Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WOW!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20040721-081009-2541r.htm]http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/2004...81009-2541r.htm[/url]

Baghdad]http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/2004...541r.htmBaghdad[/URL], Iraq, Jul. 21 (UPI) -- Iraqi security reportedly discovered three missiles carrying nuclear heads concealed in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad, official sources said Wednesday.

The official daily al-Sabah quoted the sources as saying the missiles were discovered in trenches near the city of Tikrit, the hometown of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

"The three missiles were discovered by chance when the Iraqi security forces captured former Baath party official Khoder al-Douri who revealed during interrogation the location of the missiles saying they carried nuclear heads," the sources said.

They pointed out that the missiles were actually discovered in the trenches lying under six meters of concrete and designed in a way to unable sophisticated sensors from discovering nuclear radiation.

The sources said al-Douri, who is related to former Vice Chairman of the Iraq Revolution Council and Saddam's right-hand man Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, was captured after Iraqi police intercepted an e-mail message in which he set a meeting with another former Baath official.

The report could not be authenticated by the interior ministry or the national security department, but the paper noted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiar Zibari made a surprise request recently to Mohammed el-Baradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, to resume inspections for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    What was on the front page of the New York Times? Abu Graibh former prisoners lawyer, John Edwards, files class action lawsuit against Haliburton?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll need some authentication before I believe this story.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 09:29 AM
    [b] I'll need some authentication before I believe this story. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, it could be an internet hacker.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Tom The Nader Fan™+Jul 21 2004, 09:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Tom The Nader Fan™ @ Jul 21 2004, 09:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--chiefst2000[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 09:29 AM
    [b] I&#39;ll need some authentication before I believe this story. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, it could be an internet hacker. [/b][/quote]
    Just heard US is not corfirming this story

Looks like I got duped

09:33 U.S. MILITARY SAYS HAS NO INFORMATION ON REPORT NUCLEAR MISSILES FOUND IN IRAQ -- Reuters

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is big, we need confirmation....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard it as breaking news on WABC radio. Unsubstantiated as of yet...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is true, it should shut up the cry babies wanting to know where the WMD&#39;s are. Yes you lib babies, NUKES ARE WMD&#39;s

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question for the libs... I know this story is unsubstantiated so before we know anything for sure answer this question...

If this story is true would you then sat the war in Iraq was justified and necessary?

This means you bitoni boob section jwilly fish bman mole and anyone else i forgot.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 10:04 AM
    [b]
    This means you bitoni boob section jwilly fish bman mole and anyone else i forgot. [/b][/quote]
    Chiefst,

I know you may not like certain posters, but they all deserve respect. I openly disagree with Bob on most political issues, but he is entitled to his opinion and deserves to be treated with respect. I know Bob personally I can guarantee you he is a great guy and I am proud to call him my friend.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67+Jul 21 2004, 10:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetman67 @ Jul 21 2004, 10:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--chiefst2000[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 10:04 AM
    [b]
    This means you bitoni boob section jwilly fish bman mole and anyone else i forgot. [/b][/quote]
    Chiefst,

I know you may not like certain posters, but they all deserve respect. I openly disagree with Bob on most political issues, but he is entitled to his opinion and deserves to be treated with respect. I know Bob personally I can guarantee you he is a great guy and I am proud to call him my friend. [/b][/quote]
    Just a typo there... you know how my spelling can be..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]If it is true, it should shut up the cry babies wanting to know where the WMD&#39;s are. Yes you lib babies, NUKES ARE WMD&#39;s

[/b][/quote]

If it is not true then what? Maybe think twice before reporting things from the Washington Times. Remember it is not official until foxnews reports it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, true or not true, the fact that Saddam has longed pursued nukes in unquestionable. Additionally, the facts are that we had intel about his WMD programs prior to the 1991 Gulf War that turned out to be false...we had UNDER-estimated his progress. He was farther along in his WMD programs and nuke programs than we believed. He had also bee pursuing uranium from African countries like Niger for years. He retained the capacity, capital infrastructure, desire and financial access and knowlegde needed to re-constitute his programs at any time, and in addition to even that, he had not been forthcming about what he had done with the WMD he admitted having, yet hadn&#39;t proven that he destroyed. He consistently defied inspectors, shot at our planes, tried to kill a former President, supporter terror, allowed passage and safe haven to terrorists, incuding those in AQ, and undercut the efficacy of economic sanctions with his graft of the Oil for Food program.

Some sh*t-bag country like Libya had and desired more WMD. We know Saddam had them and desired even more power. We know that he was a regional aggressor. We know that he supported terrorism. We know that Russian intel belived he was planning an attac on US soil, through terrorist networks. Yet, despite all of this, opopnents of the war shriek "liar&#33;" and talk about how they woudl have supported any invasion BUT Iraq, and rely on even less evidence to remain convinced that Iran or whatever country is "more" of a threat. They are ALL threats. Some can be receptive to pressue. Saudi Arabia is at least responding with apparent crackdowns and arrests of domestic terrorists, and as a result, they are suffering attacks in Riyadh. Ditto for Turkey, although they are not arabs. Pakistan is making steps in the right direction. Iran is starting to feel international diplomatic pressure. The problem with Saddam is that even after one war and 12 ensuing years of sanctions and international pressure, he remained defiant and uncooperative to this "soft power." Thus, he goes...end of story. If Iran and other countries don&#39;t respond to soft power, they go. We gave Saddam 12 long years of an opportunity. Personally, I think that was too long. These sh*t-bags have to stop supporting terrorism and aiding organizations that attack America or they face our wrath. We are willing to use diplomatic pressure and soft power initially as a good-faith gesture to allow them the oporutnity of thinking long and hard about whether they really want to pursue a confrontational stance with us, long term. If they do, they get attacked. It&#39;s really not that complicated. Yet, people in this country are more interested in wild conspiracy theories, worthless guilt,or bedeviling our leaders for defending us without 100% perfecttion or success in every instance, than they are in acknolwegding the threats we face and the necessary tough tasks that are involved with facing such threats.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 10:10 AM
    [b] [quote][b]If it is true, it should shut up the cry babies wanting to know where the WMD&#39;s are. Yes you lib babies, NUKES ARE WMD&#39;s

[/b][/quote]

If it is not true then what? Maybe think twice before reporting things from the Washington Times. Remember it is not official until foxnews reports it. [/b][/quote]
    If this story is true would you then say the war in Iraq was justified and necessary?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 10:11 AM
    [b] If this story is true would you then say the war in Iraq was justified and necessary? [/b][/quote]
    No, the responses will be:

1) They were planted there by the Bush administration

2) Those are old, buried and forgotten from before the first gulf war

3) (fingers in ears, eyes closed) Blablablablablablablablablablablaba ICan&#39;tHearYou Blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab......................

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318+Jul 21 2004, 10:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shakin318 @ Jul 21 2004, 10:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--chiefst2000[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 10:11 AM
    [b] If this story is true would you then say the war in Iraq was justified and necessary? [/b][/quote]
    No, the responses will be:

1) They were planted there by the Bush administration

2) Those are old, buried and forgotten from before the first gulf war

3) (fingers in ears, eyes closed) Blablablablablablablablablablablaba ICan&#39;tHearYou Blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab...................... [/b][/quote]
    I know what the responses will be its just amusing to see how they all will duck and dodge the question. One thing I can gurantee is that other than joewilly who generally is intellectually honest, not one of them will give a straight answer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Jul 21 2004, 10:11 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Jul 21 2004, 10:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Section109Row15[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 10:10 AM
    [b] [quote][b]If it is true, it should shut up the cry babies wanting to know where the WMD&#39;s are. Yes you lib babies, NUKES ARE WMD&#39;s

[/b][/quote]

If it is not true then what? Maybe think twice before reporting things from the Washington Times. Remember it is not official until foxnews reports it. [/b][/quote]
    If this story is true would you then say the war in Iraq was justified and necessary? [/b][/quote]
    The silence in here is deafening.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Where have all the Liberals Gone?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]If this story is true would you then say the war in Iraq was justified and necessary?
    [/b][/quote]

No, but it would certainly boost their case.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 10:46 AM
    [b] [quote][b]If this story is true would you then say the war in Iraq was justified and necessary?
    [/b][/quote]

No, but it would certainly boost their case. [/b][/quote]
    Fair enough. I&#39;ll follow up with this: Is there anything in your mind that can justify and necessitate war of any kind and if so what?