Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: who would you keep?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in a keeper league and 2 guys are joining it which means the rules are now changed and I can only keep 1 RB. Who would you keep:

Portis $30
    Jamal Lewis $13

We have $100 to spend on our team. I'm thinking I might keep Lewis (if he doesn't go to jail) and wait to see if Portis is picked up in the expansion draft for $30. If he isn't, I then get a chance to keep him again. I do also have Quentin Griffin for $1 but fear Hearst may get the starters job there.

So who would you keep?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dunno...thats a tough one...if lewis was a sure thing this year i think there wouldn't even be a question but because he isn't...i dunno. $30 for one player when only 100 is available is alot...but then again portis could have a huge year. if you are a risk taker i think you gotta keep lewis at only $13...if you wanna play it safe portis is the choice...at least in my thought process anyways...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Jul 13 2004, 04:45 PM
    I'm in a keeper league and 2 guys are joining it which means the rules are now changed and I can only keep 1 RB. Who would you keep:

Portis $30
    Jamal Lewis $13

We have $100 to spend on our team. I'm thinking I might keep Lewis (if he doesn't go to jail) and wait to see if Portis is picked up in the expansion draft for $30. If he isn't, I then get a chance to keep him again. I do also have Quentin Griffin for $1 but fear Hearst may get the starters job there.

So who would you keep?
    Keep Lewis ...at that price you have to gamble with him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lewis is cheap and Portis may not do as well in Washington as he did in Denver. I would take Lewis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The catch here is after the expansion draft is done, I can keep whoever. So perhaps I should ask the question that if you were just coming into the league and need to form the basis of a team, who'd you take? I can only lose 1 player to the expansion teams, so I may not lose anyone. So who is more tempting to them? RBs are slim pickings. LaDanian went for $36 last year and may be kept into this year.

Our draft will be right aroudn the time of Lewis's trial, which may put people off him. He could go to jail for 10 years. I think I may keep Portis and see if they want to gamble on keeping the potential jailbird. If they don't take him, I'll keep him.

My other question is who starts in Denver? Hearst or Griffin?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Jul 14 2004, 10:20 AM
    The catch here is after the expansion draft is done, I can keep whoever. So perhaps I should ask the question that if you were just coming into the league and need to form the basis of a team, who'd you take? I can only lose 1 player to the expansion teams, so I may not lose anyone. So who is more tempting to them? RBs are slim pickings. LaDanian went for $36 last year and may be kept into this year.

Our draft will be right aroudn the time of Lewis's trial, which may put people off him. He could go to jail for 10 years. I think I may keep Portis and see if they want to gamble on keeping the potential jailbird. If they don't take him, I'll keep him.

My other question is who starts in Denver? Hearst or Griffin?
    Never underestimate Hearst. The guy is going to do very well with Denver's OL.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    get Jamal, portis won't do so well with that shotty o line in washington

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The latest our Commish is suggesting is having the expansion draft be for guys at book value (or else they could land 3 $1 players and be loaded for the auction draft). That would make Jamal Lewis $28 and Portis $36, approx. I get to keep them at my value. Reckon I'll keep Portis at $30, see if anyone takes Lewis for $28, and if not I can keep him for $13.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up losing Jamal Lewis and was the biggest loser in the expansion draft. Oh well. Maybe he'll go to jail and I dodged a bullet.