Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Tasers

Hall Of Fame
    The latest craze in LE is the use of Tasers and non-lethal methods of controlling the bad guys.

These small guns carry a 50,000 volt punch to them and knock the toughest person on their butt no matter what they're on.

I decided during training last week to take a shot since I'm an instructor.

All I can say is it's the worst pain I've EVER felt in my life. It felt like 100 people were hitting me with baseball bats for 5 seconds (the length of the shock)

curious if anyone else here has ever been tazed?

Nope, just tear gas for me and to be honest it was pretty damn funny to see everybody walking around like bunch of zombies crying and stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    I believe Mr. Knoxville and Mr. O may be a good place to start.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ScottishJet[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 01:36 PM
    [b] I believe Mr. Knoxville and Mr. O may be a good place to start. [/b][/quote]
    Nice Avatar SJ. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Jul 12 2004, 01:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Jul 12 2004, 01:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ScottishJet[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 01:36 PM
    [b] I believe Mr. Knoxville and Mr. O may be a good place to start. [/b][/quote]
    Nice Avatar SJ. :D [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, but the length of "Yachtman&#39;s" sig is knocking this thread off the page.

I recently underwent a test called an EMG. Nothing like a tazer, but shocked the hell out of my arm and hand.

Jets Insider VIP
    my sisters b/f is a cop in a not so nice area of jersey. a real hard ass guy too. he "tazes" himself every now and again, saying it keeps him tough.

he&#39;s got my vote.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by cjsaus[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 01:50 PM
    [b] my sisters b/f is a cop in a not so nice area of jersey. a real hard ass guy too. he "tazes" himself every now and again, saying it keeps him tough.

he&#39;s got my vote. [/b][/quote]
    Is he insane? :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by ScottishJet[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 01:36 PM
    Even SJ wants to be like me&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 01:32 PM
    [b] I decided during training last week to take a shot since I&#39;m an instructor.

[/b][/quote]
    What is gods name were you thinking?? Not the smartest thing you&#39;ve ever done.

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote][b]Is he insane? [/b][/quote]

ummmm...yes, i think so.

if you suffer from arythmias a tazer can be lethal.

ll

Got some tear gas.....that was no fun. Saw Johnny Knoxville get tazered and the look on his face was priceless. He definatly regreted that, and you could tell immediatly.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER+Jul 12 2004, 01:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (THE_SOOTHSAYER @ Jul 12 2004, 01:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 01:32 PM
    [b] I decided during training last week to take a shot since I&#39;m an instructor.

[/b][/quote]
    What is gods name were you thinking?? Not the smartest thing you&#39;ve ever done. [/b][/quote]
    Haha.

No it definitely wasn&#39;t.

I&#39;m a defensive tactics instructor so I felt the need to take the shot.

1 second into the 5 longest seconds of my life I was regretting it.

When all was said and done, me and my 6&#39;02" 245lbs frame fell to my knees as I let out a constant yell.

It was the most brutal pain I&#39;ve ever felt.

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Jul 12 2004, 02:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Jul 12 2004, 02:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -THE_SOOTHSAYER@Jul 12 2004, 01:58 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 01:32 PM

[/b][/quote]
    What is gods name were you thinking?? Not the smartest thing you&#39;ve ever done. [/b][/quote]
    Haha.

No it definitely wasn&#39;t.

I&#39;m a defensive tactics instructor so I felt the need to take the shot.

1 second into the 5 longest seconds of my life I was regretting it.

When all was said and done, me and my 6&#39;02" 245lbs frame fell to my knees as I let out a constant yell.

It was the most brutal pain I&#39;ve ever felt. [/b][/quote]
    So now you are ready to give birth. hahahahaha

LL

Do you also teach Ickeo for defensive techniques? Also, do you teach handcuffing and searching? I remember those days. If you let go of the linking chain of the bad guy its an automatic failure. Also, if your perp is giving you a hard time, pulling up on the linking chain is a fun thing to do. lol

All League
    [quote][b]What is gods name were you thinking?? Not the smartest thing you&#39;ve ever done.
    [/b][/quote]

Whats good for the goose.... I think it is good for him to test it out. Without firsthand knowledge of how serious a weapon it is, how can he acuratly teach his students. I&#39;m sure he teaches them that they should only use it in extreme situations. Its kind of like how most guys won&#39;t resort to kicking other guys in the groin, because they know how much pain that causes.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 02:49 PM
    [b] Do you also teach Ickeo for defensive techniques [/b][/quote]
    "Ickeo gives you just enough knowledge to walk in to a hostile environment and get you ass kicked"

---My SF tech school instructor

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 02:50 PM
    [b] [quote][b]What is gods name were you thinking?? Not the smartest thing you&#39;ve ever done.
    [/b][/quote]

Whats good for the goose.... I think it is good for him to test it out. Without firsthand knowledge of how serious a weapon it is, how can he acuratly teach his students. I&#39;m sure he teaches them that they should only use it in extreme situations. Its kind of like how most guys won&#39;t resort to kicking other guys in the groin, because they know how much pain that causes. [/b][/quote]
    exactly, it should be mandatory for all instructors to get tazed

we all had to go through the tear gas, same thing...once you&#39;ve experienced it you will have a new respect for it and realize its effect, Guns will be teaching from a whole new perspective from now on, good for you man

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by AirForceJetFan+Jul 12 2004, 02:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (AirForceJetFan @ Jul 12 2004, 02:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Vinny025[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 02:49 PM
    [b] Do you also teach Ickeo for defensive techniques [/b][/quote]
    "Ickeo gives you just enough knowledge to walk in to a hostile environment and get you ass kicked"

---My SF tech school instructor [/b][/quote]
    what is ickeo?

is that Aikido?

I slipped & fell down a waterfall & shattered the bottom bone in my spine. that was one of few encounters with real pain that you speak of.

I agree that it was a noble thing to do since you are an instructer. I&#39;m sure you&#39;re a great one too based on your willingness to take one for the team