Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Warfish I don't hate anyone?? I respect Bit ,Bob or any other
    poster's opinion that's different from mine! One thing with the
    Libs is at least their Consistant in what they believe..You just
    like to walk a tightrope and piss on both sides..I'm sure everyone
    here knows your Act by now.. When you look at the larger
    Compaign Ad's the Dem's run the Worst one's..There was a time
    when Men like HST and JFK were leaders I would have voted for..
    FDR died when I was a Baby..LOL If JFK Jr would have lived to enter
    Politic's, I would have been interested in what he said..There are still
    good Dem's out there but they are forced by the Clinton Wing of the
    party to obey or face isolation...Rather than comment on your so called
    negatives of the Con's or Lib's why not post what you think..Your way
    to young to try and school most of us...

All Pro
    I have one statement to make in response to your questions:

Way back to the time of Nixon, Ford and Reagan, wimpy conservatives kept mum while the left bashed away.

It's been years of being labelled bigots, racists, homophobes, anti-woman, anti-education and anti-elderly while the left burned their bras, burned their flags, gutted the military and gutted our national security.

Now the battle has been joined my liberal-friend-in-moderate-clothing and you don't like it. Tough.

You may now continue with your little farce...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jul 20 2004, 05:16 PM
    [b] Just to be clear, I am not "acting" or "trying to school" or "Trick" anyone. I am reacting to and questioning the language I see used in almost every post by posters like Weeb, CBTNY, You Sav, Chiefs, JetMo/Naderfan, Hick and a number of others.

It makes no difference to me if you dislike me for asking the question, to be honest. I can only react to the language you use in your posts.

If you refuse to answer the question, that is fine. Lord knows the world won't end, and i certailky won't die for lack of your answer. But what other conclusion can I take from a non-answer like these except to think that you feel the Extreme Right Conservatives such as the posters I mentioned, Right-Wing Radio, and the Republican party are NOT at fault at all for the divissiveness of todays Political System. I can only assume you feel the Right is 100% correct, and the Left 100% wrong and worthy of your hatred.

If you really feel my question is 100% invalid, just say so and why and I'll delete it. No skin off my back. [/b][/quote]
    Ok I'm calling you on it..Show me one post of mine where I used
    1 negative word on anyone?? ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jul 20 2004, 05:31 PM
    [b] I am reacting to and questioning the language I see used in almost every post by posters like Weeb, CBTNY, You Sav, Chiefs, JetMo/Naderfan, Hick and a number of others.

[/b][/quote]
    Here's what you posted thats why I responded..You Sav

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jul 20 2004, 05:16 PM
    [b] Just to be clear, I am not "acting" or "trying to school" or "Trick" anyone. I am reacting to and questioning the language I see used in almost every post by posters like Weeb, CBTNY, You Sav, Chiefs, JetMo/Naderfan, Hick and a number of others.

It makes no difference to me if you dislike me for asking the question, to be honest. I can only react to the language you use in your posts.

If you refuse to answer the question, that is fine. Lord knows the world won't end, and i certailky won't die for lack of your answer. But what other conclusion can I take from a non-answer like these except to think that you feel the Extreme Right Conservatives such as the posters I mentioned, Right-Wing Radio, and the Republican party are NOT at fault at all for the divissiveness of todays Political System. I can only assume you feel the Right is 100% correct, and the Left 100% wrong and worthy of your hatred.

If you really feel my question is 100% invalid, just say so and why and I'll delete it. No skin off my back. [/b][/quote]
    Like I said, the battle has been joined.

And one other thing, if I saw an equal amount of rebuttals to some of the insane things these libs post or an equal amount of your responses to news items featuring the stupidity or downright nastiness of the left -- I would take your questions seriously.

All I see is your responses to any pro-Bush or anti-liberal posts. I never see you rebut the ultra-unbiased Bob the Jets Fan nor the hyperintelligent bman. No, its just Weeb, CBTNY, Chiefs, JetMo, Hick and Shakin.

[u][b]Something was uncovered today that is very serious![/b][/u] A former NATIONAL SECURITY OFFICER broke the law by sticking classified information down his pants and/or stole that material to cover up his administrations lack of effort in defending our country against a major terrorist attack.
    Now instead of posting anything about that, you're asking conservatives why we're so mean.

So to you I say good day, sir...I SAY GOOD DAY!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jul 20 2004, 10:09 PM
    [b] Oh, I almost forgot....

What, exactly do you want me so say regarding the Clinton-ite and his theft of documents. He should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but I doubt Bush would do that. If what he did was so bad (and I think it was, and then some) then why hasn't the Bush Administration/Justice Department attempted to have him tried for treason yet? This event happened months ago.....what is taking so long?

Obviously Clinton has things to hide regarding what went on pre-9/11. But we already knew that, didn't we?? [/b][/quote]
    In that vane:

[b]Prosecutors: No Dice on Berger Deal[/b]

Justice Department prosecutors have reportedly rejected several offers from former National Security Adviser Sandy Berger's lawyer to resolve the department's eight-month long investigation into his illegal removal of top secret documents from the 9/11 Commission's reading room.

Two sources associated with the investigation told CNN that lawyer Lanny Breuer made a detailed statement of Berger's view of the facts at issue several months ago. According to the unnamed sources, Berger has offered to talk to the Justice Department about a resolution to the probe.

In the intervening months, Breuer has renewed Berger's offer to come clean several times.

But in a bad omen for the former top Clinton national security official, the Justice Department has repeatedly rebuffed the offer and refused to enter into any discussions.

Instead, Deputy Attorney General James Comey warned Tuesday that Berger - who resigned hours ago as a top campaign advisor to presidential candidate John Kerry - could face jail time.

"It is against the law for anyone to intentionally mishandle classified information, either by taking it to give to somebody else, or by mishandling in a way that is outside the regulations of government information," Comey told reporters in Washington.

"We take issues of classified information very, very seriously," he added.

"It's our lifeblood to keep secrets. All felonies in the federal system bring with them the promise of jail time," Comey stressed, adding cryptically, "That's all I can say about that."

As U.S. Attorney for New York's Southern District, Comey oversaw the indictment of Martha Stewart for lying to federal investigators. Stewart was sentenced to five months in jail last week.

You see Warfish....

That's the thing about liberals.... Conservatives are portrayed as the mean ones...

They never see themselves as the mean ones... Of all the hate spewed by the hollywood has beens against President Bush... ie...Whoopi Goldberg, John Mellencamp err Cougar err Time Zone err whatever the f@ck his name is, ..along with the head CCR buttplug and others, never makes the headlines in the liberal biased news organization.....

But Arnold Schwarzenegger makes one little girly-man joke satarizing himself from SNL....the pablum puking liberally biased media pounces all over him....

The conservatives are no meaner than the Liberals but the media would have you think so....

Hall Of Fame
    "Do any of you think your super-aggressive open hatred of the Political Middle and Left, your arrogance regarding your viewpoints and your implied (or stated) moral superiority, and utter disregard for anything anyone from the middle or left might have to offer has ANYTHING to do with the divissive nature of Politics today?"

HECK, HOW'D YOU LEAVE OUT THE PART ABOUT WHEN DID WE STOP BEATING OUR WIVES? That's certainly moderate of you.

How dare anyone look at the debacle the Democrat Party has foisted on us from the time of LBJ until today and call it what it is-a disaster in every way. Immigration laws go unenforced. Taxes have risen with no discernible evidence that government solves anything as the tax revenues increase. The public schools suck. The inner city underclass has grown unchecked. But for some serious people finally calling crime a disgrace and enfocing the law like Guliani(a Republican), crime would still be out of control. They treat national security like an afterthought. Kerry never mentions it, or calls it a "law enforcement" issue. So another 9/11 could happen, but someday they'll go to jail. GREAT! We don't have that luxury any more.

Having seen an FBI investigation up close, they generally don't interview the subject until they do a thorough investigation of all the surrounding evidence and witnesses. It's a little more in depth than shoplifting. Eight months is practically nothing. The feds have nothing but time. Even leftist attorney Ron Kuby said today that a former NS adviser like Berger had to know that what he was doing was way outisde regulations and in violation of the law. NOTHING LEAVES THE ROOM, PERIOD. Jamming documents into your pants?

And given the stature of a figure like Berger it's obvious they wanted to give him the chance to fall on his sword in private rather than make it public, and he wouldn't play ball. Berger learned from his old boss not to fess up and fight, but in a post 9/11 world, wasting the government's time, money and energy over YOUR INTEnTIONAL STUPIDITY isn't going to go ovwer well. Not too friggin' bright, especially if the secure are is under video surveilliance. Honestly, why he woudl take documents that others had already seen and ananlyzed and had been copied and marked "confidential"is something only Berger can answer.

But it comes back to the Dems problem during the CLinton adminsitration and now-do they want to preserve national security or score politcal points? Berger was until today Kery's top security adviser. Figure he gets airbrushed out of old photos in the Kerry campaign scrapbook Soviet-style by Monday.

As to thwarting the bombings during the millenium celebration, it was vigilance of border patrol agents at a Washington state border crossing rather than some cloak&dagger work.

Simply, if 9/11 hasn't changed everything, we're doomed. Bush for all his faults gets that. Kerry doesn't . That's the decision. And it's positively terrifying that there are enough Americans that buy into Kerry's empty sloganeering and don't see right through it.

Hall Of Fame
    This is getting old man...it really is. You first came around here telling us all how you are a moderate and looking for fairness from both sides, which is very respectable.

Instead, you continually bager the Reps and Conservatives, and leave the libs alone. And yes there are more than 3 or 4 libs. To be honest, I cant recall you debating Bit, but if you say so I will take your word for it. You call bman ignorant and leave him be, but yet you also call some of the Reps ignorant but will go right at them. And dont forget about Section and West Coast, and other posters who perodically shuffle their way in. Face it: you will always go out of your way to attack a conservative poster when you feel they make an invalid argument.

You have made your point that you want to hear what the conservatives have to say. At one time I sincerely felt you wanted answers, but now I really doubt that. IMO, you like watching the conservatives get frustrated so you can act like you are above them...but thats just my opinion.

Also, you go right at the some conservatives for bringing out this almost arrogant persona, that their beliefs are 100% right and the libs are 100% wrong. Since you are always going for equality, why not ask the libs the same question? In fact, I have seen more pro-Bush ppl criticize Bush, than anti-Bush ppl praise Bush for anything. Do you feel it is OK for liberals to ride on a high horse and act like they are so much more intellectual than the Reps?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jul 20 2004, 10:17 PM
    [b] [quote][b].....department's eight-month long investigation.......[/b][/quote]

Again, I ask why this was kept from the American people?? Why is it only now, when it is politically advantagoes, does this information come out??? This should have been made public the second it was dicovered, so the American peple could be outraged BEFORE The 9/11 Comission had already finished it's work. A work that is now cast in serious doubt....

.....not that it could be trusted anyway, considering the allowance of Ms. Garlic, er, Goerlic, whatever, to be allowed to serve on it (tell me why, again, did the Bush Administration, and his fellow Republicans ALLOW this women to remain on the panel when she was likely a Huge CAUSE of 9/11 in the first place???) [/b][/quote]
    Sandy Berger could have confessed right away and admitted
    his pants stuffing problem?? One thing about Libs, Not all Dems
    now just Libs..They have no problem with Killing a late term Baby
    Partial Birth abortion..But will defend to the end a multiple murderer!
    If your for Death be for Death for Pete's sake..Innocent new born
    BADDDDD.. A heinous Killer?? The poor thing Society made him that
    way... :lol: As for Ms Gorlic,Garlic or whatever her name is..The Media
    Dems and Warfish would have had a fit and accused the Republicans
    of trying to shape the Commission Panel to their liking.. <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Fish Guy-

That&#39;s a weak response. "Running the show" hardly means they insitituted every policy. We don&#39;t lve in a dictatorship. In fact as to those I cited, they didn&#39;t really contribute to any(except some programs in the Nixon/Ford Era). That&#39;s zero substance from you-again. At least even if I don&#39;t often agree with Bit here, he brings something to the table.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jul 20 2004, 04:48 PM
    [b] Sure is alot of anger and hatred around here......

Let me ask the self-desciribed Conservatives this:

Do any of you think your super-aggressive open hatred of the Political Middle and Left, your arrogance regarding your viewpoints and your implied (or stated) moral superiority, and utter disregard for anything anyone from the middle or left might have to offer has ANYTHING to do with the divissive nature of Politics today? Do you think your poor opinion of personal and civil rights has anything to do with the divissive nature of politics today? Do you think your unwillingness to bend to anyone and your clear dislike (if not hatred) for the rest of the world, and other cultures, has anyhting to do with the divissive nature of politics today?

All we hear on this site is how much Conservative hate, despise, want to imprison or kill (stated a number of times here) people with Liberal views, their fellow Americans. And heaven forbid you be from somewhere other than America, it would seem the Conservatives feel their lives have no meaning or worth at all.

What, exactly, do you think such a viewpoint gets done? Do you truly feel all Democrats are evil-doers who want to destroy America? And what do those Democrats and Liberals want to have to "replace" the America you claim they want to destroy?

I am not defending any specific Liberal person, view or policy here. I am concerned about the anger, hatred and pure inhumanity I see on this board from those claiming a moral superiority to everyone else and that they, and only they, are "America First" when it comes to the issues.

It will be interesting to see who answers this thread, and what they say................ [/b][/quote]
    Let&#39;s see...the topic under debate is the awful, hateful, super-aggressive arrogance that conservatives have, and the clear dislike of other cultures and poor opinion on personal and civil rights that we have.

We also want to kill liberals, and think only Americans have lives that are worth anything. Oh, I almost forgot our "pure inhumanity."

No offense, but as soon as I stop counting the ways that your initial post is absurd I&#39;ll reply....

Okay, done.

Fisher - are you on crack? I&#39;ve been called a racist, sexist, homophobe, nazi, neanderthal, anti-woman, bigoted, "rich" corporate shill, and liberals on this board have told me that I only support the War in Iraq because I hold defense stocks or am a Crusader. I&#39;ve been called a moron more times than I can count, I&#39;ve been called a sheep, a fool, and a God-head, and I&#39;ve had people belittle my views on certain issues because I was raised in a Catholic family. Bush has been called a fraud, liar, moron, nazi, bigoted homophobe by virtually every liberal on this board at one time or another.

Spare me the nonsense about "inhumanity." Your problem is that you are too chicken-sh*t to have opinions, or at least have fallen into the intellectually lazy trap of equating strong opinion with "close-mindedness" or obtuseness. You always qualify what you write, or add a disclaimer, or avoid an issue only to point out that at some point, a member of the opposing party did something similar, as if that recognition invalidates someone&#39;s view or is even always relevant. It gets old. In those rare moments where you actually debate an issue, and stop trying to have everyone notice you and how "fair" you seem to think you are, you make insightful and valid observations. But, you always couch your critiques with, "Hey, I&#39;m 99% conservative, but..." or "Hey, I&#39;m no Kerry fan, but...." But, all you are doing is being contrarian for it&#39;s own sake. If this board was dominated by liberals and not conservatives, you&#39;d have started another thread complaining about the "divisiveness" of liberals, and everyone here knows it.

So spare us the constant arm-chair psychology and innumerable threads that are simply immature and transparent attempts to de-construct the mind-set of posters here, or simply stir things up. You are BY FAR the most self-absorbed poster here, since it&#39;s always about YOU. "So, guys, do you think the fact that you are are awful human beings has contributed to the divisiveness around here? I mean, is it [i]possible[/i] that the fact that you are all a-holes is a factor?? BTW, don&#39;t get Angry, I&#39;m 99% conservative and don&#39;t like Kerry, but blah blah blah, I&#39;ve just noticed trends that I want to talk about and I don&#39;t know why I am the only fair-minded guy here..I mean, I&#39;m 99% conservative. It should be interesting to see who replies...."

Go back and re-read your initial post if you think I am being harsh.....

You also underestimate guys like Weeb. He knows a hellofalot more than libs and others give him credit for. He&#39;s just sarcastic, blunt and opinionated and, like you, likes to illicit reactions or simply "piss off" others.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Jul 20 2004, 05:07 PM
    [b] It&#39;s been years of being labelled bigots, racists, homophobes, anti-woman, anti-education and anti-elderly while the left burned their bras, burned their flags, gutted the military and gutted our national security.

[/b][/quote]
    Couldn&#39;t have said it any better, Weeb.

Warfish, I&#39;m not going to right another term paper to lay out the chronology of events, but from my perspective and my own experience, the hatred and bashing started with them. For as long as I can remember being politically aware, their were many places and in the company of certain people, where I was made to feel it would be in my best interest not to admit "I&#39;m voting for a republican". A few instances, I even felt like I was going to be physically assualted. That&#39;s not America, man.

A better question you should pose to the liberals, is ask them how come they won&#39;t acknowledge all the wrong that their party is engaged in, in an attempt to win back power? Ask them how far they will continue to compromise their own dignity.

Even better still, ask them to make a case for Kerry/Edwards. Heck, I&#39;ll be the first to admit, I&#39;m easily impressed. Enlighten me. But something of substance. "George Bush is a fascist" or "Bush is the worst thing that ever happened to this country" isn&#39;t gonna cut the mustard. For example, just once I&#39;d like to see a post by Bob responding to something like Teresa Heinz financing brown shirts to menace the RNC, with something like "This is wrong. I believe in the principles of my party, and on the issue&#39;s alone, we can beat George Bush. We don&#39;t have to lower ourselves to this". But I never will. Because Bob is a textbook example of the pathology of left wing ideolgoy, which surmises that, the Republicans are so evil, that by any means neccessary, be it lieing, voter fraud, or violence, they must be removed from power.

It&#39;s not about two candidates presenting their case to the public and letting the people vote. The Democratic party and it&#39;s operatives just aren&#39;t comfortable with that procedure any more.

The article Savage69 posted about the Democratic party made an excellent point: I think when they lost the house and the senate for the first time in 40 years (and still haven&#39;t got it back) in 96 (I think), it sent shock waves through the party. I think the moderates want to dump the loony left, but can&#39;t, since the loony left, although the minority, has consolidated all the power in the party, and is responsible for 90% of the finances. Hillary is the bread winner. So they have to kiss her ring.

Like I said before, I just hope Bush wins, and perhaps the Democratic party will find a way to unloose itself from the Clintonista iron grip.