Thread: No sweat stains under kerry's armpits

All Pro
    [SIZE=3][b]Botox Approved to Curb Underarm Sweating [/b][/SIZE]

AP Tuesday, July 20, 2004

WASHINGTON — It's now official: Wrinkle-smoothing Botox can be injected in the armpits to curb excessive sweating.

On Tuesday, the Food and Drug Administration approved the long-expected new use of Botox, the latest in a range of conditions to be treated by this weakened form of the food-poisoning toxin that causes botulism.

People with a condition called "primary axillary hyperhidrosis" produce four or five times the amount of underarm sweat as is normal. There are various treatments, including powerful antiperspirants, drugs to prevent sweat gland stimulation, even surgery on those glands.

Botox apparently temporarily paralyzes a nerve that stimulates sweat glands. In one study, 91 percent of patients who received Botox underarm injections saw their sweating cut in half in a month, compared with 36 percent of patients given salt-water injections.

Patients can get additional injections every few months. FDA cited one study that found the average duration of response was just under six months.

Before receiving Botox, patients should be checked for other causes of the sweating problem, such as an overactive thyroid, to avoid Botox treatment masking a potentially serious disease, FDA cautioned.

Side effects include injection site pain and bleeding, sweating in other parts of the body, flu-like symptoms, headache, fever, itching and anxiety, FDA said.

Dermatologists have long offered Botox to hyperhidrosis sufferers, but FDA approval means maker Allergan Inc. now can advertise the use. Allergan says price varies geographically but the average cost is $750 for both arms.

[b]Imagine that -- it will cost him less than one of his haircuts![/b]

Honestly all joking aside..Kerry will rip bush a new a-hole during the debates..There's no way that bush can stand next to kerry intellectually...also, the third debate is supposed to be a town hall style debate where the audience can ask questions of each candidate...WE all know BUsh CANNOT handle this type of debate..he will be a mumbling idiot...The bush team has yet to agree to this type of debate! not surprising, he's always been a coward..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 20 2004, 02:28 PM
    [b] Honestly all joking aside..Kerry will rip bush a new a-hole during the debates..There's no way that bush can stand next to kerry intellectually...also, the third debate is supposed to be a town hall style debate where the audience can ask questions of each candidate...WE all know BUsh CANNOT handle this type of debate..he will be a mumbling idiot...The bush team has yet to agree to this type of debate! not surprising, he's always been a coward.. [/b][/quote]
    Bush is clearly not very articulate.

But only a nitwit draws the conclusion that makes him dumb.

And I have yet to see any evidence that John Kerry is an intellectual heavyweight.

Unfortunately for Kerry, these debates are often heavily moderated, and will also open up his record as Senator to heavier scrutiny. Not something he wants.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Didn't he request a fourth purple heart for breaking a sweat?

"What'd you break, soldier?"

"A sweat, sir. May I lie down?"

[b] Honestly all joking aside..Kerry will rip bush a new a-hole during the debates..There's no way that bush can stand next to kerry intellectually...also, the third debate is supposed to be a town hall style debate where the audience can ask questions of each candidate...WE all know BUsh CANNOT handle this type of debate..he will be a mumbling idiot...The bush team has yet to agree to this type of debate! not surprising, he's always been a coward.. [/b][/quote]
    Actually Bush tore Gore a new one in the 2000 debates. Gore had a big lead in the polls prior to the debates. I expect the same will happen this year.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Gore screwed that up for himself. Instead of smiling and getting his message out, he shrugged, and sighed and grimaced at the unbelievable crap coming out of Gee Dubya's piehole.

Instead of coming off as the clearly superior candidate that he was, he came off as a mean guy who was picking on the retarded little man next to him.

Kerry won't make that mistake.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Jul 20 2004, 03:12 PM
    [b] Gore screwed that up for himself. Instead of smiling and getting his message out, he shrugged, and sighed and grimaced at the unbelievable crap coming out of Gee Dubya's piehole.

Instead of coming off as the clearly superior candidate that he was, he came off as a mean guy who was picking on the retarded little man next to him.

Kerry won't make that mistake. [/b][/quote]
    You hope Kerry wont make that mistake...but in actuality, he will probably be worse. At least people knew where Gore stood on certain issues...he got killed because he had no personality. Where does Kerry stand strong on really anything?

You can hate Bush all you want, but to be confident in Mr. Flip-flop is setting yourself up for a great fall. And you thought Gore looked like a baby on stage? Kerry gets aggravated when reporters ask him things he cant answer; imagine what is going to happen when a little controversy is brought up to Kerry...

[img]http://cheryl.dewolfe.bc.ca/baby/crying.jpg[/img]

Bush will need some sort of kitchy catch phrase......watch he will say something irreverent that will make people laugh and make him look likeable. Its a popularity contest....especially when both candidates have flaws...

LL

Nah, Kerry is total DULLSVILLE, man! He'll have America fast asleep midway through the 2nd debate.

John 'Nuance' Kerry!

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Jul 20 2004, 04:12 PM
    [b] Kerry won't make that mistake. [/b][/quote]
    I'm sure every boring-America with a stick up their a$$, will just be on pins and needles when he speaks.

Does it have anything to do with Botox or the fact that Kerry, along with most liberals, shaves his pits???????

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

John Kerry uses
    [img]http://www.pg.com.hr/press/download/secret.jpg[/img]