Thread: ot... computer help please

I have a macintoch ox 10.2.8 and use internet explorer. I can't open some emails I get sent because they come to me via wmv and various other formats. Its pretty annoying but I don't know how to download the right drivers,software or whatever to see this stuff can anyone help please??

jpeg & mpeg recieve ok

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by joewilly[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 02:45 PM
    [b] I have a macintoch ox 10.2.8 and use internet explorer. I can't open some emails I get sent because they come to me via wmv and various other formats. Its pretty annoying but I don't know how to download the right drivers,software or whatever to see this stuff can anyone help please??

jpeg & mpeg recieve ok [/b][/quote]
    PM Bob The Jets Fan

thanks guns.......... should I mention that I am far more liberal than conservative??

All League
    Charter JI Member

Actually, I'm not sure WHAT to do about that. I use Outlook at home, and it has refused to let me open some atttachments. I think Outlook Express lets you change that setting. I've been thinking of switching, but I don't run into that problem often enough to bother.

Here at work, I use a Mac, running 10.3.4. I use the Safari browser and the mail client that came with it. Maybe you could try switching email programs.

I think if you go to the Apple site they have a FAQ with ideas on how to configure your drivers to play WMV videos

LL

thanks ll & bob. Ill try the mac site

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

it's a hassle, but if you want to view WMV files that don't aoutmatically open in windows media player, you can copy the URL (i.e., [url=http://blahblahblah.com/blahblahblah)]http://blahblahblah.com/blahblahblah)[/url], then open windows media player, hit command-U, paste the url and hit return. that usually plays it.

fyi I ended up going to microsoft website & downloaded media player for macs & it worked!!! thanks again for your input guys

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by joewilly[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 05:36 PM
    [b] fyi I ended up going to microsoft website & downloaded media player for macs & it worked!!! thanks again for your input guys [/b][/quote]
    sorry, thoughy you had that already - some links still will not work, you'll get a page of garbled text - for those, go back and use mt tip above...