Thread: Zarqawi not linked to Saddam or Bin Laden

American views of Mr. Zarqawi's relationship to Al Qaeda have varied. Secretary of State Colin L. Powell has described him as a Qaeda operative, but a senior American military official said recently that sources now indicated that Mr. Zarqawi was "a separate jihadist.''

Explain the letter intercepted recently in which Zarqawi wrote to Bin Laden that they were losing in Iraq.

Explain what Zarqawi was doing in Iraq before the war. Yup Saddam didn't know about terrorists from Jordan roaming around in his country.

Explain what Zarqawi was doing at UDAY's hospital after being injured in Afghanistan.

[quote][b] but a senior American military official said recently that sources [/b][/quote]

So your un-named/un-documented source is quoting an un-named/un-documented source?? Dude, that is weak.

How about a link at least to where you found this drivel?

lost the link..FRONT page of Yesterdays NYT

Veteran
    Bman

Still belive no connection

15:32 Follow-up on al-Zarqawi

Fox News reports that an anonymous senior defense official told Fox News that within the past several days, a courier had been intercepted inside Iraq bearing a message from Zarqawi to bin Laden. The official would not reveal the contents of the message or exactly when and where its bearer had been found.

15:24 Al-Zarqawi courier seized with message to bin Laden -- DJ, citing Fox News

you know what it said..
    It said "we are not against you!"..

it basically said we do not want to upstage you! ....

regardless..My whole point is that ONE man is still not valid reason for war...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money[/i]@Aug 2 2004, 03:36 PM
    [b] Bman

Still belive no connection

15:32 Follow-up on al-Zarqawi

Fox News reports that an anonymous senior defense official told Fox News that within the past several days, a courier had been intercepted inside Iraq bearing a message from Zarqawi to bin Laden. The official would not reveal the contents of the message or exactly when and where its bearer had been found.

15:24 Al-Zarqawi courier seized with message to bin Laden -- DJ, citing Fox News [/b][/quote]
    I'm not a big believer in Sky News all the time but they are reporting the following:

"US troops have surrounded the home of wanted Shi'ite Muslim radical leader Moqtada al Sadr in the Iraqi city of Najaf, according to reports. "

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 14 2004, 09:48 AM
    [b] FRONT page of Yesterdays NYT [/b][/quote]
    Nuff said.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[b]Suicide car bomb kills 4 at Iraqi checkpoint

U.S. official says Al-Zarqawi reaching out to bin Laden

Tuesday, August 3, 2004 Posted: 6:31 PM EDT (2231 GMT) [/b]

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Four Iraqi National Guardsman died and six were wounded Tuesday when a suicide car bomb rocked a checkpoint near the eastern city of Baquba, police said.

The suicide bomber was driving a 1979 Corona, and an Iraqi man believed to be involved in the attack was arrested, police said. Paperwork in the car indicated that the owner was Sudanese.

The bomber was seen following vehicles of U.S.-led multinational forces, and the car bomb was detonated as they passed the checkpoint in the city north of Baghdad.

The wounded guardsmen were evacuated to a multinational forces facility.

Last week, 70 people and dozens more were injured in a car bomb attack in Baquba. Police said the bomber drove a Toyota minibus into a marketplace near a police station, where would-be recruits were lined up outside, and detonated the explosives.

Report on al-Zarqawi
    Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has attempted to communicate with al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, a senior U.S. military official said Tuesday, citing "credible intelligence."

The official said al-Zarqawi, a Jordanian terrorist operating in Iraq, made the attempts to communicate within the last "few weeks."

Intelligence indicates al-Zarqawi was trying to communicate about his strategy in Iraq for the insurgency movement against U.S. and Iraqi security forces, the official said.

The official could not confirm whether the communications attempt came in the form of electronic or courier-carried messages that were intercepted.

Al-Zarqawi and his associates have taken credit for a number of deadly terror attacks and kidnappings in Iraq.

Last month a Web site message purportedly linked to al-Zarqawi warned Muslims and Arab countries against sending troops to Iraq.

The United States has put a $25 million bounty on al-Zarqawi.

zarqawi's attempt to communicate with bin laden was to tell him "we are not trying to out do you!"..
    either way, qeada and zarqawi's gropu are both terrorists.!! Both must die...

BUT Neither had a working relationship with the Godless Baath party of Saddam..

At this point, we need to stop haggling over who saddam was afiliated with...Al Zarqawi is a terrorist, OBL is a terrorist, remnants of the "Godless" baath party are using terro tactics in Iraq...

Terrorists=Terrorists=Terrorists

They need to be liquidated.

as far as reasons to go to Iraq....you know what, we are there now...too late to pull out...now we have to help them set up a stable gov't before we leave...if we dont we can see another taliban type society develop...

LL

i hear dat!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Aug 4 2004, 09:17 AM
    [b] zarqawi's attempt to communicate with bin laden was to tell him "we are not trying to out do you!"..
    either way, qeada and zarqawi's gropu are both terrorists.!! Both must die...

BUT Neither had a working relationship with the Godless Baath party of Saddam.. [/b][/quote]
    That's the first time I've heard that insipid excuse. were you helping transport the message?

go back and read it..It ACTUALLY says..we are not in competition with you!