Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ann Couter's latest column

[He was what he hated, and he projected all that misdirected anger at others. ]

Oh is that what my problem is. Thanks Dr. Laura.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 07:00 PM
    [b] [He was what he hated, and he projected all that misdirected anger at others. ]

Oh is that what my problem is. Thanks Dr. Laura. [/b][/quote]
    I like the way you were complaining about living in sh*thole barracks in SC during the Reagan administration, 'cos all the money was going into star wars, and then you went on to say what a great guy Clinton was for building better housing for the troops.

Yeah, good ol' Bill Clinton, who slashed the military in half.

That's why reservists and national guardsmen make up 35% of the fighting force in Iraq. Tough crap your life got interupted. You signed up.

George Tenet- "Its a slam dunk."

[That's why reservists and national guardsmen make up 35% of the fighting force in Iraq. Tough crap your life got interupted. You signed up. ]

Yeah, hey you like statistics, look this one up. Find out how many reservists and national guardsmen stopped showing up for drill because they had to spend two days in the rain at Camp Lejeune for their two weeks training. I wonder if we would have had a full complement of corpsmen if guys like that had honored their contracts. Hmmmm.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 09:53 PM
    [b] [That's why reservists and national guardsmen make up 35% of the fighting force in Iraq. Tough crap your life got interupted. You signed up. ]

Yeah, hey you like statistics, look this one up. Find out how many reservists and national guardsmen stopped showing up for drill because they had to spend two days in the rain at Camp Lejeune for their two weeks training. I wonder if we would have had a full complement of corpsmen if guys like that had honored their contracts. Hmmmm. [/b][/quote]
    Get the story straight. I wasn't under contract. I agreed to drill on a month to month basis, I wasn't obligated at all, that was the agreement.

I wasn't at Camp Lejuene for two weeks, I was there for three weeks (18 days to be exact). I got two showers in 18 days, and one didn't really count, because afterwards I had to put my same filthy cammo's and underwear on.

Before I got my ride out to Jacksonville airport, I was cut a check...

For a little under 400 bucks.

Yeah, thanks Bill Clinton. Reagan was really fking me, but you're the man.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    Oh, I forgot to mention, when we first arrived mainside, and they put us in barracks for 24 hours (we never actually slept but thats another sidebar) and I recall having to take a sh*t, so I went to the head, and noticed (a tad too late) their wasn't any toilet paper. I enquired to a Marine in the head "where's the toilet paper?" and he said "You didn't bring any?"

Good ol' Bill Clinton. Can't even buy the troops TOILET FU**ING PAPER.

Don't get me started, you.

My first s**t in Iraq occurred outside of Nasiriyah. We were guarding a Forward Ammunition Resupply Point. I went in a dry creekbed and dug a hole. I used an MRE box as a seat. Anyway I'll try and remember your sob story next year when I go back there. Oh yeah, you know how many bullets I had? ****ing 6.

Good old Bush. Can't even buy the troops bullets.

Leave me alone. I'm trying to jerk off.

[I wasn't at Camp Lejuene for two weeks, I was there for three weeks .]

Wait a minute, Clinton can't pay for toilet paper but he can afford to send you on active duty for three weeks(everybody else goes for two)?! Save your lies for the AA meetings. They don't fly here boy.

[/Before I got my ride out to Jacksonville airport, I was cut a check...For a little under 400 bucks.]

You conveniently forgot to mention that you were an E3. You probably should have made rank while you were on active duty. Also, did you tell dispursing that you have dependents? Sometimes that helps.

[I enquired to a Marine in the head "where's the toilet paper?" and he said "You didn't bring any?"]

Tell it to HM3 Wayne Caron
    [img]http://www.7thmarines.org/7thMarines/50W022.jpg[/img]

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [b][QUOTE=gobbles,Jul 28 2004, 07:05 AM] [I wasn't at Camp Lejuene for two weeks, I was there for three weeks .]

Wait a minute, Clinton can't pay for toilet paper but he can afford to send you on active duty for three weeks(everybody else goes for two)?! Save your lies for the AA meetings. They don't fly here boy.

[/Before I got my ride out to Jacksonville airport, I was cut a check...For a little under 400 bucks.]

You conveniently forgot to mention that you were an E3. You probably should have made rank while you were on active duty. Also, did you tell dispursing* that you have dependents? Sometimes that helps.

[I enquired to a Marine in the head "where's the toilet paper?" and he said "You didn't bring any?"]

Tell it to HM3 Wayne Caron[/b]* * * * * * * * * * *

OK, enough. Here's the story:

I tried getting back on active duty, but good ol' Bill Clinton had a policy against prior service. The only reason I took the reserve gig, was because I thought I could back door my way back in. When I realized it was no dice, I went on my merry way.

Now the government is pissing and moaning they don't have enough servicemen.

I hear your boy John Kerry wants to reinstitute the draft. So "everybody can serve, not just poor minorities."

Oh brother. Give it a break already.

As for my E3 status, I went to Captains Mass twice, due to my overindulgence in alcohol. I passed the HM3 exam before I told the reserves to get bent.

If yo want to throw darts, pal, how big a sucker are you? At E-5, you have two lousy ranks on me, after 17 friggin years, and I spotted you two NJP's.

[b]Anyway I'll try and remember your sob story next year when I go back there[/b]

You don't have to go back. Just fake a few injuries. John Kerry did.

[I tried getting back on active duty, but good ol' Bill Clinton had a policy against prior service.]

Actually, I tried to go back on active duty under Bush 1 and he had the same policy. Interesting how you left that out.

[If yo want to throw darts, pal, how big a sucker are you? At E-5, you have two lousy ranks on me, after 17 friggin years, and I spotted you two NJP's.]

Since you decided to quit because you couldn't wipe your ass, you are now a civilian and I have 5, no wait 6 ranks on you(I just picked up HM1). You know the Navy advancement system is messed up. I'm not the only E5 with an assload of time in. In fact some of the seabees that died a few months ago were career E5's . Are they suckers too? The point is, you want to make fun of me and tell me to suck it up because I signed the paper, but you had your chance to make a difference and you quit....just because you didn't have toilet paper. And that to me is like a kick in the pills

I'm so mad I forgot to ask you why you hate America.
    Damn...G*d Damn.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 12:24 PM
    [b] Since you decided to quit because you couldn't wipe your ass, you are now a civilian and I have 5, no wait 6 ranks on you(I just picked up HM1). You know the Navy advancement system is messed up. I'm not the only E5 with an assload of time in. In fact some of the seabees that died a few months ago were career E5's . Are they suckers too? The point is, you want to make fun of me and tell me to suck it up because I signed the paper, but you had your chance to make a difference and you quit....just because you didn't have toilet paper. And that to me is like a kick in the pills [/b][/quote]
    So I guess the moral of the story is, had I stayed in the reserves, after 17 years, I'd be an E-5, and I would have had the opportunity to take a sht in a dry creek bed outside of Nasiriyah. [b]I HOPE YOU AT LEAST HAD THE COMMON COURTESY OF BURYING THE TOILET PAPER[/b]. Hundreds of thousands of troops leaving their exposed, used toilet paper poses an environmental hazard. I hope you at least set a good example for our young marines.

[b]I'm not the only E5 with an assload of time in. In fact some of the seabees that died a few months ago were career E5's .[/b]

Tell it to the little girl with the colostomy bag. I've had about enough of your tomfoolery and balderdash.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 12:24 PM
    [b]
    Since you decided to quit because you couldn't wipe your ass, you are now a civilian and I have 5, no wait 6 ranks on you(I just picked up HM1). [/b][/quote]
    Congratulations.

I was discharged from the reserves as an HM3.

I'll show you my goddamn DD-214 when John Kerry shows us his medical records.

[b]NOW GET OFF MY PHONE LINE, YOU.[/b]

Look guy, I'll grant you that our mission wasn't glamorous and was comparitively less dangerous than the other missions tasked to other infantry units. However we accomplished the mission with honor and pride, and to have you constantly denigrating it is like a kick in the pills. I'm not asking you to kiss my ass like you do with the Nam vets that post here, just don't constantly make fun of me with your smartness and sarcasm.

Until next time
    gobbles

I'm going on AT tomorrow.
    when I get back you'd better have unf**ked your attitude.

[Tell it to the little girl with the colostomy bag]

You mean Valerie Lakey?

| On a summer evening in 1993, David Lakey took his little girl swimming at a recreation center in Raleigh, N.C. Valerie Lakey was 5 years old, a good swimmer, and she and her friends liked to splash around in the children's wading pool that stayed open a little later than the big pool where they usually swam.

That's what Valerie was doing when a nearby mom heard her call out for help. Valerie was sitting on the bottom of the shallow pool, and the suction from the drain was holding her down. David Lakey raced to free his daughter but couldn't. Other parents jumped in the water to help, but they couldn't get Valerie loose. Valerie was scared, and she began to say that her stomach hurt.

Time passed, and somebody figured out how to turn off the pool's pump. The suction broke, and Valerie was released from its grip. But as David Lakey pulled his daughter from the water, blood and tissue filled the pool. Valerie's intestines had been sucked out.

David Lakey slumped to the ground on the side of the pool. He held his daughter on his chest, praying as they waited for an ambulance. Over and over, he told Valerie, "Daddy loves you. Daddy loves you. Daddy loves y

All Pro
    Honestly, that's one of the first things you learn in the military. Always carry toilet paper. Or a container of Wet-Ones. One shower in 18 days? I used to dream of taking showers, until we built our own shower in Somalia.

Just consider yourself lucky that nobody sent you out for a spool of flight line, or took you snipe hunting. ;)

[Just consider yourself lucky that nobody sent you out for a spool of flight line, or took you snipe hunting. ]

They did send him to supply to get some fallopian tubes though.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Thor99[/i]@Jul 30 2004, 11:46 AM
    [b] Honestly, that's one of the first things you learn in the military. Always carry toilet paper. [/b][/quote]
    Look, I never said I was Rambo. :lol: