Thread: help me

first pick in yahoo fa draft should i go qb or rb
    im thinkin rb and pick up lt or holmes what u think

TomShane
    If you don't grab Peyton Manning you'll regret it forever.

Veteran
    if your picking in the Top 3 go with QB if you are picking after 3 go with RB thats my call ....

Manning.
    Vick and 1 other one I cant remember the last QB But if those are gone Pick RB and the next time you pick try for pennington

It depends on your scoring system, but if you get points for yardage and touchdowns:

1) Holmes
    2) Tomlinson
    3) Portis
    4) Green
    5) McAllister
    6) Alexander
    7) Lewis

#s 3-7 can be in any order really, but you get the point. Top 7 draft pick, go RB. No question.

I'm not sure what your scoring system is but using a top pick on a QB is almost worthless since the dropoff from someone like Culpepper to a Brad Johnson is nowwhere near as large as the drop from Holmes to say Tiki Barber. Plus usually you need 2 RBS, but only one QB so there are more quality starting QBs available.

yea im prob goin holmes or lt

Veteran
    I guess I dissagree Vick is like a QB/ RB so take him if your going QB and holmes if your going RB

Veteran
    LT all the way by far the best running back

Bitter
    LT hands down. In most leagues the RB is by far the most important position. Whatever you do don't take Ricky Williams and I've got a feeling you should steer clear of Priest too. Just a hunch.

Veteran
    plus you have to remember that LT had 100 plus receptions last year. so choose wisely B)

Originally posted by huskeralk@Jul 26 2004, 09:54 PM
    LT hands down. In most leagues the RB is by far the most important position. Whatever you do don't take Ricky Williams and I've got a feeling you should steer clear of Priest too. Just a hunch.
    I've got LT in a keeper league I'm in. Im stoked. :lol:

Almost every draft I've ever been in, the first round (8, 10, or 12 teams) is almost always all RBs. You'll get Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison thrown in there in the first round as well a lot of times. Manning and Culpepper go the end of the second or so, and I've seen Vick go as low as third round.

You've got to figure, there's 32 "starting" RBs in the league, and of all those guys, how many share time with another back? Quite a few - Denver, Oakland, Philly, Tenn, Dallas - just to name a few where you can't bank on one guy being the outright starter all season. So if you have to start 2 RBs in a 12 team league, almost every bonafide "Featured Back" is going to get drafted in the first two rounds.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Brooklyn Jet@Jul 26 2004, 07:46 PM
    It depends on your scoring system, but if you get points for yardage and touchdowns:

1) Holmes
    2) Tomlinson
    3) Portis
    4) Green
    5) McAllister
    6) Alexander
    7) Lewis

#s 3-7 can be in any order really, but you get the point. Top 7 draft pick, go RB. No question.
    dude you stole my avatar!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'd have left this in the main forum if the topic included what it was about. Just for future reference.

Hall Of Fame
    RB first two picks - ALWAYS
    there isn't enough point difference between a good QB and a Great QB