Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks You Bill Clinton

That was such a tremendous speech last night..That man is such a great speaker and communicator I wish he were the sec. of state....

GREAT PART:

Here is what I know about John Kerry. During the Vietnam War, many young men—including the current president, the vice president and me—could have gone to Vietnam but didn’t. John Kerry came from a privileged background and could have avoided it too. Instead he said, send me.

When they sent those swift-boats up the river in Vietnam, and told them their job was to draw hostile fire—to show the American flag and bait the enemy to come out and fight—John Kerry said, send me. When it was time to heal the wounds of war and normalize relations with Vietnam—and to demand an accounting of the POWs and MIAs we lost there—John Kerry said, send me.

When we needed someone to push the cause of inner-city kids struggling to avoid a life of crime, or to bring the benefits of high technology to ordinary Americans, or to clean the environment in a way that creates jobs, or to give small businesses a better chance to make it, John Kerry said send me.

[url=http://www.dems2004.org/site/apps/nl/content3.asp?c=luI2LaPYG&b=125919&ct=158734]http://www.dems2004.org/site/apps/nl/conte...25919&ct=158734[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    He's found a program that will clean the environment AND create jobs?! Holy crap!

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 08:49 AM
    [b] He's found a program that will clean the environment AND create jobs?! Holy crap! [/b][/quote]
    He also says that as soon as he's sworn in, he's gonna socialize medicine. :lol:

During the primaries, even Edwards said "He's gonna drive us deeper and deeper into the deficit."

Kerry was down in Florida, adressing a conservative audience, that "Bush's reckless deficit spending is anti-conservative"

So let's vote for Kerry? How is socializing health care going to lower deficit spending?

Earth to John: We were in a recession. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO RUN A DEFICIT DURING A RECESSION. And we've seen the wonders that socializing education has done in our public schools, nobody wants to find out what it will do to health care.

You're finished.

is't a start!
    better than bush's war on the environment..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 08:56 AM
    [b] is't a start!
    better than bush's war on the environment.. [/b][/quote]
    Socialized Medicine so you will never need to work a day in your life....

first of all, I posted a quote about the nam years..NOT medicine..BUT I do belive that EVERYONE should have access to healthcare..
    that should be a basic duty of the gov't..not spreading capitalism through war..

Since we’re all in the same boat, let us chose as the captain of our ship a brave good man who knows how to steer a vessel though troubled waters to the calm seas and clear skies of our more perfect union. We know our mission. Let us join as one and say in a loud, clear voice: Send John Kerry.

It seems as though the last time Kerry did anything of significance was 35 years ago. My question for Bman is: Can you point to a single piece of significant legislation which Kerry sponsored and that later passed over his entire 20 years in the senate?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 09:08 AM
    [b] first of all, I posted a quote about the nam years..NOT medicine..BUT I do belive that EVERYONE should have access to healthcare..
    that should be a basic duty of the gov't..not spreading capitalism through war..

Since we’re all in the same boat, let us chose as the captain of our ship a brave good man who knows how to steer a vessel though troubled waters to the calm seas and clear skies of our more perfect union. We know our mission. Let us join as one and say in a loud, clear voice: Send John Kerry. [/b][/quote]
    You want health care GET A JOB!!!! Thats what Successful People do. Do you expect the government do provide everything for you??? Anyone who doesnt want to work does not deserve health care.

I agree with that...I agree with some form of 'work for welfare'..

Cheifs..I am voting for Kerry beacuse he's NOT Bush....
    I'm voting for Kerry because that means the men who run (or ruin) this country (cheney/rumsfeld/wolfiwitz/pearl)..WILL ALL BE GONE..

what did Bush do before he became president?! I mean even repubs HAVE to be objective and say that kerry is more experienced and qualified to be pres. than bush was in 2000..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 09:20 AM
    [b] I agree with that...I agree with some form of 'work for welfare'..

[/b][/quote]
    No, Either you get a job or no health care!!! Unless you are permanently disabled and unable to work. Iin America you have the opportunity to make a better life for yourself. If you want good health care you go to work.

I wouldnt object to government sponsored schooling for those who lose their jobs and need a new career, but not to provide health care for all. That just encourages more laziness.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 08:42 AM
    [b] Instead he said, send me.

[/b][/quote]
    Yeah, "send me".

"Send me home".

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 09:20 AM
    [b] I agree with that...I agree with some form of 'work for welfare'..

Cheifs..I am voting for Kerry beacuse he's NOT Bush....
    I'm voting for Kerry because that means the men who run (or ruin) this country (cheney/rumsfeld/wolfiwitz/pearl)..WILL ALL BE GONE..

what did Bush do before he became president?! I mean even repubs HAVE to be objective and say that kerry is more experienced and qualified to be pres. than bush was in 2000.. [/b][/quote]
    Bush was the Governer of the largest state in the Union. Conventional wisdom tells us that the Presidency is more suited to Governors than Senators. There have only been 2 or 3 Senators who became Presidents over the past 100 years. Either way I have no problem with Kerrys experience. My problem is with his record. He has been in the senate for 20 years yet he has written allmost no legislation. He has consistently voted to cut spending on intelligence and the military while consistently voting to raise taxes and increase spending on social hand outs. I disagree with all thos stances. Simple as that.

politics schmolitics...I am certain that kerry is a better man for the job...he's clearly more intelligent and clearly will not simply rely on his VP or sec. of defense for answers..

Maxman
    Hey guys I didn't watch any of this last night so I may be a little naive. But I am confused about the socialized medicine comments. Here is what I know about John Kerry's Healthcare plans:

He says he will reimburse HMOs for 75% of any claim over $50,000. The theory being that these real high claims are what drive up premiums. So if they remove the high end risk, premiums will come down.

To pay for this subsidy, the tax cuts will be rolled back to any family making over 200k.

Is this what is being referred to as socialized medicine?

All League
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 09:33 AM
    [b] Bush was the Governer of the largest state in the Union. [/b][/quote]
    Bush was governor of California? How did I miss that? Or, did you mean Alaska? The first is largest in population and the second in land mass. I just don't recall Gee Dubya running either one.

Just can't stop lying, can you?

bush was the gov of carlysle

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™+Jul 27 2004, 10:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Bob the Jets Fan™ @ Jul 27 2004, 10:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--chiefst2000[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 09:33 AM
    Bush was governor of California? How did I miss that? Or, did you mean Alaska? The first is largest in population and the second in land mass. I just don&#39;t recall Gee Dubya running either one.

Just can&#39;t stop lying, can you? [/b][/quote]
    I thought I wrote .. one of the largest states ... It had nothing to do with the point I was making. As for you I have yet to see you ever present one good point about anything. Can you name one meaningful piece of passed legislation whick Kerry sponsored or wrote?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 08:42 AM
    [b] That was such a tremendous speech last night..That man is such a great speaker and communicator I wish he were the sec. of state....

GREAT PART:

Here is what I know about John Kerry. During the Vietnam War, many young men—including the current president, the vice president and me—could have gone to Vietnam but didn’t. John Kerry came from a privileged background and could have avoided it too. Instead he said, send me.

When they sent those swift-boats up the river in Vietnam, and told them their job was to draw hostile fire—to show the American flag and bait the enemy to come out and fight—John Kerry said, send me. When it was time to heal the wounds of war and normalize relations with Vietnam—and to demand an accounting of the POWs and MIAs we lost there—John Kerry said, send me.

When we needed someone to push the cause of inner-city kids struggling to avoid a life of crime, or to bring the benefits of high technology to ordinary Americans, or to clean the environment in a way that creates jobs, or to give small businesses a better chance to make it, John Kerry said send me.

[url=http://www.dems2004.org/site/apps/nl/content3.asp?c=luI2LaPYG&b=125919&ct=158734]http://www.dems2004.org/site/apps/nl/conte...25919&ct=158734[/url] [/b][/quote]
    When the splinter was removed and the bacitracin and band-aid were applied, he said "send me...home on the next plane."

When he saw Hienz&#39; plane go down in flames only to put a newly widowed billionairess back on the market, he said "send me."

When he realized that the medals he "threw over the fence" might actually be useful to his presidential campaign, he said "send me...back my medals."

When he realized that he had the charisma and charm that could put a methamphetamine junkie to sleep, he said "send me...Hyperhappy Edwards."

When (God forbid) he gets into office, before the end of the first day he&#39;ll say "send me...more of your paycheck."

SEND ME....
    Kerry went...kerry served..Kerry was the captain of a very very dangerous boat..
    the guy is no p***y&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Jul 27 2004, 10:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Jul 27 2004, 10:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Bob the Jets Fan™@Jul 27 2004, 10:00 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--chiefst2000[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 09:33 AM
    Bush was governor of California? How did I miss that? Or, did you mean Alaska? The first is largest in population and the second in land mass. I just don&#39;t recall Gee Dubya running either one.

Just can&#39;t stop lying, can you? [/b][/quote]
    I thought I wrote .. one of the largest states ... It had nothing to do with the point I was making. As for you I have yet to see you ever present one good point about anything. Can you name one meaningful piece of passed legislation whick Kerry sponsored or wrote? [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m still waiting for an answer.