Thread: Today's NY Daily News

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is,of course, against new Jets stadium idea. He says what about all the tailgate fans etc..

But the most crazy thing he said is there is 30 to 40 MILLION tons of garbage left after each game by fans. Must be a misquote somewhere, maybe he said 30 to 40 thousand pounds...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mathis81[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 03:56 PM
    [b] He is,of course, against new Jets stadium idea. He says what about all the tailgate fans etc..

But the most crazy thing he said is there is 30 to 40 MILLION tons of garbage left after each game by fans. Must be a misquote somewhere, maybe he said 30 to 40 thousand pounds... [/b][/quote]
    He probably ment 30 or 40 tons.

If each fan leaves behind one pound, that 76.000 pounds, 38 ton

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody who NEEDS the Jets to stay in NJ is against the new stadium plans. WHAT A SHOCKER!

All I needed to hear was Rudy Guilliani on the mike and the mad dog show specifically outline WHY the city needs the stadium and thats all I had to hear. Being the former mayor of the city, I think Rudy has a pretty good idea of what he is talking about.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mathis81[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 03:56 PM
    [b] He is,of course, against new Jets stadium idea. He says what about all the tailgate fans etc..

But the most crazy thing he said is there is 30 to 40 MILLION tons of garbage left after each game by fans. [/b][/quote]
    Let me pull out my calculator.

Hmmmm That's 30 times 2 divided by 76

and 1 x 10 to the third

plus 1 x 10 to the seventh

minus 1 x 10 to the third

that's 789,400

[b][SIZE=4]HOLY CLEVELAND !!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/b]

800,000 pounds of trash per Jet Fan per game ?????

Are you guys going to take that ? ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you see the price of tickets he stated too?!? 125 to 135?!? Thats ridiculous.

I, for one, am very much against the stadium being on the westside. Anywhere but there, please!

He also did mention how the fans who have been going to games and supporting the team for years will be pushed out for corporate businessmen all for money. He's right, I really think this plan is forgetting about the Jets fans like us.