Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush Cheney Add

This is a sports board why is there a bush cheney add... i would not want see any political adds

Because Sooth is a republican, presumably.

I'm not a fan of the Bush/Cheney ad, but it's Sooths board, so it's his right to put whatever he wants at the top.

i here ya... i would say the samething about a kerry add.... but it is sooth's board

its a paid advertisment

Kerry sucks.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 03:00 AM
    [b] its a paid advertisment [/b][/quote]
    (allegedly)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

This topic was covered last week also. According to Shakin318, it [i]is[/i] a paid ad. Supposedly more banner space will be available here soon.

I am on the not wanting to see the ad list as well...

If you ain't aying the bills, you ain't got a voice in this free forumn.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 10:32 AM
    [b] If you ain't aying the bills, you ain't got a voice in this free forumn. [/b][/quote]
    PF That's twice today that we agree :huh:

If some of you Kerry supporters want to shell out some $$$$$$$ I don't think Sooth would mind throwing up a Kerry banner!!

[b]When Clinton lied...nobody died.[/b]

I'll be campaigning for Kerry in Pennsylvania come election time.

Viva Kerry. Kick out [b]President Cheney![/b]

BTW - I have [b]ZERO problem [/b]with Sooth taking a Cheney ad, as long as he'd take a paid Kerry as well. It's called business.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gijet[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 01:41 AM
    [b] This is a sports board why is there a bush cheney add... i would not want see any political adds [/b][/quote]

I think bit and BobTheJets fan chipped in to pay for that ad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by 4HCrew[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 10:27 AM
    [b] I am on the not wanting to see the ad list as well... [/b][/quote]
    For what it's worth, I agree. It doesn't bother me any more than those signs folks post on their property, though. What really haunts me, is when a performer I paid money to see takes the time to lecture me about how I should vote. To think that some are actually swayed by a star's rants is disturbing.

[quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet+Jul 11 2004, 12:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JumbalayaJet @ Jul 11 2004, 12:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--4HCrew[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 10:27 AM
    [b] I am on the not wanting to see the ad list as well... [/b][/quote]
    For what it&#39;s worth, I agree. It doesn&#39;t bother me any more than those signs folks post on their property, though. What really haunts me, is when a performer I paid money to see takes the time to lecture me about how I should vote. To think that some are actually swayed by a star&#39;s rants is disturbing. [/b][/quote]
    Why is that any worse than listening to anyone else&#39;s take? You think it&#39;s worse than say - the influence of the various lobbies in Washington?

Actors should be mute? Every single American has the right to a voice.

If someone makes valid argument or assertion, why should it matter what they do for a living? Are you saying that politicians are giving us the truth? We should trust politicians? Who is more likely to have a crooked agenda, a politician with campaign funding [u][b]needs[/b][/u] and the like, or an independently wealthy actor?

All League
    The point I think that Jumba was trying to make was you paid to see a concert performance-that is the reason you are there-not to hear the political views whether you agree with them or not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by faba[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 11:13 AM
    [b] The point I think that Jumba was trying to make was you paid to see a concert performance-that is the reason you are there-not to hear the political views whether you agree with them or not. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly right Faba&#33;&#33; Not only that but you&#39;d be pissing off at least 50%
    of the Fans that came to see you perform not to hear your political views&#33; ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by faba[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 12:13 PM
    [b]The point I think that Jumba was trying to make was you paid to see a concert performance-that is the reason you are there-not to hear the political views whether you agree with them or not.[/b][/quote]
    I can see that. Springsteen did that when I saw him, and though I agreed with much of what he said, it was a little out of place.

Still, nobody said that you have to agree.

It&#39;s a tough call. I can understand a star&#39;s take. They have strong beliefs and a voice. They may consider it wrongful to not speak their minds. I can see both sides.

Jumablaya, I&#39;ll accept your answer. Would you have been offended if a star came out and said words that were political but that were perfectly aligned with your views?

If you saw _______ band and they came out and said "support our President". Would that carry equal offense?

Just curious and I&#39;m not implying that you&#39;d be right or wrong in either or any answer.

Pretty weak to move this thread. It was partially about the site and was not your typical ugly poli thread. Couldn&#39;t we have moved it later? Big Bro is a tad too caffeinated if you ask me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin+Jul 11 2004, 11:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet-Zeppelin @ Jul 11 2004, 11:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--faba[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 12:13 PM
    [b]The point I think that Jumba was trying to make was you paid to see a concert performance-that is the reason you are there-not to hear the political views whether you agree with them or not.[/b][/quote]
    I can see that. Springsteen did that when I saw him, and though I agreed with much of what he said, it was a little out of place.

It&#39;s a tough call. I can understand a star&#39;s take. They have strong beliefs and a voice. They may consider it wrongful to not speak their minds. I can see both sides.

Jumablaya, I&#39;ll accept your answer. Would you have been offended if a star came out and said words that were political but that were perfectly aligned with your views?

If you saw _______ band and they came out and said "support our President". Would that carry equal offense?

Just curious and I&#39;m not implying that you&#39;d be right or wrong in either or any answer. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think Celebs should use their Celebrity to push their
    views..Do alot of Republican celebrities do it?? I think not..
    Unless you think that absolutely NO Celebs are Republicans&#33;&#33;LOL
    To name a few Bruce Willis,Tom Seleck,Bo Derek..Of course in
    Hollywood if you say your a Conservative you might have a hard
    time finding work unless your already a Name&#33;&#33; <_<

[quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Jul 11 2004, 12:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ Jul 11 2004, 12:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Jet-Zeppelin@Jul 11 2004, 11:22 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--faba[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 12:13 PM

Just curious and I&#39;m not implying that you&#39;d be right or wrong in either or any answer. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think Celebs should use their Celebrity to push their
    views..Do alot of Republican celebrities do it?? I think not..
    Unless you think that absolutely NO Celebs are Republicans&#33;&#33;LOL
    To name a few Bruce Willis,Tom Seleck,Bo Derek..Of course in
    Hollywood if you say your a Conservative you might have a hard
    time finding work unless your already a Name&#33;&#33; <_< [/b][/quote]
    If the aforementioned celebs are so stealth, then how are we aware of their leanings? BTW, Hollywood is exceedingly liberal and you know it. Of course there are Hollywood conservatives, but the percentages lean heavy to the left. Rightly or wrongly.

I&#39;m not some psycho lib, and there are many conservatives that I have respect for. McCain, Gaffney (Journalist) and Dole for starters. It&#39;s very possible to disagree and still have respect for others. I wish more people could see that.

If we really want to change the views of others, we need to start with respect and not contempt. Ok, I&#39;m off my soapbox. Hey I&#39;m allowed - I&#39;m not a star.