Thread: It's 2004- Why is there noone to vote for?

TomShane
    Can't vote for Bush, he's a nitwit with questionable motives.

Can't vote for Kerry, he's a nitwit with no motives other than to be President.

Is this what's left? Why isn't Giuliani running? Can't we put together a Giuliani-McCain ticket? Help!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Tom,

Just write me in on your ballot. You know with Jetman at the helm the country will be in good shape.

My first campaign promise, that for my entire term the Super Bowl will be played between the NFC champion and the JETS!!! ;)

Men will be allowed to have 2 wives!!!!

[quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 05:13 PM
    [b] Can't vote for Bush, he's a nitwit with questionable motives.

Can't vote for Kerry, he's a nitwit with no motives other than to be President.

Is this what's left? Why isn't Giuliani running? Can't we put together a Giuliani-McCain ticket? Help! [/b][/quote]
    There has been (IMHO) a surprising number of Pro-Nader posts here lately!?!

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 05:16 PM
    [b] Tom,

Just write me in on your ballot. You know with Jetman at the helm the country will be in good shape.

My first campaign promise, that for my entire term the Super Bowl will be played between the NFC champion and the JETS!!! ;)

Men will be allowed to have 2 wives!!!! [/b][/quote]
    I was going to vote for Tom Shane's Guiliani-McCain ticket, but that 2 wives thing swayed me. And 4 (or 8) straight Super Bowl appearances for the Jets.

Jetman for President!

(Can we have the wives' voiceboxes removed so they can't b*tch?)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Brooklyn Jet[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 05:41 PM
    [b] (Can we have the wives' voiceboxes removed so they can't b*tch?) [/b][/quote]
    Then they cant moan with pleasure either. I will give you a free set of ear plugs

[quote][b]My first campaign promise, that for my entire term the Super Bowl will be played between the NFC champion and the JETS!!![/b][/quote]

OK, ya got my Vote. :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67+Jul 9 2004, 06:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetman67 @ Jul 9 2004, 06:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Brooklyn Jet[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 05:41 PM
    [b] (Can we have the wives&#39; voiceboxes removed so they can&#39;t b*tch?) [/b][/quote]
    Then they cant moan with pleasure either. I will give you a free set of ear plugs [/b][/quote]
    See&#33; A candidate who provides solutions for the middle class&#33;

Jetman in &#39;04&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 05:13 PM
    [b] Can&#39;t vote for Bush, he&#39;s a nitwit with questionable motives.

Can&#39;t vote for Kerry, he&#39;s a nitwit with no motives other than to be President.

Is this what&#39;s left? Why isn&#39;t Giuliani running? Can&#39;t we put together a Giuliani-McCain ticket? Help&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Tom, I&#39;ve been complaining about this for the last 3 elections. I&#39;m so tired of voting against people instead of having someone to vote for.

Here is what I think the problem is. Party unity.

No one seems to be allowed to run against incumbants anymore. Also when a party is attempting to "dethrone" a president they look for a clear cut canidate and back him, with a few number of 2nd bananas for show. They really don&#39;t stand too much of a chance, and when they do, once they start to fade, the party asks them to step aside.

Either we need to do away with party unity somehow, or have more viable parties or independent canidates. If a character like Ross Perot where running against this lot like he did against Big George and Clinton, he might just stand a realist shot.

Personally, I would love to see a ticket like Powell and Dole, and I&#39;m talking about Liz, not Bob.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by BucJeff[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 07:59 PM
    [b] I&#39;ve been complaining about this for the last 3 elections. I&#39;m so tired of voting against people instead of having someone to vote for.

[/b][/quote]
    Well, then vote for JETMAN