View Poll Results: Which Candidate will handle terrorism better.

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bush

14 63.64%
  • Kerry

8 36.36%

Thread: Weekly Poll #1

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Please respond with a reason why you think your choice will handle terror better than the other. Please only post once and no debating others answers. Just give your OWN opinion. This should be interesting.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I gave Bush the nod on this one. Kerry seems to be soft on the military and defense. I realize that Kerry served in Vietnam, but it appears as though his personal horror and experience has led him to shy away from military conflict.

Bush did a good job in handling 911. While we don't have Osama yet, Alqueda has been severly damaged. The Dept. of Homeland Security was a good move as well.

Bush has shown the courage to confront terror head on.

Kerry is a classic liberal appeaser. He along with Torricelli and Clinton sponsored the bill to outlaw the use of paid criminal informants by the Cia. An action which directly led to the unchecked growth of Al Quaida and therefore to 9/11.

All League
    I chose Kerry because he is a Vet and knows the horror of War. He knows that we should not put our troops in harms way unless absolutely necessary. He has the benefit of learning from W's mistakes. He will surround himself with more qualified people. There are no countries in the ME that have a huge supply of tomatoes.

All Pro
    You need a leader, not a follower of the un, to take a stand and fight these b*stards where they live and breed. He hasn't waited for the main bout to come home.

1) Defeated of taliban in afghanistan.
    2) Defeated of baathists in iraq.
    3) No domestic terror attacks in 3+ years despite terrorist attacks increasing worldwide.

The most important point is that in the wake of all the media criticism -- the books, the nightly "news", the movies, the hollywood kerry orgies...this man has stood firm.

I voted for Kerry............... No one on this board can convince me that Bush's decision to invade Iraq has not helped to increase the hatred of us by terrorists. Had we stayed the course in afghanistan & found & killed osama with 100% of our might it would have sent a stronger message of "don't f@ck with us" than using 9/11 as an excuse to invade Iraq. The piss poor post invasion strategy by bushes top thinkers has dragged this mess on for way too long & has helped the terrorists,insurgents get better organised against us. bush has exposed some vulnerability with this undermanned & underorganised effort in what is now "operation Iraqi freedom" or whatever the hell he's changed the name of this effort to, since his original sales pitch of wmd & immenent threat has bdenn exposed as a fraud.

im voting for Kerry - more because of who he will appoint then anything personal about him

lets be honest a man like ret. Marine General Anthony Zinni would be a far better secretary of defense then that oil whore Condi Rice

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 11:50 AM
    [b] im voting for Kerry - more because of who he will appoint then anything personal about him

lets be honest a man like ret. Marine General Anthony Zinni would be a far better secretary of defense then that oil whore Condi Rice [/b][/quote]
    Oil whore??? Whats wrong with you?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Jul 12 2004, 12:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Jul 12 2004, 12:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 11:50 AM
    [b] im voting for Kerry - more because of who he will appoint then anything personal about him

lets be honest a man like ret. Marine General Anthony Zinni would be a far better secretary of defense then that oil whore Condi Rice [/b][/quote]
    Oil whore??? Whats wrong with you? [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s his opinion. Were all entitled to have one.

All League
    Charter JI Member

I voted for Kerry because Bush has been in office for almost four years and there is more terrorism than ever. Not to mention, the worst terror attacks in our country&#39;s history happened on his watch.

BTW - Rice IS an oil whore. Chevron named a tanker after her. [url=http://www.usmm.org/socalships.html]Link.[/url]

Neither:

Bush will continue his aggressive doctrine of attack first, kill second, dominate economically third, THEN think last. All this type of action does is create more hatred fro the US, more people willing to die to get back at us, and more bodies for the terrorist army.

Kerry is a spineless wimp who takes it way to far the other way. He is likely to be too weak, allowing the UN to prattle on and on forever with no action at all. He simply does not have the will to fight.

A middle ground is needed. But there isn&#39;t one available.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 01:06 PM
    [b]
    BTW - Rice IS an oil whore. Chevron named a tanker after her. [url=http://www.usmm.org/socalships.html]Link.[/url] [/b][/quote]
    recently that vessel has been renamed the "Altair Voyager" so that the whole thing would be lower profile...

but seriously how many executive blowjobs does one have to give out before they name a 120,000 ton supertanker after you?

call me a cynic but Somehow I doubt they gave her the honor because she made really fantastic Excel spreadsheets.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 13 2004, 02:24 AM
    [b] call me a cynic but Somehow I doubt they gave her the honor because she made really fantastic Excel spreadsheets. [/b][/quote]
    No she was good with Access data bases

probably the whole MS office suite

"word" is she "excelled" at giving "access" to her "powerpoint"

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 13 2004, 12:17 PM
    [b] probably the whole MS office suite

"word" is she "excelled" at giving "access" to her "powerpoint" [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

George W. Bush and John Kerry just happen to end up sitting next to each other at Washington&#39;s barbershop for the elite. For the duration of their haircuts and shaves, the air is awkwardly tense, as even the barbers make no small talk for fear of the conversation turning to politics. After he finishes his shave, Kerry&#39;s barber reaches for the aftershave, but Kerry stops him. "None of that for me" says the Senator. "My wife won&#39;t be too happy if I come home smelling like the inside of a whorehouse."

Bush&#39;s barber, aftershave bottle in hand and uncertain what to do, looks at Bush. The President says, "Go ahead, put it on. My wife has no idea what the inside of a whorehouse smells like."

funny stuff shakin.