Thread: Madden 2004 Classic teams

All League
    Just out of curiosity, why are all the numbers for "classic" teams ('85 Jets, '70 Browns, etc,) mixed up and just plain wrong?
    For example: the QB for the '85 Jets is #6 when Ken O'Brien was #7. Same goes for the NYSE, all the numbers are wrong. What gives? Is it a players inc. issue or what?

I think part of it is liscensing and part of it is just plain EA being lazy.

It should be the best part of the game but EA has made it the worst.
    If you have a sharkport you may be able to go to Maddenmania.com and download the classic rosters with the right numbers and names.

All League
    what's a sharkport?

A Sharkport is a device which allows u to use a pc to download stats and upload them to the PS2.

LL

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shawn306[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 09:52 AM
    [b] I think part of it is liscensing and part of it is just plain EA being lazy.

[/b][/quote]
    I think your right, they dont want to go back and pay those guys for using their likenesses

they were just lazy...

LL

Their liscense with the NFLPA only applies to current members of the NFLPA, not past members.

Hall Of Fame
    saw the down payment reservation cards at Best Buy this weekend

what is the Collector's Edition of Madden 05?

for 10 bucks more, it includes some old retro versions of madden which are playable, along with some extra videos and other pretty useless stuff. Though consider its only a 10 dollar different, I'll probably get it just for the retro madden. :)