Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Kerry cares about the troops

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kerry cosponsored a Defense Department amendment that authorized our military to transport the families of wounded active duty soldiers. He joined Senator Olympia Snowe (R-ME) in requesting Coast Guard funding to supplement search-and-rescue missions, the prevention of drug smuggling, and fishery patrol. During the Persian Gulf War, Kerry voted to postpone interest payments on SBA loans and extend tax return filing deadlines for reservists who went to serve in the Middle East, and has been outspoken in probing the causes of mysterious illnesses that afflict Gulf War veterans - - cosponsoring the Persian Gulf War Veterans Act of 1996 to make medical connections between physical afflictions and wartime toxic exposure. Senator Kerry has stood up for veterans in the areas of military commendation, funding of homeless shelters for U.S. veterans, preventing premature hospital discharges, VA Hospital renovation, funeral and burial benefits, disability coverage, review of compensation for veterans' benefits & medical care, post-service employment, and national commemoration (including the declaration of National POW/MIA Recognition Day).

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 01:11 PM
    [b] Kerry cosponsored a Defense Department amendment that authorized our military to transport the families of wounded active duty soldiers. He joined Senator Olympia Snowe (R-ME) in requesting Coast Guard funding to supplement search-and-rescue missions, the prevention of drug smuggling, and fishery patrol. During the Persian Gulf War, Kerry voted to postpone interest payments on SBA loans and extend tax return filing deadlines for reservists who went to serve in the Middle East, and has been outspoken in probing the causes of mysterious illnesses that afflict Gulf War veterans - - cosponsoring the Persian Gulf War Veterans Act of 1996 to make medical connections between physical afflictions and wartime toxic exposure. Senator Kerry has stood up for veterans in the areas of military commendation, funding of homeless shelters for U.S. veterans, preventing premature hospital discharges, VA Hospital renovation, funeral and burial benefits, disability coverage, review of compensation for veterans' benefits & medical care, post-service employment, and national commemoration (including the declaration of National POW/MIA Recognition Day). [/b][/quote]
    bman, you already cut and pasted this stuff (without attribution, you plagiarist) in the other thread. Why do you feel the need to repeat it word for word in a new thread? Are you that proud of the results of your two-hour internet search for a response to Chief's question?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe I should start pasting the material I get in my daily GW Bush Newsletters.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And an incredibly poor response at that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm voting fpr john kerry for the following reasons...
    1) He's not Bush
    2) Rumsfeld, Cheney, WolfiNUTZ will all be so REmOVED(forcibly if necessary) from the power...
    3)he's far smarter than w....
    4) he's not a representative of the miltray industrial complex...

that's pretty much it...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i will say this much

John Kerry was in the s--t

he was on a gunboat in Nam, and he did stare death in the face

where did Bush serve? what death did he stare in the face?

that's why he has no regard for wasting the lives of GI's, he has no real experience to draw on... these men are just numbers on a piece of paper to George Bush. When they die he and his supporters blame "the enemy" - that's Bull. I blame Bush.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 02:06 PM
    [b] i will say this much

John Kerry was in the s--t

he was on a gunboat in Nam, and he did stare death in the face

where did Bush serve? what death did he stare in the face?

that's why he has no regard for wasting the lives of GI's, he has no real experience to draw on... these men are just numbers on a piece of paper to George Bush. When they die he and his supporters blame "the enemy" - that's Bull. I blame Bush. [/b][/quote]
    Bitonti - have YOU ever flown a fighter jet?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    no i haven't, but neither am I sending GI's overseas to die.

again i would contend that being a fighter pilot is not the same as being someone on the ground and in the s--t. Fighter pilots do not see the faces of those they kill, they push a button and it happens from a far distance.

also i would like to point out that Bush never saw combat. He flew training missions from the safety of the continental US. He never stared death in the face, like Kerry did.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    His guard unit flew outdated jets that couldn't get parts and as a result they were constantly broken down, also he didn't show up for his monthly drills. Where then did he fly these fighter jets?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 02:40 PM
    [b] again i would contend that being a fighter pilot is not the same as being someone on the ground and in the s--t. Fighter pilots do not see the faces of those they kill, they push a button and it happens from a far distance.

[/b][/quote]
    Fighter Pilots don't take 3 month photo-op tours, get scratched and go home.

They usually don't come home and $hit on their fellow soldiers like Hanoi John did either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    again, when Bush, Cheney, and even my man Clinton were to scared...

John Kerry said SEND ME..
    The man has balls and went to fight...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 04:02 PM
    [b] John Kerry said SEND ME..
    [/b][/quote]
    Send me, I need some 18 millimeter film so I can try and become pres one day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    so he brought the film crew there so he could release it 30 years later <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    pope for a guy who has close family in the service how can you take the side of a draft dodger who didn&#39;t even show up for guard duty over a man who actually went and served (and yes was wounded minorly) three times on a vietnam-era gunboat in the mekong delta?

face it if Kerry was a Republican you would love his service record... if Bush was a dem you would laugh at his time in the texas air-national guard

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 05:06 PM
    [b] pope for a guy who has close family in the service how can you take the side of a draft dodger who didn&#39;t even show up for guard duty over a man who actually went and served (and yes was wounded minorly) three times on a vietnam-era gunboat in the mekong delta?

face it if Kerry was a Republican you would love his service record... if Bush was a dem you would laugh at his time in the texas air-national guard [/b][/quote]
    bit, my brother has spent over 2 years in both Afghanistan & Iraq and been back a total of one month.

Compare that to Kerry who served 3 months and went home and &#036;hit on his fellow soldiers, I HAVE ZERO respect for a man who does that. The guys over in Iraq rigth now laugh at Kerry when he tries to appear like some war hero. John McCain was a war hero, Kerry was and still is a disgrace.

And Bush was not a draft dodger, you&#39;re right that he never saw action but he didn&#39;t dodge the draft like Billy boy.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [b] pope for a guy who has close family in the service how can you take the side of a draft dodger who didn&#39;t even show up for guard duty [/b][/quote]
    How about the draft dodger who spent 1968 in the Soviet Union? Wasn&#39;t an issue then, though, was it?

You&#39;re a phoney, Bitonti. Just give it up already.

"He was in Nam, man. He was, like, in country."

So what? John Kerry was in Viet Nam. Woop de damn doo. So was ex-death row inmate James R. Johnson. Maybe he should of run for office somewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James R. Johnson, 52, 2002-01-09, Mississippi

A man convicted of a sniper-style shooting rampage a decade ago that left 4 dead and terrorized the central Missouri community of California was executed early today.

James R. Johnson, 52, was pronounced dead at 12:06 a.m. at the Potosi Correctional Center, two minutes after the 1st of 3 lethal doses was administered, state Department of Corrections spokesman Tim Kniest said.

Johnson, a former military helicopter mechanic, didn&#39;t deny pulling the trigger in the 4 deaths during the shooting spree around California on Dec. 9-10, 1991 - events that led to one of the largest manhunts in Missouri history.

The shootings started the night of Dec. 9 at Johnson&#39;s home near Jamestown, where Moniteau County Reserve Deputy Les Roark had gone on a domestic disturbance call.

After Roark&#39;s shooting, prosecutors said, Johnson traveled to the home of Moniteau County Sheriff Kenny Jones. He shot Jones&#39; wife, Pam, through a window as she read a Christmas story to a Bible class.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [b] pope for a guy who has close family in the service how can you take the side of a draft dodger who didn&#39;t even show up for guard duty over a man who actually went and served (and yes was wounded minorly) three times on a vietnam-era gunboat in the mekong delta?

face it if Kerry was a Republican you would love his service record... if Bush was a dem you would laugh at his time in the texas air-national guard [/b][/quote]
    Bit,
    I have Brothers in the Military and am voting for Bush. My brothers in the Military are also voting for Bush. Bush is loved and respected by our fighting forces.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Tom The Nader Fan™[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 09:28 PM
    [b] You&#39;re a phoney, Bitonti. Just give it up already.
    [/b][/quote]
    im many things but phoney is not one of em

you know whats the sad thing ill show up at 16H and youll pretend to be cool with me

throw back a couple cold ones, shoot the s**t, everything cool

then as soon as we leave the parking lot you say all this f--ked up s**t like im a phoney

"duh duh duh" comments "like he was in country man"

hey i got an idea why dont you look in the mirror you brainwashed prick?

i don&#39;t need s**t from you Moses

you want to get personal me hey lets get personal&#33;

hopefully you can stick this post through without changing your username 12 times.

[b]Jet Moses[/b]

you couldn&#39;t take a piss without two dozen white house talking points about how your taking a piss contributes to the greater good.

If the white house told you that your piss was blue you would not only believe it but use it to fill your inkwells. When you sign nasty letters to Hillary Clinton you would use your "freedom ink" to "fight terror" in your very own living room.

hey you forget i know you man. We&#39;ve met more than once. maybe you don&#39;t remember cause you were wasted beyond all recognition. it&#39;s ok so was I...

Unless you are one of those millionare misers, its clear you don&#39;t have a pot to piss in. we got that in common... it&#39;s ok neither do I... when these bankrolled f--ks vote Republican at least i understand it&#39;s for the tax breaks... maybe if i was worth a damn i would want my cheap blood money bribe too.

you on the other hand have nothing. You are listening to far too much Am radio, and at the end of the day are just the brainwashed servant of the Bushy VonSnoots of this nation. Brainwashed&#33;&#33;&#33; completely brainwashed&#33;&#33;&#33;

the democratic party is not anything to write home about. But i&#39;ve said that from the beginning... all im saying is someone who went to war is braver than someone who did not. that includes Pope&#39;s brother, Jetman&#39;s family and everyone else who has served this country.

I might be wrong but phoney i am not. I leave that to the experts, BUDDY.

you know me well enough to know my real name, where i live, what i do, what mode of transport I use... but im a phoney?

see ya in 16-H you raging penis pump B)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [you on the other hand have nothing. You are listening to far too much Am radio, and at the end of the day are just the brainwashed servant of the Bushy VonSnoots of this nation. Brainwashed&#33;&#33;&#33; completely brainwashed&#33;&#33;&#33; ]

Oh no, he&#39;s independent. He watches Hannity and Colmes so he can get both sides of a story and make up his own mind.

Tom, why do you debase the discourse on your message boare
    Why is phoney your new favorite word?
    Why did you tell everybody that you cried when the Berlin wall came down?
    Did you know that baby Jesus cries when you lie...Tom?
    Tom, why do you hate America?

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 12:45 AM
    [b] you know whats the sad thing ill show up at 16H and youll pretend to be cool with me

[/b][/quote]
    Oh no I wont. I&#39;m done with you. I won&#39;t even look at you. I hope the feelings mutual. If you took my civility towards you as pretentiousness, then you got it all wrong, but whatever. I thought of it as "taking the high road". Just ignore me, and I&#39;ll ignore you. I don&#39;t want anybody calling the cops on me. I&#39;ve had that happen before, and it&#39;s one big headache I don&#39;t need in my life right now. Besides, you won&#39;t see me at 16H that much any way. I don&#39;t drink any more, and I&#39;m not gonna start going to games until at least November. That&#39;s when Herm usually has the team "starting to gel". :lol:

And I&#39;ll tell you what a phoney is. A phoney is someone who says "Let&#39;s not make Bill Clintons draft dodge an issue in the 1992 election" but then wants to discredit Bush for serving in the National Guard."

A phoney is someone who repeats this crap on cue.

That&#39;s a phoney. If the shoe fits, wear it.

As for your tired and worn out, stereotypical rhetoric about the Republican party, why don&#39;t you read that article I posted about the NEA and its corrupt alliance with the Democrats?

It&#39;s OK, Bit. I understand. When you devote your entire life to something, and it turns out to be a fairy tale, there&#39;s one of two directions you can go in. You can admit you made a mistake, you were duped, and move on. Or, you can reinforce the lies, because you can&#39;t reconcile the fact that you were duped.

The fact is, alot of people in this country won&#39;t even give George Bush a chance. The democrats smeared him right out the gate with this phoney "he stole the election" nonsense, and they&#39;re still doing it. And you&#39;re still doing it.

Taking advantage of people that are ignorant. I used to be afraid to say I&#39;m voting republican in certain company, but not any more. I realize that it&#39;s my moral obligation to tell people, and "here&#39;s why". I try and show them that the boogie man isnt real. And I find that people generally respect your honesty, and courage. The damage you guys caused, and you rationalize it because you have created this mythical monster in your minds of the "evil republicans". They are so evil, by golly, we have to stop them by any means necassary. Even if dead people and illegal aliens have to register to vote.

That&#39;s why I despise you, Bitonti. You are intellectually dishonest. For example, RE the USS Liberty. We go over this every year, Bitonti. You have zero proof that Israel attacked that ship intententionally. All you have is some cock and bull fairy tale about "Israel&#39;s motive was to sink that ship &#39;cos that ship had recorded an Israeli massacre of Egyptian POWs" (ridiculous nonsense). And yet, a month after running this topic into the ground, your back posting the same hyperbole that initiated the prior heated exchange. It&#39;s like, everything I said went in one ear and out the other. You have no proof, and yet, you repeat your fairy tale, and what&#39;s sad is their are people hearing it for the first time, and they just take you at your word. That&#39;s intellectual dishonesty. I punch holes in your story, over and over, and yet, you stick to it. Because you don&#39;t care about the truth, you just want to persuade people with your dishonest rhetoric.

You lack character.