Thread: Michael Moore

I didnít see the movie, but have seen "Roger and Me" and "Bowling for Columbine" and greatly admired both of them. But most of my admiration comes from the content and his effort to make a good documentary. However, with 9/11 I donít think I will leave with the same impression. I donít like the fact that this is being viewed treated like a movie and less like a documentary. Movies are supposed to be "entertaining" in some way, yet they market it to movie fans and deliver something far more dangerous. I think people need to be very, very careful walking out of there with their opinion changed on Bush. There isnt an opposing viewpoint, it isnt delivered in a balanced fashion and im not sure that most people understand anything about editing equipment (i.e. he can "cut and paste" whatever suits him).

I donít entirely agree with Michael Moore's political slant or his motives. He obviously has a bone to pick with Bush and not all presidents.

Hall Of Fame
    You [i]greatly admired[/i] Roger & Me and Bowling?? Yikes.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 10:21 AM
    [b] You [i]greatly admired[/i] Roger & Me and Bowling?? Yikes. [/b][/quote]
    Yes, because I agreed with the message and I thought there was some "fair" balance. I just donít like the fact that this one is packaged as "movie theater entertainment" when it is a slanted, devisive hate piece on the president. You know how addle-brained you average movie go can be. They have no power to process information on their own and they will walk out of there screaming and cursing at Bush while being emotionally manipulated.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TampaT+Jul 19 2004, 10:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TampaT @ Jul 19 2004, 10:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 10:21 AM
    Yes, because I agreed with the message and I thought there was some "fair" balance. I just donít like the fact that this one is packaged as "movie theater entertainment" when it is a slanted, devisive hate piece on the president. You know how addle-brained you average movie go can be. They have no power to process information on their own and they will walk out of there screaming and cursing at Bush while being emotionally manipulated. [/b][/quote]
    You don&#39;t think Bowling or R & M were also manipulative?

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Jul 19 2004, 10:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Jul 19 2004, 10:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -TampaT@Jul 19 2004, 10:29 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--jets5ever[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 10:21 AM
    Yes, because I agreed with the message and I thought there was some "fair" balance. I just donít like the fact that this one is packaged as "movie theater entertainment" when it is a slanted, devisive hate piece on the president. You know how addle-brained you average movie go can be. They have no power to process information on their own and they will walk out of there screaming and cursing at Bush while being emotionally manipulated. [/b][/quote]
    You don&#39;t think Bowling or R & M were also manipulative? [/b][/quote]
    Yes, but not as dangerous. They were still presented as "documentaries". Your average citizen hears the "buzz" about this killer documentary and they collectively yawn. But this "cant miss" FILM (thatís right, documentary is no longer used) generates lots of publicity for the mindless masses.

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TampaT[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 09:55 AM
    [b] I think people need to be very, very careful walking out of there with their opinion changed on Bush. [/b][/quote]
    Not mine.

I thought Bush was an idiot before and after seeing the movie....didn&#39;t change my opinion :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by R. Tyme+Jul 25 2004, 03:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (R. Tyme @ Jul 25 2004, 03:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TampaT[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 09:55 AM
    [b] I think people need to be very, very careful walking out of there with their opinion changed on Bush. [/b][/quote]
    Not mine.

I thought Bush was an idiot before and after seeing the movie....didn&#39;t change my opinion :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Well aren&#39;t you deep and thoughtful...

Hall Of Fame
    Didnt think B for C was bad? Maybe you need to read this...[url=http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html]Truth about Bowling for Columbine[/url]