Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Go Lance Go!!!

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could care less about bicycle racing but I love watching Americans beat the world and embarrass the french on their soil.

    Anyway, Armstrong just made up two minutes on the guy who was in second place (Basso) and is kicking ass.

    What is great watching this is all the American flags flying around!! :D

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greenwich Village, NY
    Posts
    2,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 11:33 AM
    [b] I could care less about bicycle racing but I love watching Americans beat the world and embarrass the french on their soil.

    Anyway, Armstrong just made up two minutes on the guy who was in second place (Basso) and is kicking ass.

    What is great watching this is all the American flags flying around!! :D [/b][/quote]
    Anyone see Greg Lemond's interview with Bob Ley over the weekend? Very interesting. Lance may not be so squeaky clean.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Armstrong beat Basso (in second place) by 2 1/2 minutes and Ulrich by one minute.

    I am surprised the french let him in the country though as he is wearing a Crucifix around his neck.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money+Jul 21 2004, 11:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Lawyers, Guns and Money @ Jul 21 2004, 11:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 11:33 AM
    [b] I could care less about bicycle racing but I love watching Americans beat the world and embarrass the french on their soil.

    Anyway, Armstrong just made up two minutes on the guy who was in second place (Basso) and is kicking ass.

    What is great watching this is all the American flags flying around&#33;&#33; :D [/b][/quote]
    Anyone see Greg Lemond&#39;s interview with Bob Ley over the weekend? Very interesting. Lance may not be so squeaky clean. [/b][/quote]
    OR...

    LeMond may be somewhat disgruntled that he is a dust-engulfed speck in the rearview mirror of America&#39;s psyche.

    LeMond in his heyday made a concerted effort to "French himself up" He rode for Lyonesse...a French company, learned the language, embraced the culture, and did everything possible to endear himself to the hosts of the TDF. It softened the blow slightly to the Frenchies when a Yank came in and won their precious race. Lance makes no such concessions.

    My personal sense is that these comments reek of sour-grapes. If Lance ever...ever tests positive in any of the endless tests he takes, I&#39;ll listen to Greg&#39;s whining...until then, he&#39;s a sore loser and a distant second.

    BB

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greenwich Village, NY
    Posts
    2,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Buffboy+Jul 21 2004, 11:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Buffboy @ Jul 21 2004, 11:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Lawyers@ Guns and Money,Jul 21 2004, 11:35 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 11:33 AM
    [b] I could care less about bicycle racing but I love watching Americans beat the world and embarrass the french on their soil.

    Anyway, Armstrong just made up two minutes on the guy who was in second place (Basso) and is kicking ass.

    What is great watching this is all the American flags flying around&#33;&#33; :D [/b][/quote]
    Anyone see Greg Lemond&#39;s interview with Bob Ley over the weekend? Very interesting. Lance may not be so squeaky clean. [/b][/quote]
    OR...

    LeMond may be somewhat disgruntled that he is a dust-engulfed speck in the rearview mirror of America&#39;s psyche.

    LeMond in his heyday made a concerted effort to "French himself up" He rode for Lyonesse...a French company, learned the language, embraced the culture, and did everything possible to endear himself to the hosts of the TDF. It softened the blow slightly to the Frenchies when a Yank came in and won their precious race. Lance makes no such concessions.

    My personal sense is that these comments reek of sour-grapes. If Lance ever...ever tests positive in any of the endless tests he takes, I&#39;ll listen to Greg&#39;s whining...until then, he&#39;s a sore loser and a distant second.

    BB [/b][/quote]
    Fair enough. Admittedly, I do not know much about cycling. But, according to this one report, members of Armstrong&#39;s team have been documented doing peculiur things with trash disposal, etc. But you are correct, I should wait for something more concrete before making insinuations.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don&#39;t believe armstrong is dirty - guys use saringes for things like vitamin shots and if the french press find that innocent garbage they say "ah - ha&#33; it is zee blood dop-ing&#33;" - also greg lamond has been a player hater for years - he&#39;s a bitter old coot.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us