Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NY Jets Broadcasts Go............

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

New York Jets and Radio WADO (1280 AM) Announce Partnership to Broadcast Games in Spanish
    Jul 15, 2004

New York – The New York Jets and Radio WADO 1280, the leading Spanish language AM station, today announced a partnership in which WADO will serve as the official Hispanic play-by-play station of the Jets. Under the new partnership, the Jets and WADO will also implement a series of initiatives in the Hispanic community. Veteran Spanish radio personality Clemson L. Smith Muniz will broadcast the games from the Meadowlands.

This marks the sixth season of Jets’ games in Spanish and second on WADO. As part of their Hispanic community outreach, the Jets and WADO will kickoff “Futbol Fiesta” this fall, which will include a bilingual football clinic at the team’s training complex and in New Jersey at the Meadowlands. The Jets and WADO will also host the “Futbol Fiesta Finale,” featuring a musical performance by a Latino artist in New York City.

New York Jets President Jay Cross was joined on the steps of City Hall by Univision Radio-NY Sales Manager Rick Hernandez and several public officials, including Assemblyman Jose Rivera, Bronx Democratic Chairman; Assemblyman Peter Rivera, Chairman of the New York State Assembly Puerto Rican/Hispanic Task Force; Bronx Assemblyman Luis Diaz; Brooklyn Assemblyman Felix Ortiz; and Queens Assemblyman Jose Peralta. The Jets were also joined by Clemson L. Smith Muniz and Olympic boxing champion Jose Torres (1956 Silver).

Jets President Jay Cross said, “The Jets remain committed to our Hispanic fans. Through our partnership with WADO, we will continue to reach out to the Hispanic Community with our game broadcasts, and innovative programs and events.”

Cross continued, “We are also excited about the progress we continue to make toward realizing the New York Sports and Convention Center. The NYSCC will create a unique opportunity to help secure the long term economic future of New York City and to create equity through opportunity. We are pleased to have the support of so many public officials in the Hispanic community, who recognize the benefits this project will create for all New Yorkers.”

“WADO is truly excited to become the official Hispanic radio play-by-play station of the New York Jets,” said Hernandez. This direct partnership will provide our listeners with more than just live play-by-plays – it will give them the opportunity to actively participate in a series of community outreach events such as football clinics, concerts and more.”

Assemblyman Peter M. Rivera said, "The Hispanic community has waited a long time for this type of partnership to form. I applaud both WADO and the Jets for working together to enrich our community through sports and entertainment. I am also here today to endorse the proposed New York Sports and Convention Center. For New York City, it means we can finally host the biggest conventions and sports events -- the Final Four, World Cup Soccer, the Super Bowl - and maybe even the Olympics.”

Queens Assemblyman Jose Peralta said, “This is an historic moment for WADO and the New York Jets. We expect the Jets to become a neighbor who does more than build a stadium but who becomes an integral part of our community. Today’s announcement is a good indication of the type of neighbor we can expect the Jets to be.”

"New York City's greatness has been built with the perpetual motion of hard work inspired by larger than life goals that have been accomplished,” added Rivera. “The idea behind the new Jets stadium will mean employment opportunities for thousands in our communities. It means developing an area of our City long since abandoned and neglected. It means moving our City into the future with state-of-the-art sports and convention facilities that are fitting to the greatest metropolis in the world. This is an opportunity for New Yorkers to embrace the type of creative energy that will continue to make our City a hub of economic activity needed to maintain our fiscal stability."

The Hispanic community is the fastest growing demographic in the United States and in particular in New York City which is home to more than four million Hispanics. It is also one of the fastest growing fan bases for football. The Jets are committed to creating programs that address our current Hispanic fan base, and increase involvement in the game of football.

Let me just add that all the Hispanics I know love the Jets and watch the games...

My Dad LOVES the Jets even though he learned the rules with me....as I grew up...

LL

Veteran
    es muy bien

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Yo No Hablo inglesh

stupid, people from other countrys need to be fed english 24 hours a day, not having a substitute for every damn show on tv and radio. it is pathetic

[quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 05:34 PM
    [b] stupid, people from other countrys need to be fed english 24 hours a day, not having a substitute for every damn show on tv and radio. it is pathetic [/b][/quote]
    YOU ARE A JERK...REALLY....SERIOUSLY....

Some people understand English but would prefer to listen to a broadcast in their native language. Obviously your lack of tact or candor should take no one by surprise as your past posts have leaned that way.

Too bad they dont broadcast in STUPIDITY because then you'd understand the game better

LL

[quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer+Jul 15 2004, 05:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (latinlawyer @ Jul 15 2004, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 05:34 PM
    [b] stupid, people from other countrys need to be fed english 24 hours a day, not having a substitute for every damn show on tv and radio. it is pathetic [/b][/quote]

Some people understand English but would prefer to listen to a broadcast in their native language. Obviously your lack of tact or candor should take no one by surprise as your past posts have leaned that way.

Too bad they dont broadcast in STUPIDITY because then you&#39;d understand the game better

LL [/b][/quote]

WAAA WAA WAA. stop jumping to conclusions. there are soo many spanish speakers that do not speak english in america, and they are not surrounded by english in their homes because there is pretty much a spanish substitute for every damn show on tv and now the radio.

Too bad, this is america. people need to learn english, and having a spanish substitute for every damn show won&#39;t make it easier. immigrants that came over in the 1950&#39;s and around that time didn&#39;t have such a luxury like this, so they were always surrounded by english speaking shows on tv, and eventually they learned the language.

[quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54+Jul 15 2004, 06:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ErIcBaRtOn54 @ Jul 15 2004, 06:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -latinlawyer@Jul 15 2004, 05:51 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 05:34 PM

Too bad they dont broadcast in STUPIDITY because then you&#39;d understand the game better

LL [/b][/quote]

WAAA WAA WAA. stop jumping to conclusions. there are soo many spanish speakers that do not speak english in america, and they are not surrounded by english in their homes because there is pretty much a spanish substitute for every damn show on tv and now the radio.

Too bad, this is america. people need to learn english, and having a spanish substitute for every damn show won&#39;t make it easier. immigrants that came over in the 1950&#39;s and around that time didn&#39;t have such a luxury like this, so they were always surrounded by english speaking shows on tv, and eventually they learned the language. [/b][/quote]
    WAH? Jumping to conclusions??? In reality, by the way you express yourself, you do not understand the Immigrant experience. DO you think the Italians and the Germans learned English in one year or two? NO....thjey didnt..they struggle and learned a form of broken english that was useful in their business life. Would they have learned English if they had alternatives in their own language...HELL YES&#33; Why? Because it helps their earning potential.

You are a short sighted racist jerk who has no understanding of the immigrant experience in America. Its clear as day that you hate the fact that shows are broadcast in Spanish within the USA. Well, guess what..get used to it...because the Spanish market is the largest growing market in the USA. AND these new Immigranst are learning the language faster than the previous generations. If they choose to watch a baseball game in Spanish or a football game in Spanish...so be it. It is America and speaking another language is not a crime...unless you are a racist.

LL

"they didnt..they struggle and learned a form of broken english that was useful in their business life. Would they have learned English if they had alternatives in their own language...HELL YES&#33;"

you&#39;re not very smart. that isn&#39;t true. trust me, I know many german and italian immigrants that came over here, and most of them learned their language from watching tv IN ENGLISH

if they had the opportunity to have the shows in their own language

1. they would not have learned the langue as well
    2. it would have taken much more time to fully understand the english languages, and conversations.

get a clue

All Pro
    es caliente&#33; muy caliente&#33; 100 today..este es no bueno. me ha&#33;
    (its HOT&#33; very hot&#33; 100 today. this is no good...man&#33;)

AND ANOTHER THING

hispanic adults that come over here not knowing english will have it REALLY REALLY hard to learn the english language because they are adults and they do not soak things in as well as small children. and more then likely, because of having a spanish substitute for everything, they will never have a true understanding of the english language

children is a different story, if a kid under 10 or so that is hispanic comes over here with little or no knowledge of english, will likely fully understand the language before they turn 15, but adults will take a MUCH longer time to learn, assuming they do.

[quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 06:28 PM
    [b]"they didnt..they struggle and learned a form of broken english that was useful in their business life. Would they have learned English if they had alternatives in their own language...HELL YES&#33;"

you&#39;re not very smart. that isn&#39;t true. trust me, I know many german and italian immigrants that came over here, and most of them learned their language from watching tv IN ENGLISH

if they had the opportunity to have the shows in their own language

1. they would not have learned the langue as well
    2. it would have taken much more time to fully understand the english languages, and conversations.

get a clue[/b][/quote]
    HAHAHAHA...Please...you a need to wake up and smell the roses...

You think these people learned English by solely watching TV? Man, you need to unplug and see what is out there. These immigrants worked hard and when they arrived home they were dead tired....what about the Immigrants who arrived in the 1900&#39;s the ITALIANS AND THE GERMANS.....they had NO TV....however, the entreprenurial (whoa..tough word for you...go look it up) immigrants created native language products and newspapers to cater to these new immigrants. They learned English on the JOB.

Obviously, EB you haven&#39;t studied History...because if you did you would retract your racist statements.

LL

I would stfu LL, my uncle was an immigrant and he told me that not only did he learn the language mostly from watching the tv, but alot of his friends did also.

I never said they soley learned it from tv, so don&#39;t put words in my mouth like you like to do.

I said they learned most of the english language from tv

I am not gonna continue this discussion with you because you don&#39;t seem to understand what I am talking about......................................................

[quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 06:32 PM
    [b] AND ANOTHER THING

hispanic adults that come over here not knowing english will have it REALLY REALLY hard to learn the english language because they are adults and they do not soak things in as well as small children. and more then likely, because of having a spanish substitute for everything, they will never have a true understanding of the english language

children is a different story, if a kid under 10 or so that is hispanic comes over here with little or no knowledge of english, will likely fully understand the language before they turn 15, but adults will take a MUCH longer time to learn, assuming they do. [/b][/quote]
    Ok so basically you are saying that Hispanic Adults should not even bother coming here because they will never learn English. Man, that is DOUBLY racist.

Immigrants come here to work. My parents came here in 1969...they worked their tails off....because of them I am an Attorney at a huge financial services corp. and my brother has an NYU MBA and works for Deloitte. You on the other hand has shown himself to be ill advised and ill read. You were probably the kid at the back of the class who was "socially" promoted...

Its too bad you can&#39;t pick up a book because then you can read up on how the Immigrants survived and helped build this country you racist...

LL

[quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 06:36 PM
    [b] I would stfu LL, my uncle was an immigrant and he told me that not only did he learn the language mostly from watching the tv, but alot of his friends did also.

I never said they soley learned it from tv, so don&#39;t put words in my mouth like you like to do.

I am not gonna continue this discussion with you because you don&#39;t seem to understand what I am talking about...................................................... [/b][/quote]
    Under your stupid vision...your uncle would never have been allowed in this country. You have to be the dumbest and short sighted poster I have ever read on this board. Its obvious that you wont continue this debate as to debate you should have valid points and you have none.

Maybe what you are saying is that only people that immigrated from Meepos or whatever country your uncle was from should have the liberty to come here. Damn that is so ass backards....

LL

[quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer+Jul 15 2004, 06:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (latinlawyer @ Jul 15 2004, 06:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 06:36 PM
    [b] I would stfu LL, my uncle was an immigrant and he told me that not only did he learn the language mostly from watching the tv, but alot of his friends did also.

I am not gonna continue this discussion with you because you don&#39;t seem to understand what I am talking about...................................................... [/b][/quote]
    Under your stupid vision...your uncle would never have been allowed in this country. You have to be the dumbest and short sighted poster I have ever read on this board. Its obvious that you wont continue this debate as to debate you should have valid points and you have none.

Maybe what you are saying is that only people that immigrated from Meepos or whatever country your uncle was from should have the liberty to come here. Damn that is so ass backards....

LL [/b][/quote]
    Basically your whole point of view is based on what your uncle told you. damn, you have learned nothing in school. How did the Italians and other immigrants before TV learn English if the TV wasn&#39;t available?

LL

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 06:36 PM
    [b] I would stfu LL, my uncle was an immigrant and he told me that not only did he learn the language mostly from watching the tv, but alot of his friends did also. [/b][/quote]
    Haha, I can totally see EricBarton&#39;s uncle being like those Japanese dudes in "Better Off Dead", the one&#39;s who learned english by watching Wide World of Sports with Howard Cosell.

[b]"Now you tell me which is better: speaking no English at all or speaking Howard Cosell?"[/b]

All Pro
    Cousin Larry, don&#39;t be Reedeeculous&#33;&#33;

your being a retard LL, you don&#39;t understand what I say, and you don&#39;t like it, so you call me a racist.

:rolleyes:

Rookie
    this is like watching the Seinfeld with the Bubbleboy. . .

"MOORS&#33;"

"MOOPS&#33;"

"ITS MOORS&#33;&#33;&#33;"

"the card says MOOPS&#33;"