Thread: Frankenstein And The Breck Girl....

What a difference only a few months makes. To listen to John Flippin Kerry you'd think that John Edwards was the greatest thing since sliced bread! I mean you've got these guys running around hugging the crap out of each other so much that the trees they normally hug are feeling left out! But that's not how it used to be and probably still is. You see thanks to the Democratic Primary months ago, we can see what Kerry really thinks of the hero to all Slip and Fall ambulance chasers... ...THE BRECK GIRL! (John Edwards) One doesn't have to be a psychic to see what Kerry's true motives are here.... He went with the polls on this one, picking a one term senator who's soon to lose his seat because he can't win in his own state.. He could have made a better choice, but instead went with a guy who's hair is as stiff as he himself is... The following quotes are from Kerry and various spokespeople in his campaign. They are all directed at the BRECK GIRL! VP Pick Lunacy , in their own words...

On Health Care..

Kerry Criticized Edwards On Health Care. “‘Most importantly, I do something John Edwards doesn’t do, which is make health care available to every single American family,’ [Kerry] said. ‘It doesn’t do a lot of good to just have kids covered and, as often is the case, not have the parents covered, because the kids wind up still not getting to the doctor.’

On Taxes

Kerry Questioned Edwards’ Stance On Bush Tax Cut. KERRY: “Also, John Edwards, I notice, voted to give life to George Bush’s tax cut, because he voted for the first round of that tax cut. I did not. I always thought it was a pig in the poke.” ABC’s GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: “He voted against the final package.” KERRY: “He voted against the final passage, but he gave it life by sending it to the Republican House.”

On Special Interest Ambulance Chasers

Kerry Campaign Accused Edwards Taking Special Interest Money . “If Mr. Kerry himself unswervingly took the high road, his spokeswoman, Stephanie Cutter, did not hesitate to rebut the criticisms by Dr. Dean and Mr. Edwards in the sharpest tones. Of Mr. Edwards, Ms. Cutter said: ‘If his intent is to remove special interests from Washington, why has he, as a member of the Judiciary Committee, taken more than $11 million from lawyers and law firms?’”

EXPERIENCE:

Kerry Attacked Edwards’ Maturity And Experience; ‘When I Came Back From Vietnam…I Don’t Know If John Edwards Was Out Of Diapers Then.’ “‘In the Senate four years – and that is the full extent of public life – no international experience, no military experience, you can imagine what the advertising is going to be next year,’ Mr. Kerry said. With a grin, he added: ‘When I came back from Vietnam in 1969 I don’t know if John Edwards was out of diapers then. Well, I’m sure he was out of diapers.’”

He Can't Win His Own State.

Kerry Said “He Can’t Win His Own State.” “A moment later, after the interview was over, in an aside that his aides insisted had not been intended for public consumption, Mr. Kerry mocked Mr. Edwards’s claim that he was the strongest Democrat the party could put up against Mr. Bush because he was from the South. ‘Edwards says he’s the only one who can win states in the South,’ Mr. Kerry said to a senior aide, David Wade, in a remark that was picked up by a reporter’s microphone. ‘He can’t win his own state.’”

The list of Bush's major policy U-turns is as audacious as it is long.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    By Arianna Huffington

July 15, 2004 | Presidential or pathological? That is the highly provocative question being asked in "Bush on the Couch," a new book in which psychoanalyst and George Washington University professor Justin Frank uses the president's public pronouncements and behavior, along with biographical data, to craft a comprehensive psychological profile of Bush 43.

It's not a pretty picture, but it goes a long way in explaining how exactly our country got itself into the mess we are in: an intractable war, the loss of allies and international goodwill, a half-trillion-dollar deficit.

Poking around in the presidential psyche, Frank uncovers a man suffering from megalomania, paranoia, a false sense of omnipotence, an inability to manage his emotions, a lifelong need to defy authority, an unresolved love-hate relationship with his father, and the repercussions of a history of untreated alcohol abuse. Other than that, George Bush is the picture of psychological health.

One of the more compelling sections of the book is Frank's dissection of what he calls Bush's "almost pathological aversion to owning up to his infractions" -- a mind-set common to individuals Freud termed "the Exceptions," those who feel "entitled to live outside the limitations that apply to ordinary people."

Limitations like, for instance, not driving while drunk. Or the limitation of having to report for required Air National Guard duty. Or the limitation of having to adhere to international law.

And it doesn't help one outgrow this sense of entitlement when Daddy and his pals are always there to rescue you when you get in trouble -- whether it's keeping you out of Vietnam by bumping you to the top of the National Guard waiting list or bailing you out of lousy business deals with cushy seats on corporate boards or making sure the votes in Florida (just another limitation) aren't properly counted.

But you don't make it as far as W. has without some psychological defenses of your own -- especially when it comes to insulating yourself against your own fears and insecurities.

Raised in a family steeped in privilege and secrecy, and prone to the intense aversion to introspection and denial of responsibility that are the hallmarks of a so-called dry drunk -- one who has kicked the bottle without dealing with the root causes of the addiction -- Bush has become a master of the psychological jiujitsu known as Freudian Projection.

For those of you who bailed on Psych 101, Freudian Projection is, according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, a defense mechanism in which "the individual deals with emotional conflict or internal or external stressors by falsely attributing to another his or her own unacceptable feelings, impulses or thoughts."

In layman's terms, it's the soot-stained pot calling the kettle black.

On the 2004 campaign trail, it's the pathologically inconsistent Bush attempting to portray John Kerry as a two-faced flip-flopper.

It's become the Bush-Cheney campaign mantra. GOP talking points 1 through 100. The president's go-to laugh and applause line:

"Sen. Kerry has been in Washington long enough to take both sides on just about every issue," chided Bush at a spring fundraiser. "My opponent clearly has strong beliefs, they just don't last very long." Ba-da-boom! (Incidentally, how is this consistent with Bush's other contention, that Kerry is a rock-ribbed liberal?)

Or as Dick "Not Peaches and Cream" Cheney ominously put it at a Republican fundraiser: "These are not times for leaders who shift with the political winds, saying one thing one day and another the next."

I couldn't f---ing agree more, Mr. Cheney. But it's your man George W. who can't seem to pick a position and stick to it. He's reversed course more times than Capt. Kirk battling Khan in the midst of the Mutara Nebula. Gone back on his word more times than Tony Blundetto. Flip-flopped more frequently than a blind gymnast with an inner-ear infection.

The list of Bush's major policy U-turns is as audacious as it is long. Among the whiplash-inducing lowlights:

In September 2001, Bush said capturing bin Laden was "our No. 1 priority." By March 2002, he was claiming, "I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I really don't care. It's not that important."

In October 2001, he was dead set against the need for a Department of Homeland Security. Seven months later, he thought it was a great idea.

In May 2002, he opposed the creation of the 9/11 commission. Four months later, he supported it.

During the 2000 campaign, he said that gay marriage was a states' rights issue: "The states can do what they want to do." During the 2004 campaign, he called for a constitutional ban on gay marriage.

Dizzy yet? No? OK:

Bush supported CO2 caps, then opposed them. He opposed trade tariffs, then he didn't. Then he did again. He was against nation building, then he was OK with it. We'd found WMD, then we hadn't. Saddam was linked to Osama, then he wasn't. Then he was ... sorta. Chalabi was in, then he was out. Way out.

In fact, Bush's entire Iraq misadventure has been one big, costly, deadly flip-flop:

We didn't need more troops, then we did. We didn't need more money, then we did. Preemption was a great idea -- on to Syria, Iran and North Korea! Then it wasn't -- hello, diplomacy! Baathists were the bad guys, then Baathists were our buds. We didn't need the U.N., then we did.

And all this from a man who, once upon a time, made "credibility" a key to his appeal. (Well, in his defense, he's never lied about oral sex.)

Now, God knows, I have no problem with changing your mind -- so long as you admit that you have and can explain why. But Bush steadfastly -- almost comically -- refuses to admit that there's been a change, even when the entire world can plainly see otherwise. He's got his story and he's sticking to it. But that darn Kerry, he keeps shifting his positions!

At the end of his analysis, Frank offers the following prescription: "Having seen the depth and range of President Bush's psychological flaws ... our sole treatment option -- for his benefit and for ours -- is to remove President Bush from office."

You don't need to be a psychiatrist to heartily second that opinion.

All Pro
    [i]I actually did vote for the $87 billion, before I voted against it.[/i] - Beast, of Beauty and the Beast.

Gotta love them dem talking points -- throw sh*t at the wall and see what sticks.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    The Breck Girl!

:lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Always know the intellectual ammo of the Left is getting weak when they trot out Arriana, who identifies with Kerry, as she too married well to a rich Republican, took and kept his name and denied he was gay.Until the divorce came, when he tearfully admitted huis true feelings. Heck, her own children practically disowned her when she toyed with the idea of running for governor. In the end, she kept the name and half the money. This less-than-brilliant pundit couldn't even figure out her husband played for the other team, and that's what the Left considers thoughtful and intelligent. Apparenly Whoopi and Barbra were busy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Jul 17 2004, 08:14 PM
    [b] Always know the intellectual ammo of the Left is getting weak when they trot out Arriana, who identifies with Kerry, as she too married well to a rich Republican, took and kept his name and denied he was gay.Until the divorce came, when he tearfully admitted huis true feelings. Heck, her own children practically disowned her when she toyed with the idea of running for governor. In the end, she kept the name and half the money. This less-than-brilliant pundit couldn't even figure out her husband played for the other team, and that's what the Left considers thoughtful and intelligent. Apparenly Whoopi and Barbra were busy. [/b][/quote]
    What's funny here Bugg is that you are unable to defend the actual FACTS and INFORMATION in the article, so you slam the writer for her personal life and political leanings. Political Oriented Hatred at it's best.

Fact is, ALL politicians flip-flop. They all turn their backs on promices they've made to get elected. They all screw the middle class. And they all lie all the damn time if it is to their advantage.

And You know what Weeb, for someone who is a walking "Talking-Point" for the Extreme Right part of the Conservative party, the irony in your post is extremely amusing. Of course, you won't see it that way at all, because the Right is Holy and Morale and the Left are, as CBTNY puts it, nothing but Rats, Subhumans, worthy only of.....hmmmm......maybe a Nice Republican run Concentration Camp for Leftists. Put those Rats in their place, right Weeb.

Some of you are so blinded by your political ideology and extremeism that you simply cannot see the truth when it sits right in front of you. If you think Bush is any more honest or steadfast than Kerry, you are only kidding yourself. As a Politician, Bush (like Kerry and all other Politicians) will do and say whatever it takes to get himself, and his party, re-elected.

The only difference is that Bush's beliefs are slightly better (IMO) than Kerry's. That is all.

California's #1 golddigger-opportunist and high-class whore has shown her true colors......Ariana Huffington made her money by marrying an open homo just because he was a billionaire and who incubated two of his kids to ensure she'd get her grubby Greek claws on a bunch of his cash ...

What a low-grade skid-mark of a human being she is..... She's about as popular as a hemmorhoid, ....

Go the f@ck back to Greece and herd some sheep, you filthy slut......

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jul 17 2004, 08:38 PM
    [b] If you think Bush is any more honest or steadfast than Kerry, you are only kidding yourself. [/b][/quote]
    You're right. We're just splitting hairs.

Bush isn't a commie fink and Hanoi John is.

Hall Of Fame
    Address her points, eh?

"Raised in a family steeped in privilege and secrecy, and prone to the intense aversion to introspection and denial of responsibility that are the hallmarks of a so-called dry drunk -- one who has kicked the bottle without dealing with the root causes of the addiction -- Bush has become a master of the psychological jiujitsu known as Freudian Projection."

Did Arianna do an extensive interview with W on the couch? Does she have any such credentials? Are you frickin' serious to believe this odius goldigger has a point? It's all psycho gobblygook, and unless a. she a trained psychotherapist or pyschologist(which she's not) and b. has examined W extensively(which she hasn't), this is complete bullspit, though some one is paying her for this syndicated gibberish. They have to wrap the fish in something. She knows no more about Preisident Bush's mind and psyche than she does about rocketry, field turf or nuclear physics. By the same token, we know facts about John Kerry, but damned if you, me or anyone knows what's going on in his head. I wouldn't let this woman clean the toilet, and apparently her children feel likewise.

And this to libs is an authority. Okay.

supporters of the president love to attack the source

post an article? ok but don't post the author (like hick did in the first post of the threat)

that way you can't talk s**t about the author

i got news for you guys a person can be a flithy slut and still be correct about politics... what someone does in the offseason is not my concern... GOPers are more obsessed about who is getting blowjobs then the actual future of the country

Hall Of Fame
    Does Arriana know if sometime around 40 Bush woke up, realized his wife would leave him if he kept drinking and quit, or was there more to it than that? You don't know, I don't know and she doesn't know either. So for he to draw any conclusions without training or information is silly. Heck, I can think of any number of people who gave up booze or drugs and how they handled such problems are as different as the people. And some of those folks are close friends and family, and still I can't tell you for sure what's going on in their minds. Theories about people's minds abound. But unless you're a professional and have had the person as a patient, it's no better than gossip. Clinton and Nixon must be two cases were obviously there was a lot going on under the surface. But you don't know. So to post an article but a known a-hole chock full of pop psychology is ridiculous. Attack Bush for the policies you disagree with. But having Arriana probing his pysche as a probative source is pathetic.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [quote][b]Attack Bush for the policies you disagree with[/b][/quote]

Nice words Buggs. I trust that I can fully expect YOU will stand up and shout the next time Weeb or CBTNY or any other Extreme Right Conservative posts a thread related to John Kerrys Looks, his Wife's wealth, his daughters clothes, his haircut or other non-issue topics. Lord knows, YOU wouldn't be hypocritical in this regard, right?

Right? :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 18 2004, 11:38 AM
    [b] supporters of the president love to attack the source

post an article? ok but don't post the author (like hick did in the first post of the threat)

that way you can't talk s**t about the author

i got news for you guys a person can be a flithy slut and still be correct about politics... what someone does in the offseason is not my concern... GOPers are more obsessed about who is getting blowjobs then the actual future of the country [/b][/quote]
    Aren't you the one who always whines about distraction by bringing up Clinton?

Are making the claim that Arianna Huffington has the credentials to make the psychlogical analaysis she babbles credible?

Is that the claim?