Thread: Liberal Kerry: Willing to invade Sudan?

[quote][b]Sudan concerns

In a foreign policy tracked closely by blacks, Kerry said as president he would use “the full weight of American leadership” to help stop genocide in Sudan. A spokeswoman said that could include military force, but not as a first step.

“This administration must stop equivocating,” Kerry said.[/b][/quote]
    [url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5443142/]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5443142/[/url]

Since, as a registered Republican, I smack Bush around for his liberal, war hawking ways, it would only be fair to do the same to Kerry. In front of the NAACP today, peace loving Kerry all but promised Sudan would be a huge issue if he were to be elected. Kerry said using military force would be an option.

Does this seem sort of phony, when most Democrats are tearing into Republicans over war? He's against war when he's campaigning against Bush, but if it will help get votes, he'll start a new one in Africa :wacko:

Doesn't he remember the mess Clinton created in Somalia?........

If genocide is a problem, will he later invade Zimbabwe where white farmers are being brutally slaughtered and having their family farms seized by the gov't, or is that OK to him?

If not Zimbabwe, then were will he send troops next?

[quote][b]He noted the high unemployment rate for blacks, and said Bush had not done enough to improve education, the economy and civil rights for all Americans, including blacks.[/b][/quote]

That's a gem from Kerry. About a month ago, NY congressman Major Owens complained on RNN that immigration (particularly illegal) was leading black males in New York City to face an unemployment rate of 50 PERCENT!!!

Kerry&#39;s immigration policies are similar to Bush&#39;s, so this is nothing more than empty prattle.....As long as the gov&#39;t continues to allow millions and millions of newcomers a year into the U.S, the labor market for blacks (and all Americans) won&#39;t improve. It&#39;s a supply and demand thing <_<

Also, Kerry has always strongly supported visa worker programs like the H-1B Visa........This is in direct contrast to the congressional Black Caucus&#39; militant indifference towards the program :huh:

All Pro
    Yep, that plan of yours to boycott the reelection of the President is sure gonna make life in America so much better.

Kerry is downright laughable. This guy is such a joke.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 04:49 PM
    [b] Yep, that plan of yours to boycott the reelection of the President is sure gonna make life in America so much better. [/b][/quote]
    I wouldn&#39;t be boycotting jack spit, if there was a difference between the two candidates running for President <_<

Why don&#39;t they just ditch Edwards and Cheney and the loser gets to be VP? :rolleyes:

[b]This should be the upcoming elections official poster :[/b]

[img]http://www.homevideos.com/photoscomedy/dumb.jpeg[/img]

Kerry is a Putz who is actually starting to make Al Gore look good.

That&#39;s bad&#33;&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Someone said he made a statement this morning on the IMUS that AIDS is the biggest threat facing America.

I don&#39;t listen to Imus; could anyone clarify?

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 05:00 PM
    [b] I wouldn&#39;t be boycotting jack spit, if there was a difference between the two candidates running for President [/b][/quote]
    One or the other is going to win. And if you don&#39;t vote and take a side, you&#39;ve got nothing to ***** about when the smoke clears.

But that&#39;s the point, isn&#39;t it? Guys like you want to complain about the state of the country, but when it comes right down to it -- the only real change you can make, voting -- you pu&#036;&#036; out.

Then after November you can pat yourself on the back and give us all a big "see, I told you so".

If that&#39;s your idea of conservatism, then God help us all.

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb+Jul 15 2004, 04:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Spirit of Weeb @ Jul 15 2004, 04:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Riggins44[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 05:00 PM
    [b] I wouldn&#39;t be boycotting jack spit, if there was a difference between the two candidates running for President [/b][/quote]
    One or the other is going to win. And if you don&#39;t vote and take a side, you&#39;ve got nothing to ***** about when the smoke clears.

But that&#39;s the point, isn&#39;t it? Guys like you want to complain about the state of the country, but when it comes right down to it -- the only real change you can make, voting -- you pu&#036;&#036; out.

Then after November you can pat yourself on the back and give us all a big "see, I told you so".

If that&#39;s your idea of conservatism, then God help us all. [/b][/quote]
    Ummm I don&#39;t bother voting because I live in kanas and the likelyhood of a Democrat winning is about as likely as the Jets winning the division. I will ***** though because that&#39;s my right. :lol:

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 04:42 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Sudan concerns

In a foreign policy tracked closely by blacks, Kerry said as president he would use “the full weight of American leadership” to help stop genocide in Sudan. A spokeswoman said that could include military force, but not as a first step.

[url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5443142/]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5443142/[/url]

Since, as a registered Republican, I smack Bush around for his liberal, war hawking ways, it would only be fair to do the same to Kerry. In front of the NAACP today, peace loving Kerry all but promised Sudan would be a huge issue if he were to be elected. Kerry said using military force would be an option.

Does this seem sort of phony, when most Democrats are tearing into Republicans over war? He&#39;s against war when he&#39;s campaigning against Bush, but if it will help get votes, he&#39;ll start a new one in Africa :wacko:

Doesn&#39;t he remember the mess Clinton created in Somalia?........

If genocide is a problem, will he later invade Zimbabwe where white farmers are being brutally slaughtered and having their family farms seized by the gov&#39;t, or is that OK to him?

[quote][b]He noted the high unemployment rate for blacks, and said Bush had not done enough to improve education, the economy and civil rights for all Americans, including blacks.[/b][/quote]

That&#39;s a gem from Kerry. About a month ago, NY congressman Major Owens complained on RNN that immigration (particularly illegal) was leading black males in New York City to face an unemployment rate of 50 PERCENT&#33;&#33;&#33;

Kerry&#39;s immigration policies are similar to Bush&#39;s, so this is nothing more than empty prattle.....As long as the gov&#39;t continues to allow millions and millions of newcomers a year into the U.S, the labor market for blacks (and all Americans) won&#39;t improve. It&#39;s a supply and demand thing <_<

Also, Kerry has always strongly supported visa worker programs like the H-1B Visa........This is in direct contrast to the congressional Black Caucus&#39; militant indifference towards the program :huh: [/b][/quote]
    My belief is that Clinton&#39;s signal biggest failure was not intervening in Rwanda until 800,000 people were slaughtered. I have no problem being part of a coalition of peace keepers with authority to act in Darfur.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 06:42 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Sudan concerns

Does this seem sort of phony, when most Democrats are tearing into Republicans over war? He&#39;s against war when he&#39;s campaigning against Bush, but if it will help get votes, he&#39;ll start a new one in Africa :wacko:

Doesn&#39;t he remember the mess Clinton created in Somalia?........

If genocide is a problem, will he later invade Zimbabwe where white farmers are being brutally slaughtered and having their family farms seized by the gov&#39;t, or is that OK to him?

That&#39;s a gem from Kerry. About a month ago, NY congressman Major Owens complained on RNN that immigration (particularly illegal) was leading black males in New York City to face an unemployment rate of 50 PERCENT&#33;&#33;&#33;

Also, Kerry has always strongly supported visa worker programs like the H-1B Visa........This is in direct contrast to the congressional Black Caucus&#39; militant indifference towards the program :huh: [/b][/quote]
    Wait a minute, you mentioned Rhodesia, I mean Zimbabwe;

Whites being slaughtered for their "family" farms? Where did they get these farms from?? Did they buy them from someone? No&#33; The British gov&#39;t forcibly took them from their rightful owners at gunpoint and gave them to the white settlers. By the way, some of these "family" farms are as big as Central Park. Is it the fault of Zimbabweans that Britian and the U.S. reneged on an agreement to compensate the farmers for the land that they never had to pay for in the first place?

Those "farmers" are welcome to back "home" to England whenever they want to&#33;

How you can equate this with the potential genocide in the Sudan is really laughible. You have no problem invading Iraq but yet you have problem with a real "humanitarian mission". I guess you were also against our involvement in Bosnia and Kosovo.

You should really get your story straight, before you attack. If you&#39;ve read my posts in this forum, you&#39;d see I tear into the neo-cons all the time over this war in Iraq :blink:

As far as Zimbabwe, my point is very clear: What conflict do we get in next, which isn&#39;t our business?

By the way, how was the "humanitarian mission" in Somalia greeted back in the early 1990&#39;s?

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/october/4/newsid_2486000/2486909.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/s...000/2486909.stm[/url]

P.S: Since you have no mercy for the farmers having to violently pay for what others in their families "took" long ago, you might want know that these "farmers" basically fed the whole country.

Matter of fact, other African nations are begging these farmers to immigrate to their nations and bring their skills to feed the famined populations. Personally, if I was Zimbabwe farmer, I would left the continent and never given a care about it again.

[b]Isn&#39;t marxist retribution grand?[/b] Mugabe gets even, but millions and millions of Africans are being left to starve in brutal pain, as the farms waste away :rolleyes:

[url=http://www.fingaz.co.zw/fingaz/2004/July/July15/6023.shtml]http://www.fingaz.co.zw/fingaz/2004/July/J...ly15/6023.shtml[/url]

Let me guess, after Mugabe actions starve his own people, the U.S taxpayers will have to deal with feeding the people of Zimbabwe for years to come through the U.N <_<

P.S 2X: How&#39;s this for ironic: While these farmers of European decent are being "forcibly removed" from africa in a sort "ethnic cleansing" of Africa, the U.N is pleading for the Europe to take in millions and millions of impoverished, famined african refugees from places like Zimbabwe :wacko:

as long as force is a last response and not a first reponse i don&#39;t care what Kerry says about the Sudan.

he wants to toughen up his image that&#39;s fine... but talk and action are two very different things - Kerry knows the difference, but Bush is to simple to know that.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 17 2004, 09:51 AM
    [b] as long as force is a last response and not a first reponse i don&#39;t care what Kerry says about the Sudan.

he wants to toughen up his image that&#39;s fine... but talk and action are two very different things - Kerry knows the difference, but Bush is to simple to know that. [/b][/quote]
    Your posts are becoming more &#39;bman like&#39; every day.

I&#39;m not an expert on African politics, by any means. However, I do know this: Sudan has been embroiled in a 21-year civil war.

With that, it would be purely hypocritical of Kerry and the Democrats to take us to the brink of military intervention in Sudan, after all their retoric in regards to the middle-east. Like me, they should be consistent in their stance against military action.

Considering how bad the "humanatarian mission" was received in the Sudan in 1992, I don&#39;t think there is any reason to believe our troops would make any kind of difference in that region anyway. Sending troops in there is tantamount to asking for big trouble and Kerry knows it.

Also, whenever the U.S goes into these devoloping nations and uses even minimal force, we come out looking like imperialists. The U.S can&#39;t seem to win: Do nothing and your "racist"; step in with force, some will say you&#39;re "imperialist and racist" :o

A lot of the problems in Africa are caused by dictators that could care less about their people and the U.S won&#39;t change that anytime soon.

Kerry is a total fool if he gets the U.S knee deep in the Sudan. If him and his "towel boy" Edwards F&#39; that up, like Clinton F&#39;ed up Somalia, they&#39;ll incur the wrath of the American people on a major scale.

P.S: U.S wasn&#39;t supposed to use "force" in Somalia either.....But it wound up happening :wacko:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by NYJet94[/i]@Jul 16 2004, 11:46 PM
    [b]
    Whites being slaughtered for their "family" farms? Where did they get these farms from?? Did they buy them from someone? No&#33; The British gov&#39;t forcibly took them from their rightful owners at gunpoint and gave them to the white settlers. By the way, some of these "family" farms are as big as Central Park. Is it the fault of Zimbabweans that Britian and the U.S. reneged on an agreement to compensate the farmers for the land that they never had to pay for in the first place?

Those "farmers" are welcome to back "home" to England whenever they want to&#33;

How you can equate this with the potential genocide in the Sudan is really laughible. You have no problem invading Iraq but yet you have problem with a real "humanitarian mission". I guess you were also against our involvement in Bosnia and Kosovo. [/b][/quote]
    94 so I assume if a American Indian knocked on your Door and said
    this Land was taken from my people you would move out immediatly?? :rolleyes:

[quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Jul 17 2004, 03:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ Jul 17 2004, 03:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--NYJet94[/i]@Jul 16 2004, 11:46 PM
    [b]

How you can equate this with the potential genocide in the Sudan is really laughible. You have no problem invading Iraq but yet you have problem with a real "humanitarian mission". I guess you were also against our involvement in Bosnia and Kosovo. [/b][/quote]
    94 so I assume if a American Indian knocked on your Door and said
    this Land was taken from my people you would move out immediatly?? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Well Savage, considering my ancestors where brought here against their will as slaves, I could certainly appreciate his position. The difference is my ancestors have been here for over 300 years. Also, considering that my maternal great grandfather was Native American I might find myself talking to a distant relative. ;)

Also, a significant number of "farmers"settled in Zimbabwe after WWII. What "right" to the land do they actually have which is in the living memory of the original owners and inhabitants.

[quote][b]94 so I assume if a American Indian knocked on your Door and said
    this Land was taken from my people you would move out immediatly?? :rolleyes:[/b][/quote]
    From the response he came out with, I sure hope he&#39;d hand over land he had. Hey, fair is fair, right?

My main point regarding Zimbawe was the screwiness of some of these countries that want us to help out their messes. Things in Zimbabwe have never been perfect, but before the "ethnic-cleansing", the country and ALL it&#39;s people were in much better shape and had an oversupply of food, ect.

Today, the country is shell of what it was (which was nothing great to begin with), with famine and disease running rampant. Expect more and more violence to escalate there and eventually "Western Countries" will be asked to step in and help in some form <_<

Actually, if they didn&#39;t slaughtered or crippled, [b]Mugabe actually did the white farmers a major favor[/b] by getting them out of that sinking ship and into other, safer places around the world, while his own people starve by the millions.

Also, the while Europeans are being forced out of Zimbabwe at gunpoint, the UN is working overtime to get Western nations like Holland, France, England, Australia and Spain to accept millions of these people as refugees.........Hows that for irony? :wacko:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44[/i]@Jul 17 2004, 02:15 AM
    [b] You should really get your story straight, before you attack. If you&#39;ve read my posts in this forum, you&#39;d see I tear into the neo-cons all the time over this war in Iraq :blink:

As far as Zimbabwe, my point is very clear: What conflict do we get in next, which isn&#39;t our business?

By the way, how was the "humanitarian mission" in Somalia greeted back in the early 1990&#39;s?

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/october/4/newsid_2486000/2486909.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/s...000/2486909.stm[/url]

P.S: Since you have no mercy for the farmers having to violently pay for what others in their families "took" long ago, you might want know that these "farmers" basically fed the whole country.

Matter of fact, other African nations are begging these farmers to immigrate to their nations and bring their skills to feed the famined populations. Personally, if I was Zimbabwe farmer, I would left the continent and never given a care about it again.

[b]Isn&#39;t marxist retribution grand?[/b] Mugabe gets even, but millions and millions of Africans are being left to starve in brutal pain, as the farms waste away :rolleyes:

[url=http://www.fingaz.co.zw/fingaz/2004/July/July15/6023.shtml]http://www.fingaz.co.zw/fingaz/2004/July/J...ly15/6023.shtml[/url]

Let me guess, after Mugabe actions starve his own people, the U.S taxpayers will have to deal with feeding the people of Zimbabwe for years to come through the U.N <_<

P.S 2X: How&#39;s this for ironic: While these farmers of European decent are being "forcibly removed" from africa in a sort "ethnic cleansing" of Africa, the U.N is pleading for the Europe to take in millions and millions of impoverished, famined african refugees from places like Zimbabwe :wacko: [/b][/quote]
    Just because Somalia didn&#39;t work out didn&#39;t mean now sit on the sidelines and watch hundreds of thousands of people die.

On your other point, I have a question for you. Before the British came to Zimbabwe, how were the Zimbabweans living? I believe they were eating just fine, thank you. If you don&#39;t understand colonialism and neo-colonialism I don&#39;t have the time to explain it to you. However, I suggest you read Walter Rodneys&#39; seminal work, "How Europe UnderDeveloped Africa".

Or maybe you can read about the Berlin Conference and learn how the continent was carved up in the first place with no regard to religion, ethnicity, culture etc. Add to that the continued exploitation of Africa&#39;s resources, the result of IMF and World Bank policies and the result has been the constant conflicts, civil wars etc.

I am not excusing African leaders from their own role nor do I want over simplify what has been a very complex situation. My main point is if it is okay to send troops to stop genocide in Bosnia, then we can also send them to the Sudan. If we can invade Iraq to "liberate" them, than we can also help countries that really need our help.

If the west did not impose economic sanctions on Zimbabwe maybe millions would not be starving. You can&#39;t have it both ways. The U.S. and Britian and others have been trying to force Mugabe from power for years and the ones who suffer are the ordinary africans.

Well 94, looks like you go much farther back in your knowledge of Africa, so I guess [b]you win[/b] the argument on Zimbabwe :o

Perhaps, Europe and Africa should come to an agreement, 94: All the colonialist whites should leave Africa. Meanwhile, all the Africans should leave Europe and never try to enter those nations if they are black*?

Would that be "fair", or is it just the whites that should leave Africa, while millions of africans can still stay in "white nations" like France, Holland, Spain, ect?

Anyway, I can see you got to see what you wanted in Zimbabwe: Whites driven out of Africa. Now, in time, I&#39;m sure things will go back to pre-colonial days. These nations have plenty of resources, so I bet they&#39;ll be more than self-sufficent in the future. So much so, they won&#39;t have to deal with racist "west" anymore.

Personally, like I said, Mugabe did the farmers a major favor driving them out of a nation that has almost zero future and is rife with crime and AIDS (the AIDS pandemic is the fault of the whiteman too, right?)

Also, I guess Zambians are "sellouts" in your mind for accepting these white farmers from Zimbabwe, right? ;)

Thanks man, your responses were really "enlighting"....

P.S: As a discouraged, registered Republican I&#39;m totally against the neo-con "occupation" of Iraq. We should&#39;ve gotten retribution for 9-11 against Afganastian and Saudi Arabia (15 hi-jackers were from SA), but F&#39; the nation building and liberating of the Iraqi&#39;s. It&#39;s obvious too many don&#39;t want the help anyway.

[url=http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/world/7952645.htm?1c*]http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/...7952645.htm?1c*[/url]