Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Yzerman incident/late I know

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts on Yzerman are nothing but sadness and a ton of anger. Not mad at the incident, thatís just bad luck, but I cant believe all the stoic rhetoric coming from the Wings about playing for their Captain because hes always been there in the clutch and then watch the frustration mount as they shoot one 50 ft slap shot after another.

Sadness because that shouldnít happen to anyone, but moreover, his career is one year at a time and with the impending lockout and his subsequent injury, im afraid that my last vision of him will be seeing him writhing in pain on the ice. I guess id like to see him go off at the end of any game, clean out his locker and call it a career. He has 4 daughters and im sure his family very much wants him home and healthy.

End of an era, it really is. The team will not look the same next year. Hull leaving is a certainty and Shanny calls for 6.5 million next year but thatís just too much for him at this part of his career. He came in 94 to bring a Cup to Detroit and bless him for that. He will retire in the Hall of Fame a Wing, just wont end his career here.

Oh, by the way, the Wings weak link (Cujo) ended with a 4-5 record with a phenomenal 1.6 gaa and a .95 save %. You offer that to ANY team prior to the playoffs and they would jump at that everytime.

Yeah, im miffed a bit and sad as well. Its been a great run for them, it really has.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh man, what a depressing thread. But really, with me being a Flyers fan, I have enough of my own problems. Recchi gone.....Roenick hit in the head once too often......Zhamnov/Malakov testing free agency....Leclair never producing when it we need it.....no goalie--and don't give me crap about Esche being Da Man--he ain't.

Can't wait til September 15th...the date of the lockout. Please....no hockey this season. I can't bear any more disappointment. Being a Jets fan is hard enough.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Jul 20 2004, 12:35 PM

Can't wait til September 15th...the date of the lockout. Please....no hockey this season. I can't bear any more disappointment. Being a Jets fan is hard enough.
    ESPN will be able to broadcast more NBA games thanks to this great lockout B)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Jul 20 2004, 12:35 PM
    oh man, what a depressing thread. But really, with me being a Flyers fan, I have enough of my own problems. Recchi gone.....Roenick hit in the head once too often......Zhamnov/Malakov testing free agency....Leclair never producing when it we need it.....no goalie--and don't give me crap about Esche being Da Man--he ain't.

They are screwed and you should look at all the guys that Boston has dumped as well. Hockey is in trouble, my friend. The saddest part is not that there will be a lockout and the season will start late (or not at all) but that nobody (press included) is really going to care. I donít know what it will take to fix the game. I honestly believe that scoring is an issue, but other than that, I find it to be a great game to watch.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure what it's gonna take to fix hockey, either...but something surely needs to be done. TampaT, you're right, lack of scoring is an issue, but I prefer it the way it is. Defensive, low-scoring games.

806: Yep, guess it's time to start brushing up on my basketball since that's all that will be on.

I won't be upset if there's a lockout. I am all hockeyed out after we lost to Mr. Lecavalier..aarrrggghhhhh.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Jul 21 2004, 07:22 AM
    I won't be upset if there's a lockout. I am all hockeyed out after we lost to Mr. Lecavalier..aarrrggghhhhh.
    Always screwed by a Vinny triple G.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TampaT+Jul 21 2004, 07:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TampaT @ Jul 21 2004, 07:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gang Green Girl@Jul 21 2004, 07:22 AM
    I won&#39;t be upset if there&#39;s a lockout. I am all hockeyed out after we lost to Mr. Lecavalier..aarrrggghhhhh.
    Always screwed by a Vinny triple G. [/b][/quote]
    Amen&#33; The only difference is that I would WELCOME Lecavalier on my team.