Thread: Higher Education?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    From TongueTied.com:

The Ann Arbor News reports that students attending the University of Michigan next fall will pay 2.8 percent more in tuition than they did this year and get even less for their money.

A budget approved for fiscal 2004-2005 includes some 122 job cuts, including 40 faculty positions, and reduced library hours. School officials say they are working hard to preserve their core academic mission.

Not to worry, though. There will be spending increases in some areas.

There is money in the budget for an annual Native American celebration, coordinators for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and multi-ethnic student affairs programs and for repairs and programs at the Trotter Multicultural Center.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The beauty of a free market dictates that nobody has to go there, and if they do then they get what they get.

40 University professors being out of work doesn't bother me in the least.

You wouldn't believe the deal many of them have.

Would you believe six figures for 11 hours of work per week?

[quote][i]Originally posted by Piper[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 02:44 PM
    [b] The beauty of a free market dictates that nobody has to go there, and if they do then they get what they get.

Would you believe six figures for 11 hours of work per week? [/b][/quote]
    Exactly...free market. If you dont like it go to another school where they wont piss away your money. I hear U of Penn or Princeton calling...

LL

Hall Of Fame
    I HATE free market capitalism. HATE IT!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 02:44 PM
    [b] The beauty of a free market dictates that nobody has to go there, and if they do then they get what they get.

You folks Amaze me. Simply Amaze me. You guys don't see any problem with this? None at all?

OK, who am I to be negative about an issue you all support. :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Jul 19 2004, 03:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Jul 19 2004, 03:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Piper[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 02:44 PM

40 University professors being out of work doesn&#39;t bother me in the least.

You wouldn&#39;t believe the deal many of them have.

You folks Amaze me. Simply Amaze me. You guys don&#39;t see any problem with this? None at all?

OK, who am I to be negative about an issue you all support. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Warfish - we [i]all [/i]see a problem with it. I think you are misunderstanding the replies....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I must Jets5....maye I am just confused today....after all, I have been debating like 6 people in six different threads here all day today.......

Maybe I need a break, eh? :D

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 03:35 PM
    [b] I must Jets5....maye I am just confused today....after all, I have been debating like 6 people in six different threads here all day today.......

Maybe I need a break, eh? :D [/b][/quote]
    I was going to say something about that&#33; I can barely keep track of all of them as an observer, I don&#39;t know how you managed to keep replying to everyone....

You&#39;ve been holding your own, though....