Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 900 and counting

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    we are inching closer to that four digit number of US soldiers dead since the start of the war

was it worth it? how much safer is our world with their sacrifice?

any thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We wont know for at least 10 years if its worth it. Too many Americans have no patience. We all knew after 911 that it would be a long fight perhaps several decades, now many are giving up on their support until we are attacked again. Then they will want to renew the fight because they are filled with rage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    jetman how can we realistically wage a war for several decades? that sounds like unending war to me...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 12:17 PM
    [b] jetman how can we realistically wage a war for several decades? that sounds like unending war to me... [/b][/quote]
    the war on terror is unlike any war we ever faced before. We all knew it 3 years ago. Amazing how fast we forget. Perhaps some need to pay a visit to the WTC for a reminder.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]the war on terror is unlike any war we ever faced before. We all knew it 3 years ago. Amazing how fast we forget. Perhaps some need to pay a visit to the WTC for a reminder.
    [/b][/quote]

War like no other? No it is exactly like the War on Drugs or the War on Poverty.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 12:16 PM
    [b] We wont know for at least 10 years if its worth it. Too many Americans have no patience. We all knew after 911 that it would be a long fight perhaps several decades, now many are giving up on their support until we are attacked again. Then they will want to renew the fight because they are filled with rage. [/b][/quote]
    Dude...you are so right on.

This has been brewing (Islamic-fundamentalism) for more than 20 years and went unfettered from '95-2000 when they had their own state to train. People want instant results and it won't happen.

Funny, they constantly want to point out things the President said that have been wrong or yet to come true. He did in fact say immediately after 9-11 this would be a long struggle.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok so i have a question then - if this is gonna be a long struggle at what point will we know we have won?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 12:20 PM
    [b] [quote][b]the war on terror is unlike any war we ever faced before. We all knew it 3 years ago. Amazing how fast we forget. Perhaps some need to pay a visit to the WTC for a reminder.
    [/b][/quote]

War like no other? No it is exactly like the War on Drugs or the War on Poverty. [/b][/quote]
    You sir need to visit the WTC!! How soon do you expect the war on terror to end. The war on drugs? You need the cooperation of every American to make it work. When you see other Jet fans lighting up joints on the spirals at halftime ask them if they are willing to help the war on drugs.

War on Poverty? Tell the lazy welfare people to get jobs.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 12:24 PM
    [b] ok so i have a question then - if this is gonna be a long struggle at what point will we know we have won? [/b][/quote]
    Do you want an honest answer? I dont know. I guess when there are no terrorist organizations anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 12:20 PM
    [b] [quote][b]the war on terror is unlike any war we ever faced before. We all knew it 3 years ago. Amazing how fast we forget. Perhaps some need to pay a visit to the WTC for a reminder.
    [/b][/quote]

War like no other? No it is exactly like the War on Drugs or the War on Poverty. [/b][/quote]
    So we can expect liberal entitlement programs that give handouts to terrorists?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]You sir need to visit the WTC!! How soon do you expect the war on terror to end. The war on drugs? You need the cooperation of every American to make it work. When you see other Jet fans lighting up joints on the spirals at halftime ask them if they are willing to help the war on drugs.

[/b][/quote]

Ask the people in the streets of Jallalabad if they are willing to help with the war on terror.

Maybe you should do a Michael Mooresque documentary on how the poor are lazy and leeching off the rest of society. How they are living it up and laughing all the way to the soup kitchen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Jul 21 2004, 12:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Jul 21 2004, 12:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jetman67[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 12:16 PM
    [b] We wont know for at least 10 years if its worth it. Too many Americans have no patience. We all knew after 911 that it would be a long fight perhaps several decades, now many are giving up on their support until we are attacked again. Then they will want to renew the fight because they are filled with rage. [/b][/quote]
    Dude...you are so right on.

This has been brewing (Islamic-fundamentalism) for more than 20 years and went unfettered from &#39;95-2000 when they had their own state to train. People want instant results and it won&#39;t happen.

Funny, they constantly want to point out things the President said that have been wrong or yet to come true. He did in fact say immediately after 9-11 this would be a long struggle.[/b][/quote]

Thus, you are both correct. Rebuilding Japan & Germany after WWII was seen as bad policy but it took [b]years [/b]to realize it was right.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 12:49 PM
    [b] [quote][b]You sir need to visit the WTC&#33;&#33; How soon do you expect the war on terror to end. The war on drugs? You need the cooperation of every American to make it work. When you see other Jet fans lighting up joints on the spirals at halftime ask them if they are willing to help the war on drugs.

[/b][/quote]

Ask the people in the streets of Jallalabad if they are willing to help with the war on terror.

Maybe you should do a Michael Mooresque documentary on how the poor are lazy and leeching off the rest of society. How they are living it up and laughing all the way to the soup kitchen. [/b][/quote]
    Section, you must have forgotten the horror of 911. Remember we all agreed that Either your with us, or your with them. By your remarks I can only assume that You are with them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67+Jul 21 2004, 12:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetman67 @ Jul 21 2004, 12:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 12:24 PM
    [b] ok so i have a question then - if this is gonna be a long struggle at what point will we know we have won? [/b][/quote]
    Do you want an honest answer? I dont know. I guess when there are no terrorist organizations anymore. [/b][/quote]
    jetman think about that for a second.

there are always subversive elements, it will never be eliminated -

christians and muslims have hated each other for thousands of years&#33;

call me a cynic but maybe unending war isn&#39;t the answer to stop terrorism. <_<

if that&#39;s our only option we need to drop the A Bomb and be done with the whole mess

oh no but we can&#39;t cause Israel is there... the holy land.

war for Oil
    war for Israel
    war for Freedom

yeah that sounds about right.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Jul 21 2004, 01:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Jul 21 2004, 01:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -jetman67@Jul 21 2004, 12:26 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 12:24 PM
    Do you want an honest answer? I dont know. I guess when there are no terrorist organizations anymore. [/b][/quote]
    jetman think about that for a second.

there are always subversive elements, it will never be eliminated -

christians and muslims have hated each other for thousands of years&#33;

call me a cynic but maybe unending war isn&#39;t the answer to stop terrorism. <_<

if that&#39;s our only option we need to drop the A Bomb and be done with the whole mess

war for Oil
    war for Israel
    war for Freedom

yeah that sounds about right. [/b][/quote]
    Let&#39;s be real...

Can there be an end point to the war on Terror? I mean, how will we know if it has ended? The war on Drugs will be everlasting war because there are new junkies born every minute. The war on terrorism will continue because the "palestinian issue" cannot be resolved. The palestians hold onto the demand of the right to return and other arab countries dont help by not allowing palestinians to gain citizenship...(Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt). instead these countries keep them in camps and attach a refugee status to them. All this does is foment additional pressures to the peace process. Additionally, hard core muslims are preaching the following:

1) retake Al-Andalus (Spain/Portugal) from the europeans.

2) Establish a new Caliphate encompassing nations from Saudi Arabia to the Southern Philipines.

3) Kill any non muslims currently living in muslim majority countries.

Now, with that type of sentiment...how can the war ever end?

LL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Section, you must have forgotten the horror of 911. Remember we all agreed that Either your with us, or your with them. By your remarks I can only assume that You are with them.
    [/b][/quote]

I never made those remarks. The ex-owner of the Texas Rangers made that statement.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 01:17 PM
    [b] call me a cynic but maybe unending war isn&#39;t the answer to stop terrorism. <_<

war for Oil
    war for Israel
    war for Freedom

most libs said the first Gulf War a war for oil. We all know it wasnt.

I would be fine with me if we nuke all the Arab Nations. I really dont trust any of them. The other solution is to stay the course and take them out one at a time. The Nuke stategy will have less American Losses thus is more attractive to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 01:35 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Section, you must have forgotten the horror of 911. Remember we all agreed that Either your with us, or your with them. By your remarks I can only assume that You are with them.
    [/b][/quote]

I never made those remarks. The ex-owner of the Texas Rangers made that statement. [/b][/quote]
    Are you with us or are you with them. its a very simple question to answer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67+Jul 21 2004, 01:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetman67 @ Jul 21 2004, 01:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 01:17 PM
    [b] call me a cynic but maybe unending war isn&#39;t the answer to stop terrorism. <_<

war for Oil
    war for Israel
    war for Freedom

most libs said the first Gulf War a war for oil. We all know it wasnt.

I would be fine with me if we nuke all the Arab Nations. I really dont trust any of them. The other solution is to stay the course and take them out one at a time. The Nuke stategy will have less American Losses thus is more attractive to me. [/b][/quote]
    Isn&#39;t it ironic to see the panty wearing liberals advocating nuking countries indescriminantly. That is honestly the dumbest thing I&#39;ve ever heard. It is the ultimate cop out from a simple minded person with absolutely no ability to forsee events or comprehend the reprocussions of their actions. Lets put things into perspective here. More than twice as many Americans were killed in Washington DC than in Iraq since the start of the war.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    cheifs the reality of the situation is you call me a liberal but that&#39;s only because im more liberal than YOU

i mean it i&#39;d rather nuke the ME then lose even a single American life. That&#39;s how little i care about the people of the entire middle east.

we are in there because of oil, just like in Gulf War I - we may not have stolen any but for those who are doing the selling (oil companies) - having the right to buy is a licence to steal from the American public.

it&#39;s about keeping the status quo

mark my words as long as our economy runs on Saudi Arabian (or Iraqi, or Iranian, insert ME country here) crude oil then Terrorism will always be a problem.