-east warhawks.

It&#39;s one joke after another: Neo-con chief William Kristol, Fred Barnes and the other neo-cons from The Weekly Standard <_<

One decent thing about Fox: From time to time, they do have conservative slanted reports, to pretend they are to the right of CNN and MSNBC on other issues, except the war.

By the way, isn&#39;t Fox were liberal Gerry Rivers (aka Geraldo Rivera) and Gretta Van Sustern work?

No thanks....plus, Sheppard Smith looks way too effeminate to me :unsure:

P.S: They should hire that jackal, foaming at the moath liberal from RNN cable (Richard French)........He&#39;d fit in perfectly at Fox :rolleyes:

[img]http://www.rnntv.com/NewsChooser/pages/multi_column/bio_images/Rich2.jpg[/img]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Riggins, just curious, who&#39;s the conservative you respect the most and what&#39;s your source of news?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 08:25 PM
    [b] Riggins, just curious, who&#39;s the conservative you respect the most and what&#39;s your source of news? [/b][/quote]
    Anybody who&#39;s for smaller gov&#39;t, less taxes and enforcing our border laws is cool with me B)

All my news sources are found on the Net., as TV is way too liberal for my taste <_<

I suppose Lou Dobbs is someone I might respect from CNN, somewhat--true American....Buchanan isn&#39;t on anymore (probaly due to his anti-neocon stance), neither is Ventura (who&#39;s a boring watch).

Not much more........I&#39;d rather watch the Canadian Football League, then get some neo-con "brainwashing" from a liberal like Bill O&#39;Reilly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 08:34 PM
    [b] the most and what&#39;s your source of news? [/QUOTE]
    Anybody who&#39;s for smaller gov&#39;t, less taxes and enforcing our border laws is cool with me B)

All my news sources are found on the Net., as TV is way too liberal for my taste <_<

I suppose Lou Dobbs is someone I might respect from CNN, somewhat--true American....Buchanan isn&#39;t on anymore (probaly due to his anti-neocon stance), neither is Ventura (who&#39;s a boring watch).

Not much more........I&#39;d rather watch the Canadian Football League, then get some neo-con "brainwashing" from a liberal like Bill O&#39;Reilly. [/b][/quote]
    So the ultra conservative can&#39;t even name one conservative.

Lou Dobbs is a joke. I guess for CNN he&#39;s a right winger. Jesse Ventura is as conservative as Arnold Schwartzenneger and Pat Buchanon is an anti-semite and a racist.

If those are your ideas of conservatives, I gladly accept the label of neo-con.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Pat Buchanon is an anti-semite and a racist[/b][/quote]

In other words, he&#39;s not for this war and "M-E nation building", so the neo-cons dub him a racist and "anti-semite" :wacko:

His anti-immigration stance was swell on MSNBC for a long while. I remember Howard Stern saying Buchanan was a must watch for him in 2001, because he "told it as it is"

The minute the neo-con war breaks out, Pat&#39;s fired.....Guess why :unsure:

Talk about intolerence <_<

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 10:05 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Pat Buchanon is an anti-semite and a racist[/b][/quote]

In other words, he&#39;s not for this war and "M-E nation building", so the neo-cons dub him a racist and "anti-semite" :wacko:

His anti-immigration stance was swell on MSNBC for a long while. I remember Howard Stern saying Buchanan was a must watch for him in 2001, because he "told it as it is"

The minute the neo-con war breaks out, Pat&#39;s fired.....Guess why :unsure:

Talk about intolerence <_< [/b][/quote]
    Riggins, if you dont already know about The American Conservative magazine, you should check it out...

[url=http://www.amconmag.com/aboutus.html]http://www.amconmag.com/aboutus.html[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b]Brooklyn[/b], thanks a bunch for the link. I&#39;ve read articles linked to the site, but never gone to the site itself--which is outstanding.

Here&#39;s another real good site you have to check out: [url=http://www.americafirstradio.com/]http://www.americafirstradio.com/[/url]

I think true conservatives like you and a few others here will really like it.........Also, I think other "non Righties" such as [b]Bitonti[/b] and [b]West Coast Mole[/b] will find the site informative, particularly the war coverage.

[b]Warning[/b]:[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/style_images/1/icon13.gif[/img] The Charles Krauthammer crowd of "neocons" here at JI should absolutely [b]not[/b] press the link----reality may smack you in the face :rolleyes:

P.S: Good opinion articles linked today: Including the "Neo-con coup"---After all the garbage this war has brought upon the Republicans, Bush names staunch neo-con to head CIA :wacko:

P.S2X: [b]Foxnews.com reports your typical illegal alien pays an average of &#036;25.42 per year in federal tax payments----How about that cheap labor lovers[/b]???? [img]http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/Other/243746_rofllegs.GIF[/img][img]http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/Other/243746_rofllegs.GIF[/img]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b][Here&#39;s another real good site you have to check out: [url=http://www.americafirstradio.com/]http://www.americafirstradio.com/[/url]

I think true conservatives like you and a few others here will really like it.........Also, I think other "non Righties" such as [b]Bitonti[/b] and [b]West Coast Mole[/b] will find the site informative, particularly the war coverage.

[b]Warning[/b]:[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/style_images/1/icon13.gif[/img] The Charles Krauthammer crowd of "neocons" here at JI should absolutely [b]not[/b] press the link----reality may smack you in the face :rolleyes:[/b][/quote]

Be careful, if it slants anymore to the left it will fall off the face of the earth.