Thread: Stepmoney back then-Teddy stinks

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on the party of the Senator she's married to, Tereza can adopt any beliefs, having none of her own. Power matters, how she gets there is immaterial. It's a wonder Angela Landsbury beat her out in the first "Manchurina Candidate". But Angela Landsbury's at least 10 years younger.

Teresa's Ted K tirade
    By David R. Guarino/ Herald exclusive

Monday, July 26, 2004

Teresa Heinz Kerry, years before becoming a Democrat, railed against the party's ``putrid'' politics, said she didn't trust Sen. Edward M. Kennedy [related, bio] and angrily called the liberal lion a ``perfect bastard.''

In comments published in a little-known 1975 book about political wives called ``The Power Lovers: An Intimate Look at Politicians and Their Marriages,'' Heinz Kerry lashed out at the senator she'll share the primetime convention stage with tonight.

``I know some couples who stay together only for politics,'' Heinz Kerry said at the time. ``If Ted Kennedy holds on to that marriage (to ex-wife Joan) just for the Catholic vote, as some people say he does, then I think he's a perfect bastard.''

Heinz Kerry, then married to Republican Sen. H. John Heinz III of Pennsylvania, said she ``didn't trust'' President Richard M. Nixon but added, ``Ted Kennedy I don't trust either.''

The combustible and ever-quotable Heinz Kerry said of Democrats, ``The Democratic machine in this country is putrid.'' Excerpts of the comments appeared in The Boston Herald American in January 1976.

Coming a day after Heinz Kerry was caught on camera telling a reporter to ``shove it'' when the reporter questioned her on statements made in a Boston speech, the remarks could undercut Democrats' ability to showcase a positive message at the convention.

Kennedy's office dismissed the comments as water under the bridge and said the two get along famously now _ regardless of what Heinz Kerry has said in the past.

``Over the years, Sen. and Mrs. Kennedy and John Kerry and Teresa Heinz Kerry have developed a deep friendship and strong mutual respect,'' Kennedy spokesman David Smith said in a statement to the Herald.

``A 30-year-old quote dug up by the Republican attack machine made long before they became friends is irrelevant.''

Heinz Kerry's spokeswoman also said the quotes' age makes them irrelevant.

``You are talking about statements that are more than 30 years old. A lot has changed since then,'' said Marla Romash, a senior adviser to Heinz Kerry.

But it isn't the first time quotes have emerged in which Heinz Kerry targets the legendary Bay State senator.

In an interview with The Washington Post in 1971, Heinz Kerry declared, ``Ted Kennedy I don't trust, like I don't trust Nixon, although I think Nixon's done a helluva lot better than I thought he would.''

Just last year, Heinz Kerry said she regretted the comments she had made to the Post regarding Kennedy.

Romash noted the number of times Heinz Kerry has campaigned with Kennedy and said Victoria Reggie Kennedy will host a luncheon for Heinz Kerry this afternoon at the Museum of Fine Arts.

``There's a very good relationship now,'' Romash said.

She said Heinz Kerry stood by her comments about the Democratic machine, saying state Democratic parties in New Jersey and Pennsylvania at the time were ``a big problem,'' Romash said.

``I think there are a lot of people who would say there were problems in state parties in Pennslyvania and New Jersey,'' Romash said. ``Those problems don't exist anymore.''

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Bugg......good find.

Keep watch; in a few more days they are about to unearth a few more doozies from the ketchup queen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just wondering when the media is going to inform the American public that the Ketchup pig supports Hamas with her treasure.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Jul 26 2004, 11:54 PM
    [b] I'm just wondering when the media is going to inform the American public that the Ketchup pig supports Hamas with her treasure. [/b][/quote]
    And I ask you, pope, the same question I asked Chiefs in another thread:

If Ms. Kerry's fiscal support of terrorism and terrorist groups is so clear that you have confidence in stating that "the Ketchup pig supports Hamas with her treasure", WHY has there been no official Govt. investigation by the Bush Administration and the Homeland Security Dept? Why is she not in jail, and her charities shutdown and the money siezed (as has happend with other charities that funded or supported terrorism).

Why has there been no action???

I'll tell you why: Either her Charities do not support terrorism OR the Bush administration is afriad to prosecute those who support terrorism.

Which is it? :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeh great find cause we all know what a candidate's wife said in 1976 is relevant to the current situation ...

oh yeah but when the President goes missing from 1972-73 on a giant cocaine bender that's not relevant...

makes sense to me!!

the american people aren't electing teresa heinz they are electing her husband

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Jul 26 2004, 11:54 PM
    [b] I'm just wondering when the media is going to inform the American public that the Ketchup pig supports Hamas with her treasure. [/b][/quote]
    im just wondering why the American people should care about Hamas

is Israel a state? should we put a jewish star on the flag?

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Jul 27 2004, 01:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Jul 27 2004, 01:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@Jul 26 2004, 11:54 PM
    [b] I&#39;m just wondering when the media is going to inform the American public that the Ketchup pig supports Hamas with her treasure. [/b][/quote]

is Israel a state? should we put a jewish star on the flag? [/b][/quote]
    I would recommend you start listening to John Batchelor on 77 AM, at 10 PM, weekdays.

You&#39;ll get alot of information about subjects [b]you think[/b] you know something about.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Jul 27 2004, 01:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Jul 27 2004, 01:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@Jul 26 2004, 11:54 PM
    [b] I&#39;m just wondering when the media is going to inform the American public that the Ketchup pig supports Hamas with her treasure. [/b][/quote]

is Israel a state? should we put a jewish star on the flag? [/b][/quote]
    ummmmm because they&#39;re a terrorist org. who has rescently stated they will turn their attacks at America.

Nice group of guys bit :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    well under the laws of pre-emptive attack saying you are gonna do something is just as bad as actually doing it&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 01:34 AM
    [b] the american people aren&#39;t electing teresa heinz they are electing her husband [/b][/quote]
    Newsflash: The American people aren&#39;t electing her husband either.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 11:52 AM
    [b] well under the laws of pre-emptive attack saying you are gonna do something is just as bad as actually doing it&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Congress gave him the go ahead, Bitonti. George Tenet said "its a slam dunk". What should George Bush and Tony Blair have done?

Do nothing? What if the SOB Hussein did have a WMD and used it? Hey Bit, while your playing Monday morning QB, why don&#39;t you buy yourself a lottery ticket with yesterdays winning numbers on it.