Thread: Madden 05

no more "jet pack"

(Ya hear that vinny )

http://www.maddenguides.com/communityday.html

lol, good read. I dont have to jet pack to win..hehe. Some of you have taken away my deep ball and I have adjusted and did small passes and running attack. But this game will be fun for sure. I will definatly focus on defense this year.

Rookie
    what no more jetpack just when i'm learning how to do it?????????? :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

:lol: :lol:

Those who have already played Madden 05 have all said the game has a totally different feel from previous year's.

The presentations and animations look mostly the same but the gameplay - which is most important - looks to be dramatically improved.

I'm asking as a casual player.....whats jet pack?

Originally posted by Shadetree@Jul 27 2004, 09:51 AM
    I'm asking as a casual player.....whats jet pack?
    Its when you briefly take control of a wide receiver to manuever him to the ball...usually you take control to take advantage of the defensive A.I. not being ready for the abrupt manuever. The big time madden players have this down to a tee...

LL

Originally posted by latinlawyer+Jul 27 2004, 09:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (latinlawyer @ Jul 27 2004, 09:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Shadetree@Jul 27 2004, 09:51 AM
    I&#39;m asking as a casual player.....whats jet pack?
    Its when you briefly take control of a wide receiver to manuever him to the ball...usually you take control to take advantage of the defensive A.I. not being ready for the abrupt manuever. The big time madden players have this down to a tee...

LL [/b][/quote]
    Wait I&#39;m confused... it&#39;s wrong to take control of a player to catch the ball? I&#39;m supposed to just pray that the stone handed computer AI will do it for me?

Originally posted by Jared+Jul 27 2004, 01:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jared @ Jul 27 2004, 01:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -latinlawyer@Jul 27 2004, 09:56 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Shadetree
    @Jul 27 2004, 09:51 AM
    I&#39;m asking as a casual player.....whats jet pack?

LL
    Wait I&#39;m confused... it&#39;s wrong to take control of a player to catch the ball? I&#39;m supposed to just pray that the stone handed computer AI will do it for me? [/b][/quote]
    Well some guys underthrow on purpose then take control of their wr and set up just before the "yellow target" and then click off and let the AI make a super jump or super jet to the ball. The big time ballers do this time and again.

LL

All League
    Charter JI Member

Often I would run a streak pattern, but instead of lobbing the ball, throw a bullet, then switch to manual control and try to make the WR stop and catch the ball in front of the DB.

Does that mean I jet packed?
    Does that mean I&#39;m a big time baller?

HAH&#33;

0-6 in Madden 2004

0-?? in Madden 2005