Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Coyotes offer Brett Hull 2 year deal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smart move only if its for less than 5m for 2 years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phoenix is another team that has been having financial problems and drawing crowds-another example of owners crying poverty and then want to sign old player for millions. Hypocrisy

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Jul 28 2004, 12:08 PM
    Phoenix is another team that has been having financial problems and drawing crowds-another example of owners crying poverty and then want to sign old player for millions. Hypocrisy
    New stadium, same small crowd. They are on my short list of cancellations, along with Panthers, Hurricanes, Predators and Thrashers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Predators last season actually drew well-it helped they had their first year of ever making the playoffs-I might have Northern bias but I do not see hockey ever drawing enough interest in the Southern part of the country.
    Tampa T you would be more closer to Florida situation.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hull signs two-year contract with Coyotes

August 6, 2004
    GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- Brett Hull, third on the NHL's career goals list, signed a two-year contract with the Phoenix Coyotes on Friday.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The free agent forward, an 18-year veteran who spent the last three seasons with Detroit, has 741 goals -- second only to Coyotes managing partner Wayne Gretzky's 894 and Gordie Howe's 801. Hull, who turns 40 on Monday, has also scored 103 playoff goals, fourth behind Gretzky, Mark Messier and Jari Kurri.
    I am a little surprised Hull at this point would want to pick up and leave Detroit to finish his career and Phoenix I guess is looking for the Hull name to draw fans hopefully.