Thread: Hey Shade, my friend

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trots may become an Islander again as Stirling's assistant. He looked so out of place behind that Blewshirt bench. Kinda a slap in the face. Would be good to have him back on the Island, don'tcha think????

p.s.: I hadn't realized that Stirling fired Billy Smith recently. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    hockey stinks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still donít get that with the Rangers hiring. It would be like Butkas coaching the Packers, Billy Martin in Boston and Claude Lemieux behind the bench in Detroit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can list the things that Sather has done wrong and be able to write a novel-but the ultimate boo boo was hiring a rookie coach that played for the Islanders in Trottier.
    He belongs with the Islanders

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Jul 26 2004, 08:37 AM
    I can list the things that Sather has done wrong and be able to write a novel-but the ultimate boo boo was hiring a rookie coach that played for the Islanders in Trottier.
    He belongs with the Islanders
    He does belong with the Islanders, but moreover, he was just the wrong guy behind the bench for any team.

Do you remember Darryl Sittler from the Maple Leafs? (im sure you do)