Farrah Fawcett in her prime?

[img]http://tvadv.com/models/farrah.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Tom The Nader Fan™[/i]@Jul 18 2004, 09:47 PM
    [b] Farrah Fawcett in her prime?

[img]http://tvadv.com/models/farrah.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    I had that poster in my room when I was a kid!!!! She had nice nipples.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you ask Valerie Lakey. As you know, she was the five year old girl who became disemboweled by a pool drain. Edwards got her 25 mil to help her defray the cost of a lifetime of colostomy bags and feeding tubes. She can't eat food again Tom....ever. I guess however in your world, trial lawyers are only good if they're going after Clinton or helping Bush get the Presidency. If they're trying to help a little five year old girl that has to s**t in a bag for the rest of her life, well then, they're Johnny slip and fall and all kinds of other vile crap.

[img]http://www.monkeytime.org/LakeyImages/LakeyFamily.jpg[/img]

Tom The Nader Fan™
    The Lakey's were awarded 25 million dollars.

What was Slip and Falls cut? I'm sure he didn't do it pro bono, right? That makes him a hero? Amassing wealth on a childs pain and suffering?

A cheap holiday in other peoples misery.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Gobbles, What happend to that child is horrible!! Tom's remarks were geared toward the common abuse of the system that happens so often today. In the case you referred to they should have more than 25 MIL. They should be entitled to corrective surgery when the technology becomes available for her to be able to live a normal life again.

Yes the time will come when there will be a procedure available to restore her ability to eat like anyone else again.

The problem today is Trial Lawyers sue for anything even trivial stuff that shouldnt be in the courts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [What was Slip and Falls cut? I'm sure he didn't do it pro bono, right? ]

From what I understand there Tucker the Nader Fan, Edwards' FIRM made 1/3, 8 million and some change. Edwards got his cut from that. Since he works on a contingency basis he could very well have gotten nothing. It's interesting how you expect democrats to work for free but you don't ask Republicans to do the same thing, such as asking Cheney to return his Haliburton pension so that the pentagon can be charged less for gas and food and s**t like that. Dick Cheney must hate America and the troops.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 08:53 AM
    [b] [What was Slip and Falls cut? I'm sure he didn't do it pro bono, right? ]

From what I understand there Tucker the Nader Fan, Edwards' FIRM made 1/3, 8 million and some change. Edwards got his cut from that. Since he works on a contingency basis he could very well have gotten nothing. It's interesting how you expect democrats to work for free but you don't ask Republicans to do the same thing, such as asking Cheney to return his Haliburton pension so that the pentagon can be charged less for gas and food and s**t like that. Dick Cheney must hate America and the troops. [/b][/quote]
    Oh there's a shiny bauble.

Now I'm distracted.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]The problem today is Trial Lawyers sue for anything even trivial stuff that shouldnt be in the courts.[/b][/quote]

The get your Conservative friends together and change the laws. While I do agree that 90% of these frivilous lawsuits should be thrown out day one, it is the responsibillity of the legislature to protect our court system from such things. And last I checked, ~50% of our Legislature is Republican.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 09:57 AM
    [b] [quote][b]The problem today is Trial Lawyers sue for anything even trivial stuff that shouldnt be in the courts.[/b][/quote]

The get your Conservative friends together and change the laws. While I do agree that 90% of these frivilous lawsuits should be thrown out day one, it is the responsibillity of the legislature to protect our court system from such things. And last I checked, ~50% of our Legislature is Republican. [/b][/quote]
    50% don't cut it when Trial Lawyers are the biggest contributers on the other side of the aisle.

Can you say special interest?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper+Jul 19 2004, 10:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Piper @ Jul 19 2004, 10:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Warfish[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 09:57 AM
    [b] [quote][b]The problem today is Trial Lawyers sue for anything even trivial stuff that shouldnt be in the courts.[/b][/quote]

The get your Conservative friends together and change the laws. While I do agree that 90% of these frivilous lawsuits should be thrown out day one, it is the responsibillity of the legislature to protect our court system from such things. And last I checked, ~50% of our Legislature is Republican. [/b][/quote]
    50% don&#39;t cut it when Trial Lawyers are the biggest contributers on the other side of the aisle.

Can you say special interest? [/b][/quote]
    Special Interets work both ways though Piper. Certainly, the Republican party has their own share of special interests groups that hurt the average American at the benifit of those groups.

But again, I DO agree that our Legal system does need a bit of an overhaul regarding these kinds of suits.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Jul 19 2004, 10:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Jul 19 2004, 10:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Piper@Jul 19 2004, 10:46 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Warfish[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 09:57 AM

50% don&#39;t cut it when Trial Lawyers are the biggest contributers on the other side of the aisle.

Can you say special interest? [/b][/quote]
    Special Interets work both ways though Piper. Certainly, the Republican party has their own share of special interests groups that hurt the average American at the benifit of those groups.

But again, I DO agree that our Legal system does need a bit of an overhaul regarding these kinds of suits. [/b][/quote]
    And do you think having a trial attorney as VP will help with that overhaul?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I don&#39;t. But I don&#39;t bash him for that, I would bash him because he belives in policies I don&#39;t, like the entire Liberal Democrat platform, LOL&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 11:26 AM
    [b] No, I don&#39;t. But I don&#39;t bash him for that, I would bash him because he belives in policies I don&#39;t, like the entire Liberal Democrat platform, LOL&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Now, I suspect that if I had done that, you would lump me in with those sheep-like followers of Bush that I&#39;ve seen you mention ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper+Jul 19 2004, 02:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Piper @ Jul 19 2004, 02:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Warfish[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 11:26 AM
    [b] No, I don&#39;t. But I don&#39;t bash him for that, I would bash him because he belives in policies I don&#39;t, like the entire Liberal Democrat platform, LOL&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Now, I suspect that if I had done that, you would lump me in with those sheep-like followers of Bush that I&#39;ve seen you mention ;) [/b][/quote]
    Not at all Piper&#33; If you said he sucked because he likes Welfare, Big Government, is Pro-Abortion, Anti-Gun Ownership, Anti-Death Penalty and is weak on International issues, I would say "WOW&#33; Finally, someone crushing Kerry for the RIGHT reasons&#33;"

:D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Jul 19 2004, 02:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Jul 19 2004, 02:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Piper@Jul 19 2004, 02:32 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Warfish[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 11:26 AM
    Now, I suspect that if I had done that, you would lump me in with those sheep-like followers of Bush that I&#39;ve seen you mention ;) [/b][/quote]
    Not at all Piper&#33; If you said he sucked because he likes Welfare, Big Government, is Pro-Abortion, Anti-Gun Ownership, Anti-Death Penalty and is weak on International issues, I would say "WOW&#33; Finally, someone crushing Kerry for the RIGHT reasons&#33;"

:D [/b][/quote]
    I hate pointing out the obvious. The Edwards angle is relatively new due to his selection as VP candidate. It&#39;s just more evidence to add to those you mention.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 08:53 AM
    [b] It&#39;s interesting how you expect democrats to work for free but you don&#39;t ask Republicans to do the same thing, such as asking Cheney to return his Haliburton pension so that the pentagon can be charged less for gas and food and s**t like that. Dick Cheney must hate America and the troops. [/b][/quote]
    What&#39;s really interesting is the recent revelations about all that UN Oil for fraud money supporting the terrorists in Iraq who are killing our troops.

I won&#39;t hold my breath waiting for Slip and Fall and Frankenkerry to call the UN out on that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://www.bartcop.com/db040717.gif[/img]