Thread: Raider fans on Eric Barton

All League
    [url=http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76724]http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76724[/url]

As promised I went over to to the kffl Oakland board and asked their opinion on Barton, with just one exception, everyone was very high on him. Even the lone negative voice left open the idea that 2002 was the realy Eric Barton, not 2003.

Looks like a very good pick up since the only question Raider fans had on him, would be how he would fare with a bad DL, and that would seem to be one of the Jets strengths. Enjoy

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Did I have too many beers today, or did you actually post something positive about the Jets? Thanks for the info. This one's on me
    [img]http://private.dax.ru/beer/mug.jpg[/img]

All Pro
    I dont care what they say about us JETS I really do
    believe we are a team to reckon with this season,
    beside we play better when they dont pay too
    much attention to us.
    [img]http://www.fansedge.com/Images/Product/33-25/33-25094-P.jpg[/img]

All Pro
    awww thanks ken

[quote][i]Originally posted by Buzzsaw[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 02:44 PM
    [b] Did I have too many beers today, or did you actually post something positive about the Jets? Thanks for the info. This one's on me
    [img]http://private.dax.ru/beer/mug.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    Patsfanken is one of the Pats fans who is pretty fair in his opinion I'm seen him write other positive things about the Jets, although you probably couldn't get him to admit as much. ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by patsfanken[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 02:35 PM
    [b] [url=http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76724]http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76724[/url]

As promised I went over to to the kffl Oakland board and asked their opinion on Barton, with just one exception, everyone was very high on him. Even the lone negative voice left open the idea that 2002 was the realy Eric Barton, not 2003.

Looks like a very good pick up since the only question Raider fans had on him, would be how he would fare with a bad DL, and that would seem to be one of the Jets strengths. Enjoy [/b][/quote]
    I did the same thing when he became a free agent.....it's floating around here somehwere...

good post.

[url=http://raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=12237&perpage=15&pagenumber=1]http://raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php...15&pagenumber=1[/url]

there is another raiders site, where they really really cry and get mad about the loss, I'll try and find it

As I've said for awhile

Barton= looks like a good sign
    Barrett= looks like a bad sign

Of course, we don't know, but that applies for both equally.

[quote][i]Originally posted by RichardSeymour[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 06:47 PM
    [b] As I've said for awhile

Of course, we don't know, but that applies for both equally. [/b][/quote]
    eric Barton and Vilma for that matter will be as good as the Dts in front of them. D Robertson and J Ferguson are able to occupy blockers , so that both Lbs can run free to football , than both are capable of having probowl type seasons next season. DTs let Olineman get out on both Lbs than IMO
    Jets will have just as much trouble stopping run as they did last year.

For the life of me, I can't understand why Jets didn't bring in a Two Gap DT because if Ferguson or D robertson are lost to injury than rest of Dts on roster are severly undersized DTs(more one Gap)

Getting back to E Barton. Hes a three down LB as he equally effective against the run and pass. What I do see alot of Jet fans doing is overrating E Barton speed somewhat. He probably was one of the Raiders slowest LB. E Barton simply a football player, tough, pretty good instincts and going to come to play every snap.
    E barton will make a very Big impact if the DTs do their job up front.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Raider9175+Jul 11 2004, 02:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Raider9175 @ Jul 11 2004, 02:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RichardSeymour[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 06:47 PM
    [b] As I&#39;ve said for awhile

Of course, we don&#39;t know, but that applies for both equally. [/b][/quote]
    eric Barton and Vilma for that matter will be as good as the Dts in front of them. D Robertson and J Ferguson are able to occupy blockers , so that both Lbs can run free to football , than both are capable of having probowl type seasons next season. DTs let Olineman get out on both Lbs than IMO

For the life of me, I can&#39;t understand why Jets didn&#39;t bring in a Two Gap DT because if Ferguson or D robertson are lost to injury than rest of Dts on roster are severly undersized DTs(more one Gap)

Getting back to E Barton. Hes a three down LB as he equally effective against the run and pass. What I do see alot of Jet fans doing is overrating E Barton speed somewhat. He probably was one of the Raiders slowest LB. E Barton simply a football player, tough, pretty good instincts and going to come to play every snap.
    E barton will make a very Big impact if the DTs do their job up front. [/b][/quote]
    what about Josh Evans?

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by abraham-94[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 01:40 PM
    [b]
    what about Josh Evans? [/b][/quote]
    he said 2 gapper not 2 time offender. :P :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by abraham-94+Jul 11 2004, 02:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (abraham-94 @ Jul 11 2004, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Raider9175@Jul 11 2004, 02:21 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--RichardSeymour[/i]@Jul 10 2004, 06:47 PM
    [b] As I&#39;ve said for awhile

Of course, we don&#39;t know, but that applies for both equally. [/b][/quote]

For the life of me, I can&#39;t understand why Jets didn&#39;t bring in a Two Gap DT because if Ferguson or D robertson are lost to injury than rest of Dts on roster are severly undersized DTs(more one Gap)

E barton will make a very Big impact if the DTs do their job up front. [/b][/quote]
    what about Josh Evans? [/b][/quote]
    Josh Evan is a situational pass rusher(very effective in that role) Hes not a fulltime dt because with his size 6&#39; 280 he will wear down if he has to play that much. Jets are in trouble if J Evans is starting DT next year and you can forget E barton and Vilma have much impact.

Why was smizzy blocked on the raiders board? cause hes a jet fan or cause he was a tool? lol jk smizzy

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I really could give a rats tuckus about what Raiders fans feel about us getting Barton.

Sheesh

Jets Insider VIP
    Seems to me we win the Bowl in July every year, Id like to do it in Jan for a change&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by JohnnyJet[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 11:22 PM
    [b] Seems to me we win the Bowl in July every year, Id like to do it in Jan for a change&#33; [/b][/quote]
    When was the last time we were the offseason champs?

Barton will shine in NYC&#33;

LL