Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Bad language in Rap songs

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Peoria, Ill. - (AP) Ten year old Bucky McNigault walked up to his mother and said [b]"B*tches aint sh*t but hoes and tricks, lick moneys' nuts and suck the d*ck".[/b] Upon hearing this, the mother destroyed the Chronic cd the youngster had recieved and called the police. The police responded to the call for help believing it was an emergency and instead told the frightened woman to call her senator." [/b][/quote]

That is funny...hahahha I grew up listening to Doc Dre in college...wholly inappropriate for a 10 yr old though..

LL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the mothers fault for not paying attention to what her kid was listening to.

Pretty funny though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Double post.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    too f*&^*&n funny...

and I don't see nothing wrong with a 10 year old havin The Chronic...I had nasty as we wanna be by 2 live crew in 6th grade.....

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way should that stuff be banned but on the same token you should have a liscense before you can become a parent.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer[/i]@Jul 16 2004, 06:27 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Peoria, Ill. - (AP) Ten year old Bucky McNigault walked up to his mother and said [b]"B*tches aint sh*t but hoes and tricks, lick moneys' nuts and suck the d*ck".[/b] Upon hearing this, the mother destroyed the Chronic cd the youngster had recieved and called the police. The police responded to the call for help believing it was an emergency and instead told the frightened woman to call her senator." [/b][/quote]

That is funny...hahahha I grew up listening to Doc Dre in college...wholly inappropriate for a 10 yr old though..

LL [/b][/quote]
    [quote][b]When we contacted Bucky, he responded "Yo, I gotsta keep da hoes in check, keep ya pimp hand strong."[/b][/quote]

That whole thing is a riot. Bucky is a straight pimp in the middle of Peoria Illinois...hahahaha

LL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There has always been cursing in rock music, and drug and sex refrences. And they were inappropriate for children. And at least most of them could actuaully play instuments and sing.

But nothing from rock is on the scale of the illiterate gibberish of some rap. I know some of you like it. But the bulk of it is kareoke junk. And it's fair bet that the 10-year old isn't splitting the atom or curing cancer. Rap is just another brick in the wall of a dumbed-down society. Kids have enough negative influences. It's like entertainment conglomerates don't want children to have a childhood.

As to some of you childless or with little kids, wait until your adolesent sits around listening to rap guys on MTV. Then you will understand what a disgrace this is.

Put it this way-at a time in my career I had the occasion to see Chris Wallace, aka Biggie Smalls in court. ANd he was just a big fat stupid drug-dealing crybaby.There wasn't any bravado, or cool. Just a big dope. And look what happened to him. If that's the junk you want to embrace and celebrate, just acknowlege where it ends up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    biggie smalls was arguably the greatest rapper of all time

people that say rock is somehow better than rap need to take a step back and consider their words

rockers and rock have been responsible for a ton of bad music and bad examples

no one hears real underground hip hop, its a whole sub-genre that gets no radio airplay - guys like Mos Def, Talib Qwail, Del tha Funky Homosapien etc were underground way before they were even semi-bankable - that hip hop is intelligent and socially reponsible,

you want to blame someone blame the comglomerates like wal-mart and clear channel that decided that America likes it's negroes cussin and "bad"

as a genre there are many great rappers... as a commercial entity what gets put out as mainstream is a pile of doo doo

can't say any different for rock tho alot of that stuff is crap as well

all im saying is bugg just cause you don't hear any good rap doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh yea it's funny, it's hysterical... disrespecting women and teaching kids to do the same....

wouldn't be so funny if they were disrespecting hispanics or some other ethnic group now would it? no, y'all would be up in arms shouting, screaming.....but women, yea it's a joke....

and who's fault is that? the woman's (mother)

f'in morons

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I saw your greatest rapper ever firsthand in the early 1990s, and he was a scared common criminal. Can't disagree that there were any number of rockers that were and are bad guys. But the Doors and the Grateful Dead didn't have shootouts or feuds. And you know what happened to Wallace. And while it's never been proven, it's clear that a cadre of Suge Knight pals who were corrupt gang bangers who somehow got on LAPD murdered Wallace. Tupac-same crap, different bag. He was actually concieved in a courtroom holding cell while his Black Panther father was on trial for murdering a cop. The rotten apple doesn't fall far from the diseased tree.

Again, wait until your children are old enough to watch this crap, and you'll see things a little different.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should bad language be banned in songs?? No!
    Should ten yr olds be walking up to their mother's and singing this to them??
    Hell, NO!!!
    Does the child need to learn when, where and to whom (if anyone) that it's appropriate to sing to, with or at??? Hell, YEAH!!
    I would have never gotten away with saying sh!t like that to my mother or father. Man, they would have kicked my ass, all up and down 75th st between Jamaica Ave and Atlantic Ave.
    Parenting! It's called parenting! Teach them to respect! It starts at an early age!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    First, I HATE (and I mean HATE, with all the aggressive dislike the word implies) 99.9% of Rap/R&B Music. Beyond Public Enemy, Cypress Hill and Ice-T, I wouldn't listen to any of that stuff.

Second, there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that Rap, or any other Music form, should be banned or limited in any way IMO. Freedom of Speech is one of the most important things in the USA and it includes stuff I dislike, like Rap Music.

Know what should be banned: Stupid Arse parents too stupid, ignorant, busy or uncaring to monitor what their children are doing. THIS has been the problem all-along. Parents don't bother to monitor their kids, then get rightiously pissed off when the find out the kids, in the absence of parenting, has found something like Rap, or Metal before it, or TV Shows like Married With Children to keep them entertained.....

And the Stupid, ignorant, busy, uncaring parents answer? Nope, not better, more responsible parenting (cause that means more work for them). Nope, these fools decide that the offending material should be banned from all the world. Nice.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one is looking to ban anything. If you're of age and wish to watse your money on idiots "singing' about *****es, hos, copkillers, drug dealers, 40s and uzis, knock yourself out.

But you can't watch your kids 24/7, no matter how vigilant you are. And record companies and MTV are making money by knowingly selling garbage to adolescents and teenagers. They're marketing social poison to impressionable kids. Disprepect for authority, instant gratification and poormouthing of education are not qualities that will serve anyone well.

Crosby is right, and that crosses racial lines. We are creating the first generation that will be less educated than it's parents. And these companies are enabling it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Jul 17 2004, 02:34 PM
    [b] If you're of age and wish to watse your money on idiots "singing' about *****es, hos, copkillers, drug dealers, 40s and uzis, knock yourself out.

[/b][/quote]
    man, its entertainment....everything in this world doesnt have to be enlightening.

Parents should take control, if you dont want them listening to Jay -Z dont let them buy the music.

I listened to alot of rap growing up, and I seem to have morals.

Yeah, rap sucks right now and its getting so repetitive it isnt funny...but these rock musicians arent saints either.

Most of them do enough coke to freeze the Pacific ocean