Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: USS Reagan a weapon of mass destruction?

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Michael Reagan just said in a live television interview that when he asked his ballet dancin' brother Ron Jr if he was going to the ceremony to christen the USS Ronald Reagan with his mom the response from the panty-waste lib was, [b]"I'm a liberal and the USS Ronald Reagan is a weapon of mass destruction."[/b]

    Then asked if he was concerned his comment would set afire a big controversy Michael Reagan said he did not care......interesting to see how this plays out.

    [img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040727/capt.jey13d07271628.campaign_kerry_jey13d.jpg[/img]

    [b]As part of John Kerri's new plan to make health insurance affordable every American would be required to wear a suit similiar to this in the hopes of reducing skin cancer![/b]

  2. #2
    Well......

    A modern Carrier carries enough Nuclear weapons in it's stock to be classifed as a "Multiple WMD Platform".

    Nukes aside, a modern carrier has enough hardware and weapons to decimate a small City (and maybe even a Big City) without effort.

    Sure sounds like "mass destruction" to me......although I fail to see what point Ronnie was trying to make. :blink:

  3. #3
    I thought little Ronnie would be more concerned about gay marriage :rolleyes:

  4. #4
    see here's how it works

    when a towelhead drives a 25 year old lunch truck into a riverbed that's a scary, evil weapon of mass destruction

    when a 4.3 billion dollar aircraft carrier has enough firepower to blow up a couple continents that's a loveable, good instrument of freedom

    cmon get with the program <_<

  5. #5
    Tom The Nader Fan™
    Guest
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 12:36 AM
    [b] see here&#39;s how it works

    when a towelhead drives a 25 year old lunch truck into a riverbed that&#39;s a scary, evil weapon of mass destruction

    when a 4.3 billion dollar aircraft carrier has enough firepower to blow up a couple continents that&#39;s a loveable, good instrument of freedom

    cmon get with the program <_< [/b][/quote]
    Hey Bitonti, if Kerry wins the election, is he going to invade Saudi Arabia?

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,472
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jul 27 2004, 10:00 PM
    [b] Well......

    A modern Carrier carries enough Nuclear weapons in it&#39;s stock to be classifed as a "Multiple WMD Platform".

    Nukes aside, a modern carrier has enough hardware and weapons to decimate a small City (and maybe even a Big City) without effort.

    Sure sounds like "mass destruction" to me......although I fail to see what point Ronnie was trying to make. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    He has sold out and is simply being a shill for the democrats.

    He is a disgrace to the memory of his father, which he is now exploiting.

    But the Democrats have no problem with that, becasue they also have no shame.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 12:36 AM
    [b] see here&#39;s how it works

    when a towelhead drives a 25 year old lunch truck into a riverbed that&#39;s a scary, evil weapon of mass destruction

    when a 4.3 billion dollar aircraft carrier has enough firepower to blow up a couple continents that&#39;s a loveable, good instrument of freedom

    cmon get with the program <_< [/b][/quote]
    This post is a perfect example of liberal relative moralism. Thanks bitonti for eloquently stating what botox boy believes but will never publically say.

    "Weapons in the hands of America are just as bad as in the hands of islamic fundamentalists and worldwide fanatics".

    When the truly moderate among us cast their vote in November, I hope they keep this in the back of their mind.

    [i]"We very much don&#39;t want to be out there by ourselves as the organizer and the only superpower,&#39;&#39; she said. "People don&#39;t believe that. They think we just want to be king of the hill, but we do not.&#39;&#39;[/i] - Madeline Albright, April 14, 1998.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 12:36 AM
    [b] see here&#39;s how it works

    when a towelhead drives a 25 year old lunch truck into a riverbed that&#39;s a scary, evil weapon of mass destruction

    when a 4.3 billion dollar aircraft carrier has enough firepower to blow up a couple continents that&#39;s a loveable, good instrument of freedom

    cmon get with the program <_< [/b][/quote]
    C&#39;mon bit...say it...it&#39;s on the tip of your tongue: America is evil and go-go-go Al Queda right?

  9. #9
    America is the greatest country in the world but it is not perfect. We kill people too CBTNY and sometimes we do so for no good reason.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 11:30 AM
    [b] America is the greatest country in the world but it is not perfect. We kill people too CBTNY and sometimes we do so for no good reason. [/b][/quote]
    Right...but you&#39;ll draw comparisons between an aircraft carrier to a lunatic suicide bomber?

  11. #11
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 11:30 AM
    [b] America is the greatest country in the world but it is not perfect. We kill people too CBTNY and sometimes we do so for no good reason. [/b][/quote]
    Let me clarify somthing for you. America is not an imperialist country. We do not attack other countries to take them over and exploit that. The USSR did that. Your heroes the Europeans are fameous for it. Amerca&#39;s goal is the spread of freedom. It is a noble cause. An American aircraft carrier would only be used for the cause of spreading freedom and prosperity throughout the world. Countries we have defeated militarily are rebuilt better than ever.

  12. #12
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 11:30 AM
    [b]America is the greatest country in the world but it is not perfect. We kill people too CBTNY and sometimes we do so for no good reason.[/b][/quote]
    Let me clarify somthing for you. America is not an imperialist country. We do not attack other countries to take them over and exploit that. The USSR did that. Your heroes the Europeans are fameous for it. Amerca&#39;s goal is the spread of freedom. It is a noble cause. An American aircraft carrier would only be used for the cause of spreading freedom and prosperity throughout the world. Countries we have defeated militarily are rebuilt better than ever.

  13. #13
    all im saying is that technically an aircraft carrier is a WMD

    why won&#39;t you admit that?

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,402
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 11:54 AM
    [b]all im saying is that technically an aircraft carrier is a WMD

    why won&#39;t you admit that?[/b][/quote]
    Technically a fetus is a human being.

    Why won&#39;t you admit that?

    [img]http://www.fetalmaternal.org/images/frightened%20fetus.jpg[/img]

  15. #15
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Jul 28 2004, 11:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Jul 28 2004, 11:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 11:30 AM
    [b] America is the greatest country in the world but it is not perfect. We kill people too CBTNY and sometimes we do so for no good reason. [/b][/quote]
    Let me clarify somthing for you. America is not an imperialist country. We do not attack other countries to take them over and exploit that. The USSR did that. Your heroes the Europeans are fameous for it. Amerca&#39;s goal is the spread of freedom. It is a noble cause. An American aircraft carrier would only be used for the cause of spreading freedom and prosperity throughout the world. Countries we have defeated militarily are rebuilt better than ever. [/b][/quote]
    You really belive all that, eh? I wish I could be so optimistic and trusting (naive?). I really do.

    In your world, the USA can do no wrong, is more noble and moral than anyone else, and anyone damage we do or people we kill is all for the betterment of the world only.....Heck, the USA is perfect&#33;

    Like I said, I wish I could believe like you do.

  16. #16
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Jul 28 2004, 12:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Jul 28 2004, 12:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -chiefst2000@Jul 28 2004, 11:53 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 11:30 AM
    [b] America is the greatest country in the world but it is not perfect. We kill people too CBTNY and sometimes we do so for no good reason. [/b][/quote]
    Let me clarify somthing for you. America is not an imperialist country. We do not attack other countries to take them over and exploit that. The USSR did that. Your heroes the Europeans are fameous for it. Amerca&#39;s goal is the spread of freedom. It is a noble cause. An American aircraft carrier would only be used for the cause of spreading freedom and prosperity throughout the world. Countries we have defeated militarily are rebuilt better than ever. [/b][/quote]
    You really belive all that, eh? I wish I could be so optimistic and trusting (naive?). I really do.

    In your world, the USA can do no wrong, is more noble and moral than anyone else, and anyone damage we do or people we kill is all for the betterment of the world only.....Heck, the USA is perfect&#33;

    Like I said, I wish I could believe like you do. [/b][/quote]
    Thats not what I said. The US can and has made mistakes. In the end I believe our intentions are good. If you disagree thats a shame for you. I would not want to live in a country whose intentions are suspect.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn/Austin
    Posts
    2,712
    What was interesting about the Michael Reagan interview was his comments on stem-cell research. For the record, I was one who was in favor of stem-cell research and was against Bush&#39;s stance regarding it. However, according to Reagan, research is being done and they are finding out there is a great chance of cancer down the line with the work they have done. Whether he is accurate or not can be debated I guess, but from what I heard during that interview makes me feel a little more confident that our president has a clue on what he is doing regarding stem cell.

  18. #18
    shakin i don&#39;t see how fetuses have anything to do with anything. you all know my stance on abortion it is all about "brain life"

    --

    the problem here is one of semantics - because the administration has pumped up WMD as this evil thing, no one wants to admit that technically the united states has more WMD than anyone else. And yes aircraft carriers are WMD.

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,402
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 01:02 PM
    [b] shakin i don&#39;t see how fetuses have anything to do with anything. you all know my stance on abortion it is all about "brain life"

    --

    the problem here is one of semantics - because the administration has pumped up WMD as this evil thing, no one wants to admit that technically the united states has more WMD than anyone else. And yes aircraft carriers are WMD. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, I guess that was off topic.


    As for semantics, saying "the administration has pumped up WMD as this evil thing" is a steaming crock. Are you implying that everyone outside of this administration considers WMD to be warm, fuzzy and huggable?

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 12:08 PM
    [b] In your world, the USA can do no wrong, is more noble and moral than anyone else, and anyone damage we do or people we kill is all for the betterment of the world only.....Heck, the USA is perfect&#33;
    [/b][/quote]
    If you want to deal in relatives, then yes, America is the most perfect country currently on the planet.

    In absolute terms, no country is 100% perfect.

    If you disagree, then name me one country that&#39;s better. There isn&#39;t.

    In the eyes of PETA, fisherman, you are a murderer. Are they correct?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us