Thread: WACO

Tom The Nader Fan™
    Remember WACO?

Twenty-seven children and sixteen mothers were found dead in the concrete cold-storage room in the center of the house. As a result of the tank attack on the building, the room had collapsed before the fires broke out. All 43 people were thereby trapped inside. Two of the children died from blunt trauma consistent with being struck by rubble from the collapsing building. Several others, mostly children, were reported by the medical examiner as having been buried alive. The mothers had wrapped their children and themselves in sleeping bags, apparently for protection from the flames.

[url=http://www.islandone.org/Politics/Waco.McCurry.html]http://www.islandone.org/Politics/Waco.McCurry.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Janet Reno did one hell of a job with that one. Typical Lib Blunder.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't agree....I don't think you can blame Reno or Clinton for Waco. They (Koresh's people) did start shooting at the ATF agents.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jul 22 2004, 09:27 PM
    [b] I don't agree....I don't think you can blame Reno or Clinton for Waco. They (Koresh's people) did start shooting at the ATF agents. [/b][/quote]
    So you set a building on fire with two dozen children inside?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Tom The Nader Fan™+Jul 22 2004, 09:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Tom The Nader Fan™ @ Jul 22 2004, 09:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Come Back to NY[/i]@Jul 22 2004, 09:27 PM
    [b] I don&#39;t agree....I don&#39;t think you can blame Reno or Clinton for Waco. They (Koresh&#39;s people) did start shooting at the ATF agents. [/b][/quote]
    So you set a building on fire with two dozen children inside? [/b][/quote]
    Isn&#39;t the belief the fire was purposely set from inside the building?

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Jul 22 2004, 09:32 PM
    [b] Isn&#39;t the belief the fire was purposely set from inside the building? [/b][/quote]
    Gee... dunno.

What do you believe?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Koresh may have been a whack job. But he was never violent or uncooperative with local law enforcement. As almost any good hostage negotiator can tell you, you don&#39;t ramp up the stakes on a trapped person. You bore him to sleep with what ever he wants within reason and tell him what he wants to hear until he gets himself in a position to be grabbed peacefully. Instead, the FBI from day 1 ramped up the tension and exacerbated a bad situation. And charging in there with tanks only played into Koresh&#39;s twisted apocalypitic fantasies.

If the choice was to set up a cordon and boringly wait him out rather than hit him(as they did), wouldn&#39;t that have been preferable? The FBI claimed their agents had become "fatigued" by the length of the wait. Well, don&#39;t get into law enforcement, if that was so awful. Then they should have went home and left a few patrol cars at the gate. I can&#39;t fault Clinton or even Reno, since they were only following what the FBI wanted to do. And had the FBI waited a while longer, may be those kids would be alive.

Another example of the well-earned title "Famous But Incompetent".

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Jul 22 2004, 09:48 PM
    [b] Koresh may have been a whack job. But he was never violent or uncooperative with local law enforcement. As almost any good hostage negotiator can tell you, you don&#39;t ramp up the stakes on a trapped person. You bore him to sleep with what ever he wants within reason and tell him what he wants to hear until he gets himself in a position to be grabbed peacefully. Instead, the FBI from day 1 ramped up the tension and exacerbated a bad situation. And charging in there with tanks only played into Koresh&#39;s twisted apocalypitic fantasies.

If the choice was to set up a cordon and boringly wait him out rather than hit him(as they did), wouldn&#39;t that have been preferable? The FBI claimed their agents had become "fatigued" by the length of the wait. Well, don&#39;t get into law enforcement, if that was so awful. Then they should have went home and left a few patrol cars at the gate. I can&#39;t fault Clinton or even Reno, since they were only following what the FBI wanted to do. And had the FBI waited a while longer, may be those kids would be alive.

Another example of the well-earned title "Famous But Incompetent". [/b][/quote]
    Yup. The Clinton administration from day built up this BS menace- "white militia" types who had a bug up their @&#036;&#036; about the federal government.

I remember all that crap real well. Ruby Ridge was the same crap. Back then, you&#39;d have thought the Michigan Militia was the real threat, not Islamic terrorists.

The Michigan militia. What a joke. A bunch of shut in&#39;s and 40 something year old virgins from the backwoods reading soldier of fortune and playing GI Joe. They were on the cover of Time and were on 60 minutes, like, once a month.

They were like, the archetype the liberal establishment held up as the thing that they needed to correct. They were like, "It&#39;s a good thing we&#39;re here to teach your children political correctness, lest they wind up in the michigan militia, full of hate and misunderstanding&#33;" :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    People wonder why the FBI was so clueless even after the 1993 WTC bombing. And it&#39;s because they STILL TODAY NOW would rather follow around a bunch of Italian bookmakers with snappy nicknames or these white trash backwoods guys with gun obsessions and present them front and center as their real important job. That isn&#39;t to say those people might not be criminals; many are. But local law enforcement could do that just as well.

Screw going to the mosques in Paterson or Brooklyn that nutured the scumbags who did both the 1993 and 9/11 attacks-they speak Arabic, and the FBI can&#39;t profile. I missed that part of the 9/11 report where simple shoe leather surveillance of those communities after 1993 might have given the feds an inkling. It wasn&#39;t mentioned because [i]the FBI didn&#39;t do it.[/i] Develop contacts in those communities? Heck, this mafia arrest will make a great "Sopranos" episode.

Now, we have two nonfunctional bureaucracies that don&#39;t talk,thanks is large part to Gorelick&#39;s wall and the Toricelli Amendment. So the big solution according to the 9/11 committee is to create a NEW BUREAUCRACY&#33; Crazy idea guys-how about the bureaucrats responsible TALK TO EACH OTHER AND EXCHANGE INFORMATION?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thing is Koresh used to go jogging every morning outside
    the Compound they could have nailed him anytime they wanted&#33;
    I think Reno did a better Job with the Little Cuban Boy&#33;&#33; Legally
    His Father had a good case because he was represented by one
    of Clintons Lawyers.. :lol:

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Jul 22 2004, 10:23 PM
    [b]

Screw going to the mosques in Paterson or Brooklyn that nutured the scumbags who did both the 1993 and 9/11 attacks-they speak Arabic, and the FBI can&#39;t profile. I missed that part of the 9/11 report where simple shoe leather surveillance of those communities after 1993 might have given the feds an inkling. It wasn&#39;t mentioned because [i]the FBI didn&#39;t do it.[/i] Develop contacts in those communities? Heck, this mafia arrest will make a great "Sopranos" episode.

Now, we have two nonfunctional bureaucracies that don&#39;t talk,thanks is large part to Gorelick&#39;s wall and the Toricelli Amendment. So the big solution according to the 9/11 committee is to create a NEW BUREAUCRACY&#33; Crazy idea guys-how about the bureaucrats responsible TALK TO EACH OTHER AND EXCHANGE INFORMATION? [/b][/quote]
    Oh, yeah. Remember that collective sigh of relief from the "Arab community" when Tim McVeigh got busted? [i]Well, we have our smokescreen, fellas, let&#39;s rock and roll&#33; Thank&#39;s Hil and Bill for playing up the white supremacist angle&#33; Nothing going on here, in Brooklyn&#33;[/i]

[b]tODAY NOW would rather follow around a bunch of Italian bookmakers with snappy nicknames or these white trash backwoods guys with gun obsessions and present them front and center as their real important job. That isn&#39;t to say those people might not be criminals; many are. But local law enforcement could do that just as well. [/b]

Yeah, like the Atlanta olympics bomber. A local cop (new to the force, no less) busted him rifling through trash in a dumpster. :lol: But the FBI had a gestapo like investigation going on Richard Jewell for weeks. They only ruined the guys life.

[i]Well... he does fit the profile the Clinton&#39;s are looking for... he&#39;s white and he has a subscription to Soldier Of Fortune magazine...[/i]

Even, right up until recently, the DC Snipers...

They were looking for white guys.

Don&#39;t tell me political correctness and the ACLU hasn&#39;t compromised our ability to defend ourselves. And I have to hand it to the Islamic terrorists, they are taking advantage of it, big time.

And let&#39;s not forget the great arson insurance scam of the 90&#39;s, which used the white supremacist archetype as perpetrator; even when it was determined that it was a hoax, the media covered it up; to this day people still think it was "the klan". :lol:

Even the insurance companies covered up, it would have been bad PR to persue any investigations on any black clergymen....

[url=http://www.fumento.com/column8.html]http://www.fumento.com/column8.html[/url]