Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a Hall of Famer

Just realized this.... I'm a HoF poster now. I am great. Just wanted to start a thread so you could all appreciate my greatness.

I'd like to thank.... me.

Although most of you guys are alright too, other than a few of the new schoolers. So thanks to y'all for making this such a great board.

But mostly, here's to me.

What a long strange trip it's been. 2500 posts later and Bradway still sucks, Brady's still better, and most Jets fans are still overly optimistic..... Though I think there's been some movement towards a middle ground between the Pats fans and the Jets fans.

I'd thank people for being such good posters and all, but to be honest there's no way in hell I wouldn't leave like 20 names out. So I'll thank Sooth and the mods for running this thing and doing a great job of being lighthanded while still maintaining order, and I'll thank the Jets fans as a group for (mostly) being tolerant of the Pats fan presence and for mostly being pretty good posters. Same with the Pats fans, to whom all I got to say is.... oh hell I don't have the heart. But hey, it's good being a Pats fan.

So thanks everyone for the discussions, the arguments, the debates, and the analysis. I first came here like a lost puppy, hoping to sink my teeth into the hearts of Jets fans on this board by pointing out how bad a move Bradway made in trading up for D-Rob, and how much better I liked the Pats draft. I stayed because you welcomed me into your home, and let me sink my teeth into your hearts by pointing out that Chad is overrated.

In closing....

I think Jets fans and Sox fans actually have a lot in common. We're proud of our history while having to face the unpalatable fact that most of the recent history is bad. Both fanbases are perpetually optimistic, with a deeply ingrained fatalistic streak. One thing I admire about almost all of you is that you are passionate, for better or for worse. So here's to that passion, and here's to this year maybe being the year for our respective long suffering franchises.

Well, not for the Jets, I mean, really. Next year, maybe.

Just remember, when you win the first one, it's worth the wait. Trust me.

Congrats on making the HOF ... Just remember your pecking order in the club ... I made the hall while you were in dipers :D

But welcome to the club ... you are a worthy HOF'er ... and for whatever its worth, I am the key member of the old-timers committee who pushed for your induction ;)

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 01:54 AM
    [b] Congrats on making the HOF ... Just remember your pecking order in the club ... I made the hall while you were in dipers :D
    [/b][/quote]
    Judging by his views of Nomar, it looks like he's still in diapers :P

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 01:54 AM
    [b] Congrats on making the HOF ... Just remember your pecking order in the club ... I made the hall while you were in dipers :D

But welcome to the club ... you are a worthy HOF'er ... and for whatever its worth, I am the key member of the old-timers committee who pushed for your induction ;) [/b][/quote]
    Aren't you guys partners in the tag team fantasy football league???

Now you pushed for his HOF induction???

I smell Micheal Moore's next movie :D

hell of an accomplishment :unsure: :blink:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by gscott[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 05:26 AM
    [b] hell of an accomplishment :unsure: :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Scotty........ :( You dissed me......... :(

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

For once I agree with you.

You most definately are a pain in the ass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 06:46 AM
    [b] You most definately are a pain in the ass. [/b][/quote]
    Funny JonE.... that's what Kobe's accuser said!! ;)

Congrats RS.

Hall Of Fame
    Big deal, O.J. Simpson is in the Hall of Fame too.

Just kidding. :lol: Congrats.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by RichardSeymour[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 01:35 AM
    [b]
    Just realized this.... I'm a HoF poster now. I am great. Just wanted to start a thread so you could all appreciate my greatness.

I'd like to thank.... me.

[/b][/quote]

This is just another perfect example of how the Patsie contingent is humble, modest and respectful of our time on this board. :blink:

Congrats RS!

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jul 11 2004, 10:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Jul 11 2004, 10:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RichardSeymour[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 01:35 AM
    [b]
    Just realized this.... I&#39;m a HoF poster now. I am great. Just wanted to start a thread so you could all appreciate my greatness.

I&#39;d like to thank.... me.

[/b][/quote]

This is just another perfect example of how the Patsie contingent is humble, modest and respectful of our time on this board. :blink:

Congrats RS&#33; [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That&#39;s rich.

Great another dork in the HOF, tarnishing it&#39;s good name.

Good work, RS.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by RichardSeymour[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 01:35 AM
    [b] Just realized this.... I&#39;m a HoF poster now. I am great. Just wanted to start a thread so you could all appreciate my greatness.

I&#39;d like to thank.... me.

Although most of you guys are alright too, other than a few of the new schoolers. So thanks to y&#39;all for making this such a great board.

But mostly, here&#39;s to me.

What a long strange trip it&#39;s been. 2500 posts later and Bradway still sucks, Brady&#39;s still better, and most Jets fans are still overly optimistic..... Though I think there&#39;s been some movement towards a middle ground between the Pats fans and the Jets fans.

I&#39;d thank people for being such good posters and all, but to be honest there&#39;s no way in hell I wouldn&#39;t leave like 20 names out. So I&#39;ll thank Sooth and the mods for running this thing and doing a great job of being lighthanded while still maintaining order, and I&#39;ll thank the Jets fans as a group for (mostly) being tolerant of the Pats fan presence and for mostly being pretty good posters. Same with the Pats fans, to whom all I got to say is.... oh hell I don&#39;t have the heart. But hey, it&#39;s good being a Pats fan.

So thanks everyone for the discussions, the arguments, the debates, and the analysis. I first came here like a lost puppy, hoping to sink my teeth into the hearts of Jets fans on this board by pointing out how bad a move Bradway made in trading up for D-Rob, and how much better I liked the Pats draft. I stayed because you welcomed me into your home, and let me sink my teeth into your hearts by pointing out that Chad is overrated.

In closing....

I think Jets fans and Sox fans actually have a lot in common. We&#39;re proud of our history while having to face the unpalatable fact that most of the recent history is bad. Both fanbases are perpetually optimistic, with a deeply ingrained fatalistic streak. One thing I admire about almost all of you is that you are passionate, for better or for worse. So here&#39;s to that passion, and here&#39;s to this year maybe being the year for our respective long suffering franchises.

Well, not for the Jets, I mean, really. Next year, maybe.

Just remember, when you win the first one, it&#39;s worth the wait. Trust me. [/b][/quote]
    what a quack&#33; :o

All League
    Congrats Seymour

I gotta admire your tenacity ;)

Loooooooser.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 06:37 PM
    [b] Loooooooser. [/b][/quote]
    Actually Pope.........RS isn&#39;t the loser Patsie fan around here Flying Pr%#&#036;ck is........... ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl+Jul 11 2004, 06:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetgirl @ Jul 11 2004, 06:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 06:37 PM
    [b] Loooooooser. [/b][/quote]
    Actually Pope.........RS isn&#39;t the loser Patsie fan around here Flying Pr%#&#036;ck is........... ;) [/b][/quote]
    They&#39;re all losers in my book jg ;) especially flying buttpirate.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 06:42 PM
    [b] especially flying buttpirate. [/b][/quote]
    Especially him................ :lol:

Kangaroo F*cker
    Congrats, mate although I&#39;m not sure if it is a good thing to rack up that many posts in such a short time :lol:

You always have insightful and fair posts on both the Jets and Pats. Keep up the good work.

Banned
    Congrats.

Hopefully, your post count triples in the next year as you have lots of Patriot misfortunes to post about&#33;