Thread: Mattells new doll

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [img]http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/gallery/2002/12/17/Xedwards.jpg[/img]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a hunch, but I think that if your daughter went to the community wading pool and had 90 percent of her intestines sucked out of her a**hole by a faulty pool drain, you'd want some sort of compensation. I think that tort reform and clogging the courts with frivolous lawsuits would be the last thing on your mind.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    True enough. But that sounds like a shooting fish in a barrell/ground ball of a case. And he took 1/3 plus expenses off the top. It's nice if unpleasant work if you can get it, but not exacly heroic.

The nonsense suits he filed alleging birth defects from not doing a c-section are pretty shaky. While the number of c-sections have risen in fear of just such lawsuits, there's been no drop in the birth defects he claimed the c-section deliveries should hav prevented. If you like ridiculous car, life and homeowner insurance bills and lousy medical care due to doctors more worried about being sued rather than caring for patients, vote for Frankenberry and the Prom King . Pretty soon in New Jersey, you'll have to go out of state to have a baby delivered anyway, and this doesn't seem to bother the Dems(if only they could whisper "Machiavelli" into McGreevey's ear). You don't think any tort reform is in order?

Tom The Nader Fan™
    The Lakey's walked away with unprecedented millions. I'm sure they would trade it all in if they could restore their daughter to health. No amount of money will ever compensate that family for it's loss.

Slip and Fall walks away with his intestines intact [i]and[/i] the money. And the gleeful satisfaction of having been in the right place at the right time to take advantage of that kids pain and suffering.

Nice f**king guy, that Harry Mitchell.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Mike Dayton, who watched Edwards' career while working as the editor of the North Carolina Lawyers Weekly, said that Edwards' clients "were almost to a person these catastrophically injured or killed plaintiffs. They're certainly sympathetic in their own right, and it's hard not to feel the pain of those people and want to do right by them." - "The GOP war on trial lawyers" Tim Grieve, Salon.com 7/13/04.

So Tom, if you were diagnosed with testicle cancer, and the doctor removed the wrong nut, you'd be cool with that? I mean you're a man of priciple, not like me, a left wing, American hating, appeaser. I guess you would not want to clog the courts with a frivolous suit, or maybe you'd be happy with a cap on malpractice....say....five thousand dollars. You already have a kid, you don't need working testicles. Five thousand dollars might be too much in your case.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 03:11 PM
    [b]
    So Tom, if you were diagnosed with testicle cancer, and the doctor removed the wrong nut, you'd be cool with that? I mean you're a man of priciple, not like me, a left wing, American hating, appeaser. I guess you would not want to clog the courts with a frivolous suit, or maybe you'd be happy with a cap on malpractice....say....five thousand dollars. You already have a kid, you don't need working testicles. Five thousand dollars might be too much in your case. [/b][/quote]
    What if my aunt had balls?

She'd be my uncle.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [What if my aunt had balls?]

You'd probably call her a lot more than you do now.

[img]http://www.kirby-holt.com/images/Right_Hand_Pictures/vlakey.jpg[/img]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [What if my aunt had balls?]

She'd own the only pair in the JetMoses family tree.

[img]http://www.kirby-holt.com/images/Right_Hand_Pictures/vlakey.jpg[/img]

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 10:30 PM
    [b] [What if my aunt had balls?]

She'd own the only pair in the JetMoses family tree.

[img]http://www.kirby-holt.com/images/Right_Hand_Pictures/vlakey.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    Please.

If I hit you in the chin, John Kerrys 4 incher would snap off in your throat. Do us all a favor, and brush your teeth already. The smell of jiz is making me nauseous. Christ, I have to open a friggin' window.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got rid of my Wetteland avatar. Now I have Valerie Lakey. You remember her don't you Tom?

"On a summer evening in 1993, David Lakey took his little girl swimming at a recreation center in Raleigh, N.C. Valerie Lakey was 5 years old, a good swimmer, and she and her friends liked to splash around in the children's wading pool that stayed open a little later than the big pool where they usually swam.

That's what Valerie was doing when a nearby mom heard her call out for help. Valerie was sitting on the bottom of the shallow pool, and the suction from the drain was holding her down. David Lakey raced to free his daughter but couldn't. Other parents jumped in the water to help, but they couldn't get Valerie loose. Valerie was scared, and she began to say that her stomach hurt.

Time passed, and somebody figured out how to turn off the pool's pump. The suction broke, and Valerie was released from its grip. But as David Lakey pulled his daughter from the water, blood and tissue filled the pool. Valerie's intestines had been sucked out. "

Tom The Nader Fan™
    So when does the countdown start for Kerry/Edwards to cart the girl with the colostomy bag out on stage during the DNC?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

[b]YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED![/b]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a horrible story. But where exactly in that story does Edwards become a hero? As a lawyer, I have some friends who could qualify for that-it's a living. But not grounds to be president. I'd be more inclined to see the doctors and EMTS who treated her as heroes that the ambulance chaser.Edwards has no use for doctors unless he can soak an insurance company for some nonsense "negligence". Which is why the health care situation in this country is in trouble. This is the big selling point?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys as an atty, being a personal injury atty is a living..it can make you wealthy. Is it heroic...i would say no. But the atty is the person in charge of recovering some compensation from a tortfeasor. Now, heroes are those that do it for no compensation....guys who risk their life for nothing....guy who runs into burning building and the such....

Would i call any PI atty a hero..no. Just doing his job.

LL

That beiong said, I like Edwards..he is the only one outta kerry, bush and cheney that is likeable...