Thread: reasons to vote for coward bush

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    EMAIL ARTICLE LINK TO ARTICLE PRINT ARTICLE

Article Published: Sunday, July 25, 2004
    Nuts about the GOP? Join the zany party today

By Martin Freed

OK, OK. I give up. I'm going to vote for Bush. The right wing convinced me that this is the best course. And there are a lot of reasons.
    I decided that breathing totally polluted air is really not too bad. What's a little carbon monoxide when we can save a quarter of a cent per kilowatt-hour on our electric bill. I smoke two packs a day, so how can a small increase in the amount in the atmosphere hurt? Who cares! And as for those non-smokers, I say tough luck. They chose not too smoke, so it's their own fault.

When my former friends, the left-wingers, proselytize about the deficit, my eyes glaze over. Do I really care if my kids, grandkids and great-grandkids have to pay it off? After all, they would not even exist if it wasn't for me. So who cares. Why, if I had my way, I'd sell them into slavery if I thought I could make a buck.

Hey, I really want my $100 tax cut. Just because some billionaire is getting a half million-dollar tax cut, who gives a darn as long as I get an extra $100. After all, those rich guys need to trade in their yachts every other year. Couldn't imagine them having to entertain their peers on one that was more than a couple years old.

Do you think that I care that Bush was a deserter during the Vietnam War? Not me! Someone with his daddy's influence and money shouldn't have to serve their country. Getting killed or maimed in ridiculous wars is only for the peons of our society. And why should I care if the Bushco cannot find the money for state-of-the-art body armor or even adequate ammunition for our troops? Let them go out to Wal-Mart and buy it themselves. Didn't they ever hear of personal responsibility? In addition, their mothers should run bake sales to buy them the proper equipment. That story about rich heroes like JFK was probably just made up by the leftist commies.

Hey, I'm not a vet. I was able to avoid the draft like just about every Republican chicken hawk like Cheney, DeLay, Lott, Wolfowitz, etc. Why, even Secretary of War Rumsfeld did everything he could to avoid combat in Korea. So why do I care if they are planning to close 11 Veterans Administration hospitals and cut numerous other veterans benefits during a war as long as I get my hundred bucks?

Do you think I care if the current resident of the White House started two wars during the past four years? What difference does it make if there was a net loss of jobs during his term. Who cares that we are losing our civil liberties at a light-speed rate. After all, he's in favor of amendments against flag burning and gay marriage. And what is more important?

As far as the United States becoming a theocracy, we all know that God speaks through Bush. I love the idea of Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell running the country. Who cares if the former probably sells diamonds to terrorists and the latter might be indicted for various crimes. They say that they are truly men of God, and whether it is true is not important. I choose to believe them. Do you think it matters that the Founding Fathers, including Jefferson, Madison, Franklin and Washington, stood for the absolute separation of church and state? Not one iota, Like I said, they say they are men of God, so who am I to question their authority.

These are just a few of the reasons that I am now a Republican. Think about it and you will probably also convert. I decided that I just love the crazy little Texas gunslinger who was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple. He has become my image of the perfect American. So forget it, all you dirty commies, hippies and peaceniks. I'm moving over to the other side, and I advise you all to get a job.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Vote for Kerry:

[b]KERRY LIED . . . while good men died[/b]

As a national leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Kerry campaigned against the effort of the United States to contain the spread of Communism. He used the blood of servicemen still in the field for his own political advancement by claiming that their blood was being shed unnecessarily or in vain.

Under Kerry's leadership, VVAW members mocked the uniform of United States soldiers by wearing tattered fatigues marked with pro-communist graffiti. They dishonored America by marching in demonstrations under the flag of the Viet Cong enemy.

[url=http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com/page2.html]Vietnam Vets Against Kerry[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 28 2004, 11:29 AM
    [b] Hey, I really want my $100 tax cut. Just because some billionaire is getting a half million-dollar tax cut, who gives a darn as long as I get an extra $100. After all, those rich guys need to trade in their yachts every other year. Couldn't imagine them having to entertain their peers on one that was more than a couple years old.
    [/b][/quote]
    I love nitwit logic like this that completely ignores how much in taxes the 'billionaire' still pays in taxes compared to Mr. Middle Class.

He even ridicules trading in a yacht every year ignoring the hundreds of small businessmen who will make their living on the building of those yachts, and storing and servicing, etc.

numbskull stuff.

Right up your alley.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. This article is simply idiotic, regardless of your political view.

I hope to god no one actually paid this writer, not many reputable authors will put something out that has NO fact basis at all, and instead is solely based on the author's conjecture.

Sure, maybe I could see this on the Op-Ed page of the NY Post or being read by a 10th grader in front of his history class, but any real journalist would laugh his ass off at the sight of this. Matter of fact, they'd probably laugh at anybody who would use it the way bman did....

Also, a link (or source) in the future might help you come off in a bit more reputable way, bman. Just a tip.